Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Enlightening Facts About Gay And Trans People
(06-18-2016, 10:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You call this "victory"?

[Image: ls.jpg]

[Image: NoGaysSign.jpg]

[Image: no+gays+allowed+sign+2.jpg]

[Image: queers.jpg]

I fully, yet eye-rollingly support private business' right to post this crap and deny services BUT I have less support for people's rights to act like crap like this doesn't exist and that being gay is completely inconsequential.

Not to sound like a sit-com, but if being gay is no big deal in the way people treat you why don't you tell everyone you know you are gay and see if it changes how you're perceived and treated.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-18-2016, 11:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They already have equal rights.   It's in the founding documents 

Which is why slaves were kept for another century after those documents.

Equal rights my ass.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-19-2016, 02:09 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Which is why slaves were kept for another century after those documents.

Equal rights my ass.

The aim was to free the slaves but to hold the union together they caved.   The south was so slave dependent  for their economy.   

They knew they wouldn't have made it without the south so had to compromise.   
(06-19-2016, 04:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The aim was to free the slaves but to hold the union together they caved.   The south was so slave dependent  for their economy.   

Then the south went about rewriting laws to put blacks back to work for no pay.  For example forcing them into service after being arrested for...anything.

Also:  http://www.history.com/topics/black-history/black-codes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reason #1 is prexactly why I think wasting so much time arguing over their marriage ability is stupid. Let em have it and move on. Do what you want, just don't splash on me.

I also, for the life of me, can't figure out why religious people are so hung up on gays. If being gay is a sin, and God says we're all sinners, fix your own damn (different) sins.

This is coming from the son of two very religious people who got a new pastor at their church who rails on gays constantly and they are buying it. I'm going to have a sit down with em.

There is NO need to focus so much energy worrying about such a small percentage of the people who do not detriment society or infringe on your rights.
(06-19-2016, 12:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: Then the south went about rewriting laws to put blacks back to work for no pay.  For example forcing them into service after being arrested for...anything.

None of this has anything to do with the intent of the founding fathers.   Which is what this was about ....    

Colour me not shocker that you are moving the conversation off target to fit your needs.  
(06-19-2016, 01:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Colour me not shocker that you are moving the conversation off target to fit your needs.  

Sorry.... I'm terribly bored.

Whatever
(06-19-2016, 01:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: None of this has anything to do with the intent of the founding fathers.   Which is what this was about ....    

Colour me not shocker that you are moving the conversation off target to fit your needs.  

It does show that the founding documents didn't really help a group of people have equal rights. Hell, it took 200 years from the founding documents for that group to get equal rights in this country.  
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
(06-19-2016, 01:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: None of this has anything to do with the intent of the founding fathers.   Which is what this was about ....    

What?  The Founding Father's freed the slaves?

Please keep up....
(06-19-2016, 09:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: What?  The Founding Father's freed the slaves?

Please keep up....

There is nothing to continue with ....  They wanted to free the slaves but couldn't because if they did it would have forced the south to go their own way.  And the north couldn't afford that since the wealth was in the south. 

That is where it was for them... Slavery was kept going to keep the nation together 
Those who slave together, stays together!!!
(06-19-2016, 10:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is nothing to continue with ....  They wanted to free the slaves but couldn't because if they did it would have forced the south to go their own way.  And the north couldn't afford that since the wealth was in the south. 

That is where it was for them... Slavery was kept going to keep the nation together 

Well then that's settled.

Slavery is fine as long as there is money involved.

Shocked

Here I thought we were talking about when the slaves were suppose to be freed after the Civil War but the south made new laws to keep them in "legal" slavery.

But, hey, their economy depended on it!  So I guess you are OK with it.   ThumbsUp
(06-19-2016, 10:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well then that's settled.

Shocked

Here I thought we were talking about when the slaves were suppose to be freed after the Civil War but the south made new laws to keep them in "legal" slavery.

But, hey, their economy depended on it!  So I guess you are OK with it.   ThumbsUp

I find facts mean nothing to Lucie.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-19-2016, 10:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well then that's settled.

Shocked

Why would you be talking civil war when this discussion was on the founders?   

Oh right .... You decided to stretch it out because you didn't have a response about the founders.....    Nice job alinsky 
I always get a chuckle out of those that try to compare the plight of the African American to those of the gay and trans.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-19-2016, 11:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I always get a chuckle out of those that try to compare the plight of the African American to those of the gay and trans.

It's a joke.   Plus it belittles the black movement.  
(06-19-2016, 11:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I always get a chuckle out of those that try to compare the plight of the African American to those of the gay and trans.

I always get a chuckle out of people who say it is okay to deny people equal protection undrer the law as long as it not as bad as slavery.

It reminds me of the guys who used to say it was okay to hit a woman as long as you used an open hand...."I get a chuckle out of those who try to compare a punch in the face to a slap."
(06-20-2016, 12:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I always get a chuckle out of people who say it is okay to deny people equal protection undrer the law as long as it not as bad as slavery.

I would find that humorous as well. Who the hell ever said that?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-20-2016, 12:48 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I would find that humorous as well. Who the hell ever said that?

The people who claim that denying blacks equal protection under the law is somehow different from denying gays equal protection under the law.

Especially the ones who claim it is so different that they laugh at the comparison.
(06-19-2016, 11:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why would you be talking civil war when this discussion was on the founders?

Oh right .... You decided to stretch it out because you didn't have a response about the founders..... Nice job alinsky

Mellow

(06-18-2016, 11:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They already have equal rights.   It's in the founding documents 

(06-19-2016, 02:09 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Which is why slaves were kept for another century after those documents.

Equal rights my ass.

(06-19-2016, 04:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The aim was to free the slaves but to hold the union together they caved.   The south was so slave dependent  for their economy.   

(06-19-2016, 12:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: Then the south went about rewriting laws to put blacks back to work for no pay.  For example forcing them into service after being arrested for...anything.

The conversation moved from your laughable "thought" that the slave owning founding fathers wanted to free the slaves to how they were treated for another 200 years after that.

You sent it off track, you didn't keep up.

Please try harder.