Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Enlightening Facts About Gay And Trans People
(06-17-2016, 07:34 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The world is stacked against them. One anecdote aside, I've seen first hand how equal the world is to the black community. Even when they do everything right, it's been proven they make less than their white counterparts and get less opportunity.

So again I ask - how's that denial treating you?

Proven? You got any recent evidence to back up that claim or nah?
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(06-17-2016, 08:25 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Proven? You got any recent evidence to back up that claim or nah?

Plenty. You should look into it.

Because I'm not your babysitter or your teacher.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-17-2016, 08:35 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Plenty. You should look into it.

Because I'm not your babysitter or your teacher.

I knew that would be the response...

This ladies and gentleman is what we call a laughably weak argument. You can't make a claim and then tell someone asking for evidence to find it themselves. Well you can, but it makes your point look stupid. Don't say something is proven if you have no interest in providing the proof.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(06-17-2016, 03:01 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: So despite the bigotry and oppression they do remarkably well.  Hmmm.....

(06-17-2016, 04:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I was reading it, but once they started in on the insults to people with different views, then they proved that it is nothing more than a fluffy piece. Not only that, but almost every single one of their links points to a liberal bias media group or a blog, so I'm going to pull a Fred here and dismiss the entire article because of this.

(06-17-2016, 04:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, now that gays have achieved equality, do you think that they are apt for a letdown, of sorts?  I mean, all of those generations of striving for acceptance, all of the hard work just to prove they should be viewed as any other class of citizen.  Now that the battle has been won, and the struggle is over, now what?  Seems sort of anticlimactic.

(06-17-2016, 05:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Isn't a gay marriage more about an open relationship?  At least for men...  

It has always been the woman who settled the man down to have a family.  

(06-17-2016, 05:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Do bother any of us with fluff.   There is enough news that we don't need the top 10 reasons gays rule and normals drool.   

It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-17-2016, 09:16 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I knew that would be the response...

This ladies and gentleman is what we call a laughably weak argument. You can't make a claim and then tell someone asking for evidence to find it themselves. Well you can, but it makes your point look stupid. Don't say something is proven if you have no interest in providing the proof.

Oh it's not that I don't wanna prove my point. I just know you'll accuse any site I use as biased to the left or some other nonsense.

Plus I figured that was the way things work around here - say something and then don't back it up and then mock the people who demand answers.

I also don't care what the narrow minded racists who haunt this forum think.

Plus linking is hard from a mobile device.

But mostly the first 3 things.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-17-2016, 07:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, equal rights.  What an individual does after attaining those rights, is up to them.  They can choose to study in school, get a job, become a successful American;  Or they can claim the world is rigged against them, and support thug life and street cred, all while getting a check, courtesy of the workin' folk.  You know, because workin's for sukkas...

Which makes me curious to see how the gay community trends, after getting equal rights.

So gays and minorities are on perfectly equal footing because you declare them to be?  Oy, I posted a single study (there have been more) where blacks faced employment discrimination and it was buried in a pile of "Discrimination isn't real because I say so" posts.  Now we are talking about gays, who can still be fired for being gay in certain places mind you, and again equality has been declared for some reason.

In both cases we are talking about real empirical examples showing how being black/gay can negatively impact a person's ability to work and improve his/her life and both times we are just told to believe that everything is equal.  Hell, you went one better and not only declared that blacks have an equal shot at things, but they squander their equality in order to be lazy and blame it on someone else.  Harsh.

(06-17-2016, 09:16 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I knew that would be the response...

There is documented housing and job application bias in regards to black applicants and you can be fired in multiple states for "being gay" in the United States.  Please prove to me that these things, which are real and exist, are fake and I might begin to believe that being a straight, white male has done me zero favors. I posted a link to a recent study from Auburn on the application bias and it was ignored in favor of message board anecdotes and bs, which I deserve for debating politics on a message board, admittedly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-17-2016, 07:34 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The world is stacked against them. One anecdote aside, I've seen first hand how equal the world is to the black community. Even when they do everything right, it's been proven they make less than their white counterparts and get less opportunity.

So again I ask - how's that denial treating you?

Denial?  Pfft!

You do realize that we are talking about equal rights, in the legal sense of the term, right?  I'm not saying that there isn't bias that exists among EVERY race, or "minority delimiter", just saying that in the legal sense everyone has equal rights.

Again, Denial??  Pfft!  Try being a qualified White guy, only to be denied a position because a firm already has too many White guys..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
They missed a key enlightening fact about gays ..... Great decorating and paint colour selection.
(06-18-2016, 07:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They missed a key enlightening fact about gays .....   Great decorating and paint colour selection.

Because it's common knowledge and they take pride in that.
I LOVE to rent to gay people.
They really spruce up the property.
(06-18-2016, 06:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Denial?  Pfft!

You do realize that we are talking about equal rights, in the legal sense of the term, right?  I'm not saying that there isn't bias that exists among EVERY race, or "minority delimiter", just saying that in the legal sense everyone has equal rights.

Again, Denial??  Pfft!  Try being a qualified White guy, only to be denied a position because a firm already has too many White guys..

Maybe you were just a shit applicant and they said that so you wouldn't feel like a clown.

Legally they're supposed to be treated equal. But in reality, they don't. There are more than a fair share of studies proving it. Of course just as it's illegal to discriminate based on race, which means all the employer/lender/cop has to do is come up with a bullshit legal reason officially. Just because it says 'clown shoes' doesn't mean 'darkie Muslim **** boi'.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-18-2016, 07:37 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Because it's common knowledge and they take pride in that.
I LOVE to rent to gay people.
They really spruce up the property.

Exactly I love to find me a couple gay dudes to be tenants.    

So again explain why gays need extra rights?   
(06-18-2016, 09:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Exactly I love to find me a couple gay dudes to be tenants.    

Mellow

(06-16-2016, 02:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If someone won't hire you because of (insert protected class) do you think that is going positive work environment if they are forced to hire someone they didn't want in the first place?   

Would you like to work at a job you weren't really wanted or would you rather an employer be excited to hire you?   Where do you think you will progress further?   Why should people be forced to not know if they were hired because they were wanted or if their employer was just afraid of a lawsuit?  

Do I think every employer doesn't discriminate?  No of course not....  Everyone has their own taste in employees.    But if I was working I wouldn't want to be saddled with a boss who didn't want me.   There is no place to progress in a job like that..  So why should anyone have to deal with that stuff?  Better to be told they didn't get the job so they can find the best fit. 

(06-16-2016, 02:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would love to hire a gay guy.   But it wouldn't be one of these Flamers or one of these pretenders.   

Can't imagine.

Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-18-2016, 09:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Can't imagine.

Cool

Rep rep rep. Some people can't even keep their story 'straight'.  See my analysis above. 
(06-17-2016, 04:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I was reading it, but once they started in on the insults to people with different views, then they proved that it is nothing more than a fluffy piece. Not only that, but almost every single one of their links points to a liberal bias media group or a blog, so I'm going to pull a Fred here and dismiss the entire article because of this.

You have me confused with Bfine.

I am the one alwasy comdemning people for dismissing anargument based onkly on the soiurce.  I ALWAYS address the substance.  Bfine is the one who refuses to even look at facts and just claim that any source from the "other side" is automatically wrong.
(06-18-2016, 09:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  

Treating everyone equally is not giving them "extra" rights.
(06-17-2016, 03:01 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: So despite the bigotry and oppression they do remarkably well.  Hmmm.....

So maybe that measn bigotry and oppression is okay.   Hmmmm....
(06-18-2016, 10:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So maybe that measn bigotry and oppression is okay.   Hmmmm....

...or overstated
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-17-2016, 04:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:  Now that the battle has been won, and the struggle is over, now what?  Seems sort of anticlimactic.

You call this "victory"?

[Image: ls.jpg]

[Image: NoGaysSign.jpg]

[Image: no+gays+allowed+sign+2.jpg]

[Image: queers.jpg]
(06-17-2016, 07:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, equal rights.  What an individual does after attaining those rights, is up to them.  They can choose to study in school, get a job, become a successful American;  Or they can claim the world is rigged against them, and support thug life and street cred, all while getting a check, courtesy of the workin' folk.  You know, because workin's for sukkas...

Which makes me curious to see how the gay community trends, after getting equal rights.

Yeah, right, because it is IMPOSSIBLE for any racism at the hands of the white folk to exist after the Civl Rights Act was passed.  It was clearly impossible for any white people who held all the power and control to do anything to suppress the advancement of black people once they obtained "equal rights".  Clearly theonly reason it took another 40 years for a black person to be admitted to places like Augusta National was because all black people are just street thugs.  And today onkly 9% of head coaches in college football are balck because all black people are on welfare.

Yep, anyone who claims that racism existed after 1968 is just a lazy, good-for-nothing criminal.  White people couldn't possibly have maintained a disproportionate percentage of the power and wealth in this country because they had the means to do so.  nstead they just did it becaue they are all so naturally superior to those lazy criminal negroes.
(06-18-2016, 10:46 PM)Wfredtoast Wrote: Treating everyone equally is not giving them "extra" rights.

They already have equal rights.   It's in the founding documents