Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
10-year-old rape victim denied abortion in OH
(07-07-2022, 02:04 AM)Lucidus Wrote: You didn't address the actual question.

Should any group of people who possess a set of beliefs be given serious consideration and allowed substantial influence in the legislative process as long they have faith their beliefs are true?

Oh I see what you mean. I don’t know. Be allowed by whom? Who did you have in mind?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 10:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But your examples weren’t just American Christians. How do you think Islam became the predominant religion across Northern Africa and the Middle East?

The same way all Abrahamic religions gained power - creating oceans of blood and oppression.

But I don't give a flying **** about the Middle East. We got enough problems over here with religious zealots trying to control everything.

One can't help the world when they're own house is on fire.
Reply/Quote
Back to the original point of this thread, I have a question. (It's really a question, because I haven't been following it) Do we have any proof that this ten year old girl needing an abortion even exists, outside of abortion provider who's pissed about the ruling saying she does?
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 08:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Back to the original point of this thread, I have a question. (It's really a question, because I haven't been following it) Do we have any proof that this ten year old girl needing an abortion even exists, outside of abortion provider who's pissed about the ruling saying she does?

Someone will probably release that info so people can send the family death threats for creating another false flag hoax. 

I've got my conspiracies figured out for this one.  It's either a fake case made up by the liberal media to make overturning roe v wade look like a bad idea OR a 10 year old girl really was raped and impregnated but Hillary Clinton and Tom Hank's were behind it all. 
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 08:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Back to the original point of this thread, I have a question. (It's really a question, because I haven't been following it) Do we have any proof that this ten year old girl needing an abortion even exists, outside of abortion provider who's pissed about the ruling saying she does?

I haven't seen any, and I don't suspect that we will. She's far too young to have any information released about her, unless it is leaked somehow. I don't believe it is a far fetched story, though, in the sense of it can and does happen. I guess, I choose to believe it because I would have to make some serious assumptions to not believe it I.E. this is a hoax created for political gain.
Reply/Quote

Isn't that the whole point of patient/doctor confidentiality?
Reply/Quote

Let's say it is not true for some reason...and?

The story points out the folly of "Banning abortions" with no exceptions because in that scenario that is exactly what would happen.

But then there are states saying you can replant an ectopic pregnancy so I don't expect they actually understand anything about a woman's body at all.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Or maybe this stuff happens more than you realize. Now that she has to go somewhere else to get an abortion because of Roe vs Wade being overturned, of course you are gonna hear about it. These are stories we need to hear as reminders. Could it be that the story isn't true? Yes. But this stuff does happen, unfortunately. AND it's not an isolated incident. My old neighbor had a similar thing happen (molestation) years ago. I'm glad they had a say in the matter. 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
Y'all are worried that a 10 year old may or may not have had to jump states to abort her rape reminder, wait until the bodies of 10 year olds start piling up because they couldn't jump states.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 10:33 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Y'all are worried that a 10 year old may or may not have had to jump states to abort her rape reminder, wait until the bodies of 10 year olds start piling up because they couldn't jump states.

I'm not sure the party that downplays shooting and covid deaths is going to suddenly care about bodies piling up even if it happens. 

If your daughter dies because of this Alex Jones and MTG will just convince people you took a sizable payout from George Soros to pretend she is dead in order to further a liberal agenda. 
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 10:41 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure the party that downplays shooting and covid deaths is going to suddenly care about bodies piling up even if it happens. 

If your daughter dies because of this Alex Jones and MTG will just convince people you took a sizable payout from George Soros to pretend she is dead in order to further a liberal agenda. 

Fair.

Horrifyingly accurate, but fair.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 09:22 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I haven't seen any, and I don't suspect that we will. She's far too young to have any information released about her, unless it is leaked somehow. I don't believe it is a far fetched story, though, in the sense of it can and does happen. I guess, I choose to believe it because I would have to make some serious assumptions to not believe it I.E. this is a hoax created for political gain.

It was made by an abortion provider, who just got put out of business. I'm not saying it's not true, but she would have plenty of reason ($$$) to make the whole thing up
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 10:41 AM)Nately120 Wrote:
I'm not sure the party that downplays shooting and covid deaths is going to suddenly care about bodies piling up even if it happens. 

What about the party that ignores the deaths at the border and the deaths from the Fentanyl coming in across those borders? 100,000 last year from fentanyl alone.  What about the party wanting to change the Constitution over the 4 or 5 deaths in a Chicago suburb on the 4th, and yet totally ignores the 60+ people who were shot IN Chicago over that same weekend?  There's a lot of "whatabouts" we could play....
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 01:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What about the party that ignores the deaths at the border and the deaths from the Fentanyl coming in across those borders? 100,000 last year from fentanyl alone.  What about the party wanting to change the Constitution over the 4 or 5 deaths in a Chicago suburb on the 4th, and yet totally ignores the 60+ people who were shot IN Chicago over that same weekend?  There's a lot of "whatabouts" we could play....

How are liberals ignoring this?  One is the failure of our draconian immigration and drug enforcement systems and the other is rampant gun violence. 

But i guess you made my point.  Conservatives won't care about girls like this one unless they got raped at the border.  
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 10:33 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Y'all are worried that a 10 year old may or may not have had to jump states to abort her rape reminder, wait until the bodies of 10 year olds start piling up because they couldn't jump states.

Anywho, your answer is above I guess.  People are going to say "X amount of women have died preventable deaths due to the ciminalization of all abortions" and convervatives are going to say "But what about all the people who died in Chicaaaaaaaaagoooo?  What about the booooorrrrrrderrrrr?!"

I'd wager over 90% of Americans will spend their entire lives without ever being at the border or in Chicago (and anyone at the border or in Chicago is free to leave those deathspots), yet as long as bad things happen in those places, we need not concern ourselves with other deaths.  We simply can't care that much.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 02:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How are liberals ignoring this?  One is the failure of our draconian immigration and drug enforcement systems and the other is rampant gun violence. 

But i guess you made my point.  Conservatives won't care about girls like this one unless they got raped at the border.  

We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas! - Conservatives, pretty much all the time about any policy.

And before someone starts boo-hooing about how the wall got killed, that was already proven to be ineffective and a gigantic scam so save it.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 02:31 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: And before someone starts boo-hooing about how the wall got killed, that was already proven to be ineffective and a gigantic scam so save it.

Well, Sled did admit that people lie for $$$, so maybe just maaaaaaaaaybe that whole border wall thing falls under that category.  

Well I don't want to derail things with my negativity so back to "funny uncles" filling little girls with "unwanted miracles." 
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 02:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How are liberals ignoring this?  One is the failure of our draconian immigration and drug enforcement systems and the other is rampant gun violence. 

Well see they never codified it into law so they never really cared.  

republicans never passed a law to ban it either...but they still really cared.

gop logic!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 02:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well see they never codified it into law so they never really cared.  

republicans never passed a law to ban it either...but they still really cared.

gop logic!

I'm not even commenting on abortion so much as pointing out that waiting for stats and deaths and other negative impacts this could have on women to change the minds of conservatives is a fool's errand. And don't get me wrong...I'm a dumbass, but I ain't THAT kinda dumbass.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 02:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, Sled did admit that people lie for $$$, so maybe just maaaaaaaaaybe that whole border wall thing falls under that category.  

Well I don't want to derail things with my negativity so back to "funny uncles" filling little girls with "unwanted miracles." 

I'm pretty sure there isn't a maybe about it, given that the whole thing was found to be 100% a scam.

Maybe like 99% a scam; they did build what, 20 miles of chain link fence in 4 years.
Reply/Quote