Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(10-21-2018, 07:30 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: So a gust of wind also knocks out your own team's player? That's good to know.  :andy:

First of all he collided helmet to helmet with Brown. Second of all. What? You really need to rethink your argument there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 07:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Is that your standard?

There was a penalty for the hit, so I stand corrected. I thought it was for the taunt afterwards but I guess not. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 07:35 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: There was a penalty for the hit, so I stand corrected. I thought it was for the taunt afterwards but I guess not. 

Doesn’t matter. I’m not one who says there has to be a penalty to get in trouble. But I do think you have to break a rule.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 05:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...is this thread anything like a 401k? Will it benefit me, somehow?

You have to have a job to use a 401k so no.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 07:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: First of all he collided helmet to helmet with Brown. Second of all.  What?  You really need to rethink your argument there.

He lowered his head trying to make a helmet to helmet hit on Brown, but missed and got his own team mate. He wasn't just a gust of wind on Brown, was the point I was making. You missed it. I tried to be as obvious about it as I could but I forgot I'm arguing with Bengals fans so I have to break out the crayons because I'm "rolling" out of ways to help you understand your hypocrisy.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 07:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t care if he did. Play was ongoing and he barely brushed his head. You can drive your shoulder right into the guys forehead once he’s not a protected player. Going down isn’t down so regardless of what someone seems his intention, he violated no rules.

Come on, you're a better poster than that. You're not Brad or some of those other jokers on the JN. He was wrapped up by two players, his progress was stopped, he was on his way down and Burfict came in with a lowered shoulder toward his head. He could've pulled up. He had plenty of time. He didn't and only caught ABs shoulder first, then his head, then more solidly Bates forehead. The intent was there and it's obvious. It was stupid for any player let alone VB who's got a giant target on his back AND a history. Well, because of his history.

At least be honest and admit the obvious. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 07:39 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: He lowered his head trying to make a helmet to helmet hit on Brown, but missed and got his own team mate. He wasn't just a gust of wind on Brown, was the point I was making. You missed it. I tried to be as obvious about it as I could but I forgot I'm arguing with Bengals fans so I have to break out the crayons because I'm "rolling" out of ways to help you understand your hypocrisy.

His head? His head came nowhere near him. But if he didn’t hit him with the crown that too would be legal. And you can graze one object and forcibly his a second object, but I like how you continue to ignore the guys collision with Brown as the probable cause of his injury because Burfict.

Geeze I kinda thought I was a reasonable Bengal fan as is evidenced throughout this forum.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 07:41 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Come on, you're a better poster than that. You're not Brad or some of those other jokers on the JN. He was wrapped up by two players, his progress was stopped, he was on his way down and Burfict came in with a lowered shoulder toward his head. He could've pulled up. He had plenty of time. He didn't and only caught ABs shoulder first, then his head, then more solidly Bates forehead. The intent was there and it's obvious. It was stupid for any player let alone VB who's got a giant target on his back AND a history. Well, because of his history.

At least be honest and admit the obvious. 

That doesn’t make it illegal. That’s all I’m saying.

Reply/Quote
I’ll add, I wish we could go on intention. You can make that play illegal and not flag all the penalties where someone grazes a QBs helmet or hits helmet to helmet because a WR ducks. I’d gladly make that trade.

Reply/Quote
And while I’m at it, why does Dak Prescott have a Chunky soup commercial? He had like 8 good games with an all star line and a RB tearing it up 2 years ago. ( I realize this may be off topic a little bit)

This comment was made before he fumbled in his own end zone. Sorry about the jinx, Dak.

And is anyone else riveted by the chick in green’s boobs in the Verizon commercial?

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 07:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Doesn’t matter. I’m not one who says there has to be a penalty to get in trouble. But I do think you have to break a rule.

(10-21-2018, 07:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That doesn’t make it illegal. That’s all I’m saying.

He did.

Rule 12 Section 2 Article 6(b) 
Unnecessary Roughness

running, diving into, or throwing the body against or on a runner whose forward progress has been stopped, who has slid feet first, or who has declared himself down by going to the ground untouched and has made no attempt to advance (see 7- 2-1-a, d);
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 07:57 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: He did.

Rule 12 Section 2 Article 6(b) 
Unnecessary Roughness

running, diving into, or throwing the body against or on a runner whose forward progress has been stopped, who has slid feet first, or who has declared himself down by going to the ground untouched and has made no attempt to advance (see 7- 2-1-a, d);

Forward progress before a whistle? Never seen that called once. People constantly his people who are stopped but not down before the whistle. Turn on any game and see how long it takes to see someone hit someone on their way to the ground. Tackled not sliding.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 07:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: His head?  His head came nowhere near him.  But if he didn’t hit him with the crown that too would be legal. And  you can graze one object and forcibly his a second object, but I like how you continue to ignore the guys collision with Brown as the probable cause of his injury because Burfict.

Geeze I kinda thought I was a reasonable Bengal fan as is evidenced throughout this forum.

Right before he hits Browns, you can clearly see Burfict lowering his head. Just because he didn't hit Brown with his head, doesn't mean he wasn't trying to. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 08:11 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Right before he hits Browns, you can clearly see Burfict lowering his head. Just because he didn't hit Brown with his head, doesn't mean he wasn't trying to. 

And? Say you are 100% correct. If he doesn’t hit with the crown it’s legal, and trying and missing isn’t a violation.

Nothing on the chick in green?

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 08:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And?  Say you are 100% correct. If he doesn’t hit with the crown it’s legal, and trying and missing isn’t a violation.

Nothing on the chick in green?

It's unnecessary roughness though which means it's not legal. Brown wasn't going anywhere. He didn't need to take that cheap shot. I guarantee you if he was a Steelers, the Bengals would be saying it was a cheap shot and should be suspended. It's a double standard.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 08:24 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: It's unnecessary roughness though which means it's not legal. Brown wasn't going anywhere. He didn't need to take that cheap shot. I guarantee you if he was a Steelers, the Bengals would be saying it was a cheap shot and should be suspended. It's a double standard.

Oh please. Again watch any game and count how many times a guy is hit going to the ground. You cant get out of your head that it was in the area of the head which doesn’t matter.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 07:38 PM)6andcounting Wrote: You have to have a job to use a 401k so no.

This coming from someone that can’t count to 7.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 08:24 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: It's unnecessary roughness though which means it's not legal. Brown wasn't going anywhere. He didn't need to take that cheap shot. I guarantee you if he was a Steelers, the Bengals would be saying it was a cheap shot and should be suspended. It's a double standard.

Cry

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 08:11 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Right before he hits Browns, you can clearly see Burfict lowering his head. Just because he didn't hit Brown with his head, doesn't mean he wasn't trying to. 

Cry

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 08:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh please. Again watch any game and count how many times a guy is hit going to the ground. You cant get out of your head that it was in the area of the head which doesn’t matter.

So, just because people do it doesn't mean it's legal. People hold on plays and get away with it and it doesn't make it legal.
Reply/Quote