Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12 Russian intelligence officers indicted for hacking into DNC, Clinton campaign
(07-13-2018, 07:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It would have to depend on the context of the messages and the positions held by the parties. Tell your friend we need a little more info, but generally speaking an insider threat is more dangerous than an outsider threat. 

Yikes. So an American sharing political beliefs with a lover is more of a threat than a foreign country's ongoing attack on our political system. 

Check, i guess. 

I would have gotten that one wrong on the citizenship test. Glad i dont have to take that
(07-13-2018, 07:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It would have to depend on the context of the messages and the positions held by the parties. Tell your friend we need a little more info, but generally speaking an insider threat is more dangerous than an outsider threat. 

So you would rather let a foreign government control our elections than US citizens?

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.   Rolleyes
(07-13-2018, 06:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: DNC cheats for Hillary: It's OK the DNC is a private organization

DNC hacked by Russia: This is huge and tears at the very fabric of out electoral process.

Individual damages his own property.  No crime.

Another person damages his property.  Criminal offense.
(07-13-2018, 06:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: DNC cheats for Hillary: It's OK the DNC is a private organization

DNC hacked by Russia: This is huge and tears at the very fabric of out electoral process.

DNC = voluntary group, comprised of American citizens.
Russia = No voluntary American citizens.

I understand not liking liberals, but choosing a foreign country over them seems along the lines “if you don’t like the country, get out” but in reverse. If you don’t like the country, do what Russia tells you!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-13-2018, 04:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: WTS< I hope POTUS brings Putin to task over it.

Good luck with that.  All he is going to do is apologize to Putin for the way the media is treating him in America.

In 2017 Trump mocked the notion of Russian meddling, calling the allegations as made-up to explain Hillary Clinton's loss in the presidential elections.

"The Russia story is a total fabrication," he said. "It is just an excuse for the greatest loss in the history of American politics. That's all it is." 

After meeting with the Russian president in July, Trump told Reuters that he asked the Russian leader outright whether Moscow had interfered in the 2016 presidential election.

"I said, 'Did you do it?' He said, 'No, I did not, absolutely not.' I then asked him a second time, in a totally different way. He said, 'Absolutely not.'" 

“Every time he sees me he says, ‘I didn’t do that,’ and I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it,” Trump said, the BBC reported.

“I think he is very insulted by it,” he added, “which is not a good thing for our country.”
(07-13-2018, 07:57 PM)Benton Wrote: DNC = voluntary group, comprised of American citizens.
Russia = No voluntary American citizens.

I understand not liking liberals, but choosing a foreign country over them seems along the lines “if you don’t like the country, get out” but in reverse. If you don’t like the country, do what Russia tells you!

Russians didn't tell me to do anything. How about you? Nor am I sure where I chose Russia over anyone. Let me ask you an honest question. Do you think folks are looking at the DNC's role similarly in these 2 situations? 

Furthermore which do you consider a more dangerous threat: An inside threat or an outside threat? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-13-2018, 07:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Individual damages his own property.  No crime.

Another person damages his property.  Criminal offense.

Are you suggesting Bernie Sanders was property of the DNC?

Trump supporters should be happy the DNC pulled for Hillary Clinton to win.  Her being the candidate is their go to for the reason Trump won when it's pointed out he's an awful person with no policies.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Hacking is a crime, no matter who the target was. A private organization tipping the scales during its internal process is not necessarily a crime. Both were shitty things that were intended to disrupt the democratic process and create a desired outcome, but only one was illegal.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-13-2018, 08:38 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Hacking is a crime, no matter who the target was. A private organization tipping the scales during its internal process is not necessarily a crime. Both were shitty things that were intended to disrupt the democratic process and create a desired outcome, but only one was illegal.

Fair assessment; although one can only assume what the desired outcome of the Russians were; we know without a doubt what the DNC's desired outcome was.  

(07-13-2018, 08:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fair assessment; although one can only assume what the desired outcome of the Russians were; we know without a doubt what the DNC's desired outcome was.  

Which is why I don't state what the desired outcome was. Whether it was a pro-Trump outcome, an anti-Clinton outcome, or just to sow chaos and further divide our country, we can't be certain (though the USIC and the Senate Intelligence Committee has stated it was intended to get Trump elected). Regardless, whatever the desired outcome they intended to disrupt the democratic process in this country.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-13-2018, 08:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Furthermore which do you consider a more dangerous threat: An inside threat or an outside threat? 

I don't know about Benton, but I think a threat from a foreign country to control our government is MUCH worse than from other US citizens.
(07-13-2018, 08:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you suggesting Bernie Sanders was property of the DNC?

No.  It is a figure of speech called a "metaphor".  I learned about them in 7th grade.
(07-13-2018, 09:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  It is a figure of speech called a "metaphor".  I learned about them in 7th grade.

That is too funny. 

(07-13-2018, 09:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know about Benton, but I think a threat from a foreign country to control our government is MUCH worse than from other US citizens.

Benton is probably glad you don't speak for him because that is absolutely silly. The insider threat is much more dangerous. 

BTW, is "a threat from a foreign country to control our government" one of those metaphors

(07-13-2018, 08:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Which is why I don't state what the desired outcome was. Whether it was a pro-Trump outcome, an anti-Clinton outcome, or just to sow chaos and further divide our country, we can't be certain (though the USIC and the Senate Intelligence Committee has stated it was intended to get Trump elected). Regardless, whatever the desired outcome they intended to disrupt the democratic process in this country.

Of course you didn't, nor were you accused. If asked I would say it was to show the world that they can. I see no advantage to Russia having Trump in the WH over Hills. Hell it wasn't that long ago that a bad thing about Trump ws he was going to get us in a war with Russia. Folks just sorta go whichever way the wind blows. 

(07-13-2018, 07:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you would rather let a foreign government control our elections than US citizens?

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.   Rolleyes

Is that one of those metaphors? 

(07-13-2018, 09:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you didn't, nor were you accused. If asked I would say it was to show the world that they can. I see no advantage to Russia having Trump in the WH over Hills. Hell it wasn't that long ago that a bad thing about Trump ws he was going to get us in a war with Russia. Folks just sorta go whichever way the wind blows. 

Eh, Ukraine was the testing ground for their methods. They already knew that Russia could do this over across the Atlantic, we just weren't paying enough attention. I'm of the opinion it was more about the anti-Clinton bent. Putin despises Clinton, and so I believe that was more the focus than anything.

(07-13-2018, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is that one of those metaphors? 

No.  That is not a metaphor.  Where in that comment do you see a term or phrase applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance? 
(07-13-2018, 09:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  That is not a metaphor.  Where in that comment do you see a term or phrase applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance? 

Russia "controlling" our government.