Poll: What would make you happen prior or during draft with Tee?
This poll is closed.
Nothing - keep him on tag
20.00%
17 20.00%
Trade him for a draft pcik
50.59%
43 50.59%
Sign him to long term contract
16.47%
14 16.47%
I don't care, sick of discussing Tee
12.94%
11 12.94%
Total 85 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
15 Days Prior to the draft. I would like Tee Higgins -
What do you want to happen to Tee as draft approaches?

Vote
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I went with trade for draft capital. We don't need a guy here on the franchise tag playing "careful" as to not get injured. Spend one of those picks on a new WR and roll on.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 01:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I went with trade for draft capital. We don't need a guy here on the franchise tag playing "careful" as to not get injured. Spend one of those picks on a new WR and roll on.

Exactly, especially since he'd leave in a year or two and we wouldn't get anything for him.

Trade him to the Pats for pick 35(?) because they need a proven receiver.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 01:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I went with trade for draft capital. We don't need a guy here on the franchise tag playing "careful" as to not get injured. Spend one of those picks on a new WR and roll on.

No evidence to say Tee would do that, I don't think he's that kind of player, and he cannot afford to do that because if he wants #1 money next year, he has to put up good numbers this year. 
Reply/Quote
Do what is best for the team and Tee, trade him for a somewhat high Draft pick so he can try and be a #1 and we can look to
the future of the Cincinnati Bengals. With say an early 2nd round pick which I think is the most likely we can add possibly a Tee
replacement or even go with one at 18 in a guy like Brian Thomas Jr or Adonai Mitchell or someone else, maybe even Bowers if
somehow he fell.

We would be freeing up 22 mil while looking to the future and Tee gets his chance.
Reply/Quote
Give me a Draft pick and lets move on. We already saw what a contract year looks like
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 01:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No evidence to say Tee would do that, I don't think he's that kind of player, and he cannot afford to do that because if he wants #1 money next year, he has to put up good numbers this year. 

This was my line of thinking when I voted to tag him. If he dogs it during the season, his value won't be worth much. 

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 01:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No evidence to say Tee would do that, I don't think he's that kind of player, and he cannot afford to do that because if he wants #1 money next year, he has to put up good numbers this year. 

He was in a Contract year last year and looked like he didnt want to be here to start the season  from my eyes
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 01:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He was in a Contract year last year and looked like he didnt want to be here to start the season  from my eyes

You mean when he was playing with a hobbled QB? Nobody looked good to start the season
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 01:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You mean when he was playing with a hobbled QB? Nobody looked good to start the season

when your dropping balls hitting you in the hands if not on the QB.

Like i said this is my opinion based on my observations  ready to  move on
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 01:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: when your dropping balls hitting you in the hands if not on the QB.

Like i said this is my opinion based on my observations  ready to  move on

Higgins dropping balls..... Boyd dropping balls..... maybe there's a common denominator somewhere Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 01:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Higgins dropping balls..... Boyd dropping balls..... maybe there's a common denominator somewhere Ninja

Xeno's point stands IMO.
Reply/Quote
If we're not gonna make this Miami Heat-like trade for Justin Jefferson, I'd just as soon roll with Tee this year. Who are we freeing up this 22 million for anyway?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 02:02 PM)jason Wrote: If we're not gonna make this  Miami Heat-like trade for Justin Jefferson, I'd just as soon roll with Tee this year. Who are we freeing up this 22 million for anyway?

Ja'Marr Chase?
Reply/Quote
My guess is he isn't going to be traded now or during the draft or after.   He'll play on the tag this year and then will be off to another team next year.  It actually makes sense for him to play on the tag here for a few reasons.  One he gets paid basically top WR money.  Two he will again be playing across Chase so he benefits from Chase taking a lot of the defense attention.  Three it gives him another chance to showcase his skills.  With Boyd gone from the big three it gives him another chance to step up and display his value.  After the tag he's looking at signing the largest contract of his career (second franchise tags are rare so I doubt Bengals would tag him next year). So he has everything to prove while playing with a top QB  this year that gives him the best opportunity to earn that next big contract wherever that may be.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
If the vote was for what I think will happen ? I'd say they'll keep him on the tag.

If the vote was for what I'd like to see happen ? I would like to see us retain Tee at high end #2 money. Highly doubt that happens.

What would probably be best for the team long term is to go ahead and trade Tee for higher draft pick and move on.
Reply/Quote
I was on the "keep Tee train" until he asked to be traded and then listed QBs of other teams he would like to play for. (Yes, he included Burrow, but still went on to list other QBs.) I am now on the "trade TEE for draft picks train."
Reply/Quote
Trade him for a pick(s).

By the numbers, he is very replaceable.

He does not want to be here under the Bengals terms.

one or two impact starters could be had for his 21 million cap number.

The draft pick(s) received could be used for his replacement and/or depth.

I have a hard time understanding why people want to keep him aside from nostalgia.
Reply/Quote
I voted for draft capital. While I think the bengals best chance to win the superbowl is with tee, my vote is more geared on the team overall. I don’t see where the bengals can afford to have so much locked into 3 dudes and this gives them the chance to draft a replacement that is cheaper while addressing other areas and gearing up for chase’s extension
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 02:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If the vote was for what I think will happen ? I'd say they'll keep him on the tag.

If the vote was for what I'd like to see happen ? I would like to see us retain Tee at high end #2 money. Highly doubt that happens.

What would probably be best for the team long term is to go ahead and trade Tee for higher draft pick and move on.

Spot on in every way. Mellow

(04-10-2024, 03:01 PM)Nepa Wrote: I was on the "keep Tee train" until he asked to be traded and then listed QBs of other teams he would like to play for. (Yes, he included Burrow, but still went on to list other QBs.) I am now on the "trade TEE for draft picks train."

Didn't know Tee listed other QB's he would like to play for...

(04-10-2024, 03:02 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Trade him for a pick(s).

By the numbers, he is very replaceable.

He does not want to be here under the Bengals terms.

one or two impact starters could be had for his 21 million cap number.

The draft pick(s) received could be used for his replacement and/or depth.

I have a hard time understanding why people want to keep him aside from nostalgia.

Yep, I loved Tee before last season and wanted him here while others like TLL were wanting us to trade him before last season.

He was right and I was a year late go figure. Tee played pretty poorly by his and everyone's standards and was banged up in a contract 
year as Xeno said. Time to move on to players who will be here in the future and wish Tee the best wherever he may go except when 
playing us IMO.
Reply/Quote