Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1st Post-Orlando Brown Hot Take... Jonah...
Move Jonah to LG where his shorter arms wont be an issue and he could be a mainstay for a few more years here.

Brown, Jonah, Karras, Cappa ..... not bad...

RT? I have no earthly idea, but I wouldnt cut LC, he doesnt cost any money if he isnt playing and he can absolutely back up both tackles and both guards.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Move Jonah to LG where his shorter arms wont be an issue and he could be a mainstay for a few more years here.

RT?  I have no earthly idea, but I wouldnt cut LC, he doesnt cost any money if he isnt playing and he can absolutely back up both tackles and both guards.

Agreed. Also, remember LC has some experience at guard. We have no backup guards at the moment. 

OT: Brown, J. Williams, Collins, Carman, Adeniji, Smith 
OG: Cappa, Volson 
C: Karras, T. Hill 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Move Jonah to LG where his shorter arms wont be an issue and he could be a mainstay for a few more years here.

RT?  I have no earthly idea, but I wouldnt cut LC, he doesnt cost any money if he isnt playing and he can absolutely back up both tackles and both guards.

Still in shock, but Jonah will have to get on board with whatever we do.  If he buys into a move, I'm all for moving to LG if it helps them win a ring.  Sounds like you'd go to camp in that scenario with either Carman at RT until Collins is ready, or maybe a cheap fringe RT is still sitting there in a week.  
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:04 AM)phil413 Wrote: Still in shock, but Jonah will have to get on board with whatever we do.  If he buys into a move, I'm all for moving to LG if it helps them win a ring.  Sounds like you'd go to camp in that scenario with either Carman at RT until Collins is ready, or maybe a cheap fringe RT is still sitting there in a week.  

Does it matter?  Jonah no wanna play another position?  Duke no wanna pay 12.3M....   Jonah could be a LG for many many years. In my humble opinion.

Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.webp]

Reply/Quote
Whyvwould we move JW to LG and stunt the HOF career of Cordell Volson?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Whyvwould we move JW to LG and stunt the HOF career of Cordell Volson?

There it is.... 

Reply/Quote

My first thought also. Jonah should be ready by training camp, but if not Volson can fill in. JC needs to do as well at RT as he did at LT, if so he could be an upgrade over Collins. Collins once healthy could be our swing tackle/guard.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Im all for Jonah to Left Guard and it would probably be an easier transition for him than to RT.... but Bears still need a tackle and they have an extra second round pick.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:07 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Does it matter?  Jonah no wanna play another position?  Duke no wanna pay 12.3M....   Jonah could be a LG for many many years. In my humble opinion.

I don't disagree, it could be a win/win for both parties.  A lot of ifs here, but Jonah could be a stud LG and if LC is healthy, this could be a stellar line.  
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:07 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Does it matter?  Jonah no wanna play another position?  Duke no wanna pay 12.3M....   Jonah could be a LG for many many years. In my humble opinion.

Well I think you try everything you can.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

RT? I have no earthly idea, but I wouldnt cut LC, he doesnt cost any money if he isnt playing and he can absolutely back up both tackles and both guards.

But I think they are done with Collins. If he can get healthy and freaking practice it could change. Him not ever practicing was a huge sore spot. It’s a bad look.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I don’t know if Williams can anchor against 320lb Dt’s I think RT is the better spot.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Instead of experimenting with Jonah at LG or RT and spending 12.6 million to do it, I would trade Jonah if I could and use that money to get someone who is proven at RT.

Let Carman backup Brown at LT and Volson at LG. or Perhaps give Carman another shot at LG
Reply/Quote
Jonah is a better tackle than LC

Put LC at LG whenever he gets healthy and they don’t cut him
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:49 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Jonah is a better tackle than LC

Put LC at LG whenever he gets healthy and they don’t cut him

That's what i'm thnking.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Whyvwould we move JW to LG and stunt the HOF career of Cordell Volson?

I would love nothing more than to see Volson beat out Jonah to earn the LG starting role again.  Training camp will be interesting for our O-line to say the least. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Whyvwould we move JW to LG and stunt the MID career of Cordell Volson?

Wanted to fix that for you.

It's a worthwhile experiment if Volson is truly a low-ceiling type player.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:50 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: That's what i'm thnking.

When did you start doing this?

Reply/Quote
Does anyone else think signing Brown might help us land other FAs?

One never knows, but iur chances of winning it all just got significantly better (knock on wood) with Brown in the fold.
Reply/Quote