Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1st Post-Orlando Brown Hot Take... Jonah...
(03-16-2023, 01:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not to mention very insulting to our D-line, linebackers and corners who are all still here. You'd think we lost them all.....

lets insult them.  they were 26th against the run.  and 10th against the pass.  take bell and bates away and add guys who arent as good as they are and where does that put you? suddenly youre 26th against the run and 15-20th against the pass?  that average.  so yeah. those 2 do hurt.  
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 07:12 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: lets insult them.  they were 26th against the run.  and 10th against the pass.  take bell and bates away and add guys who arent as good as they are and where does that put you? suddenly youre 26th against the run and 15-20th against the pass?  that average.  so yeah. those 2 do hurt.  

any bengals fan with a working brain knows the defense is better than what the numbers indicate

when DJ Reader is healthy, the bengals are one of the toughest teams to run on
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 04:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Jonah gets pushed around by Ends, imagine him going against NT's and 3-techs...

RT or trade are my thoughts about Jonah after the Brown addition.

I’ve hoped for a trade since seeing Carman handle LT well with the lights on bright. Now with Brown there is just one position battle, RT and Adeniji is packing his bags. Williams or Carman? Training camp. Get a mid round guard in the draft, a guard like Cody Ford and the revamped line is complete. Never again the Bengals opening offensive sequences of the AFC Championship game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 07:18 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: I’ve hoped for a trade since seeing Carman handle LT well with the lights on bright. Now with Brown there is just one position battle, RT and Adeniji is packing his bags. Williams or Carman?  Training camp. Get a mid round guard in the draft, a guard like  Cody Ford and the revamped line is complete. Never again the Bengals opening offensive sequences of the AFC Championship game.

Carmen looked good, but he also still graded lower with his very few 159 snaps than Jonah did with his 1,100......

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 07:12 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: lets insult them.  they were 26th against the run.  and 10th against the pass.  take bell and bates away and add guys who arent as good as they are and where does that put you? suddenly youre 26th against the run and 15-20th against the pass?  that average.  so yeah. those 2 do hurt.  

Losing good vets usually has an impact, but your statements are extremely amateur.ish This defense is not giving up 30 per game.  

Bates was responsible for the 2 TDs in the AFC title game and Bell was limited athletically and not great in deep coverage.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 07:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: any bengals fan with a working brain knows the defense is better than what the numbers indicate

when DJ Reader is healthy, the bengals are one of the toughest teams to run on

Truth and I find it very hard to believe we were 26th against the run...

When DJ went down we were bad until we brought in Tufele and we started to look better and when DJ came back we 
were WAY better against the run. DJ is so damn good honestly, not a player on the team besides maybe Burrow helps us 
more when healthy.

(03-16-2023, 07:18 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: I’ve hoped for a trade since seeing Carman handle LT well with the lights on bright. Now with Brown there is just one position battle, RT and Adeniji is packing his bags. Williams or Carman?  Training camp. Get a mid round guard in the draft, a guard like  Cody Ford and the revamped line is complete. Never again the Bengals opening offensive sequences of the AFC Championship game.

It was very promising with Carman. That is when Defenders are playing as hard as they possibly can and he played pretty well.

Great test for him and confidence builder. Carman doesn't get pushed around, he does the pushing. The more I look at what Cody 
Ford has done in the NFL I am not impressed at all but I did like him at Oklahoma when he played with Orlando. Hopefully he can 
gain some of that back and at the very least be a decent backup for us.
Reply/Quote
Carman as 3rd T. Blowing up defenders. I can see it now.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:12 AM)Synric Wrote: Im all for Jonah to Left Guard and it would probably be an easier transition for him than to RT.... but Bears still need a tackle and they have an extra second round pick.

What do the Bears have to do with this?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 07:33 AM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Collins is gone, too big of a cap hit with last year’s injuries and lackluster performance.

He isn't costing them any money,if he doesn't play.So why cut him?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 08:16 AM)bengalsboy Wrote: No.Volson is not going to  tackle.
Reply/Quote

Quote:2022 rankings   2022 NFL Opposition & Defensive Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Defense-
5th overall
16th against the Pass
5th against the run
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 03:56 AM)tms Wrote: I wouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves. I reckon there are still some moving parts. Wouldn't be surprised if Collins was PUP'd come September. Wouldn't be surprised if Jonah was wearing a different uniform altogether.

I'ma take credit for this! Good job, self!  Hilarious

Even if they don't manage to trade him, I'm not at all surprised the request has been made. Moving him to RT the year before he hits free agency always seemed like a non-starter. We'll see what happens. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 07:33 AM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Collins is gone, too big of a cap hit with last year’s injuries and lackluster performance.

No, he is not too big of a cap hit.   

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:38 PM)casear2727 Wrote: No, he is not too big of a cap hit.   

Agreed. 

Plus, he is tons better than Ford. 

Maybe the rest & rehab will help his back be better when he returns. It's a bet I am willing to make. He is signed thru 2024.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:43 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Agreed. 

Maybe the rest & rehab will help his back be better when he returns. It's a bet I am willing to make. He is signed thru 2024.

Exactly, and we should be trading Jonah here soon now that he is requesting it. Adding another pick while adding Orlando
Brown and letting Jonah go be injury prone somewhere else sure sounds about perfect for us right now.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 05:43 AM)OSUfan Wrote: I would absolutely cut LC. They can save up to $10 mil in cutting him, depending on timing, with an injury settlement. His back issues continue to be a problem and frankly he did not play well. Jonah is the one that would cost them to cut. If you move Jonah inside per your plan then you have several options at RT to include drafting one.

(03-17-2023, 12:43 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Agreed. 

Exactly, we have posters that think we will save 10M by cutting LC which isnt close.

With the dead money his cap hit would be 6.05M if he were healthy.  Cutting him injured requires a medical settlement that is another 2M.

So we should cut a guy that could be tremendous depth at G or T, assuming we get a RT this season and insurance as a very inexpensive starter at RT in 2024 in order to save 4M?????

I dont get it.

Reply/Quote