Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Round Projections Available at #33
Thanks for that vid Shady that a lot of these dudes need to see. Josh Jones ain't no Og man.
Reply/Quote
I would go with Cleveland or Baun but I have a funny feeling that we could take D'Andre Swift like I said in my first mock
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:09 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: For those who are shy of Josh Jones, go on YouTube and check out some of the tape on him. I see no cause for concern. Here's one from the Oklahoma game. It's fun watching him block Murray a couple of times. He'd have experience at that.

Tape

This guy is physical, isn't weak, or coming off of injury and he is not only athleticism like Ogbuehi.

Complete opposite type of Tackles.
Reply/Quote
If I knew Gay was there in round 3 I say Mims . Does anyone know I'd Lapham mentioned Mims I forget
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:17 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: If I knew Gay was there in round 3 I say Mims . Does anyone know I'd Lapham mentioned Mims I forget

Idk if Lap mentioned him, but iirc Mims was one of the guys we talked with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:15 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for that vid Shady that a lot of these dudes need to see. Josh Jones ain't no Og man.

Right? I think alot of us read what the draft "experts" say and take it as gospel. I know I've been guilty of that. After going back and watching tape, my opinion of the player changed. 

I also used to judge players based on highlights. Not a good idea. Gotta watch full game tape. I'm personally glad we didn't get one of the LBs that went tonight.I'll take Davis-Gaither over Murray, Queen, or Brooks. I'd also take him over Willie Gay Jr. I know folks say he can cover, but he takes alot of really bad angles and doesn't always play as fast as he can run the 40. 

Logan Wilson would be a tough call. I think I'd still take Davis-Gaither. Not certain. I'd like to see tape of him against better competition than UNC. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I saw a ton of projections of Mims in the 1st.

He's overrated. Some teams have him as a third round prospect. He has trouble gaining separation. TCU's Gladney shut him down and he is poor at pulling in 50/50 balls. Running 4.3 is good.... That's about all that is "special" here.

With that measuring stick John Ross is All-Pro. Higgins, Pittman, and even Claypool are more appealing. Ts, they don't need a WR at #2, unless you JR guys are ready to give up on him? Cough..cough
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:28 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He's overrated. Some teams have him as a third round prospect. He has trouble gaining separation. TCU's Gladney shut him down and he is poor at pulling in 50/50 balls. Running 4.3 is good.... That's about all that is "special" here.

With that measuring stick John Ross is All-Pro. Higgins, Pittman, and even Claypool are more appealing. Ts, they don't need a WR at #2, unless you JR guys are ready to give up on him? Cough..cough

Injury with JR is always a concern. I'd feel better if Claypool might drop to the 4th. I'd be fine with taking him in the 3rd, but only if Davis-Gaither dropped to the 4th. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:28 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He's overrated. Some teams have him as a third round prospect. He has trouble gaining separation. TCU's Gladney shut him down and he is poor at pulling in 50/50 balls. Running 4.3 is good.... That's about all that is "special" here.

Nah, if anything he’s underrated because he played at Baylor. His stock went up big time after more people got a look at him at the Senior Bowl

Reply/Quote

I understand you here Coach, Mims isn't as fast as that forty on the field in pads. Plus he pushes off all be it well.

Claypool is still my guy or Pittman better in the 3rd if we can manage if we go WR which I think we will.
Reply/Quote
With what's still available in the draft I'm thinking we go Defense in the draft there was a hell of a run on WR's in the first. There is tons of defense still on the board. I'm thinking in 3-4 we go offense again!! So my picks are in order for 33:

1) Zach Baun- solid get, not an over reach and would start at OLB which is a glaring need.

2) Yatur-Matos- Solid DE, would be a great rotational depth guy, future Dunlap replacement, allows us to use Hubbard in variety of ways!!

3) Xavier McKinney- S, is not a need per say right now, but would allow us to use Von Bell more in the box, and cut Shawn Williams creating space to extend Joe Mixon.

4) Denzel Mims-future #1 WR, who could be a solid #3 as a rookie, allows us to jettison John Ross after the year.
Reply/Quote
But honestly Pittman in the 3rd is still my ideal scenario at WR. Not sure he lasts that long though.

Reply/Quote
Baun all day. We cannot keep putting LB off. Our starters are weak and we literally have no depth. Baun represents value at 33 and they will be some tackles in the 3rd round. I like Charles better than Jones to begin with, the fact we can most likely get him a round later is just icing on the cake.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:25 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Right? I think alot of us read what the draft "experts" say and take it as gospel. I know I've been guilty of that. After going back and watching tape, my opinion of the player changed. 

I also used to judge players based on highlights. Not a good idea. Gotta watch full game tape. I'm personally glad we didn't get one of the LBs that went tonight.I'll take Davis-Gaither over Murray, Queen, or Brooks. I'd also take him over Willie Gay Jr. I know folks say he can cover, but he takes alot of really bad angles and doesn't always play as fast as he can run the 40. 

Logan Wilson would be a tough call. I think I'd still take Davis-Gaither. Not certain. I'd like to see tape of him against better competition than UNC. 

I just kinda figure that all of these guys have highlights but the scouting reports have trained eyes looking at the highs and lows. All of them have strengths and weaknesses that seem to have a consensus from people that get paid to do that. I trust my own eyes if I’ve watched a player enough but if not, I have to go with that consensus over a highlight reel.
Reply/Quote
I'd probably be thinking Epenesa, Niang, Higgins, or trade down with my uneducated fan board.  

I see upside potential in Mims, Baun, and Jones but their potential floors may be lower than other guys still available.  

Taylor, Swift, and Winfield Jr. look pretty tempting here in a void...but with such a loaded WR/OT class?  And with the need for LB depth? It'd be hard to pull the trigger with the current depth at those positions.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:39 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I'd probably be thinking Epenesa, Niang, Higgins, or trade down with my uneducated fan board.  

I see upside potential in Mims, Baun, and Jones but their potential floors may be lower than other guys still available.  

Taylor, Swift, and Winfield Jr. look pretty tempting here in a void...but with such a loaded WR/OT class?  And with the need for LB depth? It'd be hard to pull the trigger with the current depth at those positions.

I’m not so sure about Taylor Swift.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:12 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: First round projections left on the board. Who do you take?

17 Josh Jones OL HOU

20 Yetur Gross-Matos EDGE PSU

21 Xavier McKinney S BAMA

24 Kristian Fulton CB LSU

26 Zack Baun LB WISC

28 Grant Delpit S LSU

29 Ross Blacklock DL TCU

30 Trevon Diggs CB BAMA

31 Jonathan Taylor RB WISC

Josh Jones seems like the pick to me.
MEL KIPER has the Safeties McKinney and Delpit,  Running Backs Swift and the Ohio State RB, and a WR Pittman.  

Bengals got shut out on a top Linebacker again with Murray, Brooks and Queen gone. 

IF Mel Kiper is right,  those saying Trade Down from 33 may be correct.   Unless we plan on taking a Safety, a Running Back or a Wide Receiver,  TRADE DOWN.  

Some team may trade up for one of the Mel Kiper Top 5, and Kiper is pretty good on his Top of Round 2 Lists.   I have no problem Bengals trading back a little in 2 for an extra pick since we got shut out on the LB's that did not fall to 2.  Seeing Brooks and Queen go 27 and 28 hurt.  We can trade back and get a Blocker in 2.  Let some team that needs S, RB or WR move up.  Unless Bengals want one of Kipers Top 5.  

It hurt seeing Brooks taken.  I knew we had no chance at Murray, so I was hoping Brooks.  We are still weak at O Line and LB, so I'm on the trade back for an extra pick band wagon.  Unless there is an OT the Bengals want bad at 33.  Other teams drafting young QB's added a Block to help him. 

Getting shut out on the LBs at 33 really changes pick 33. It hurt seeing Brooks go. We can trade down a few spots and still get one of the Blockers in 2 and add an extra pick.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Where are people getting the Josh Jones to Cedric Ogbuehi comparison? They are nothing alike.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:09 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: For those who are shy of Josh Jones, go on YouTube and check out some of the tape on him. I see no cause for concern. Here's one from the Oklahoma game. It's fun watching him block Murray a couple of times. He'd have experience at that.

Tape

As soon as that guy said the Oklahoma defense was the strongest they faced all season I was turned off.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:05 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: As soon as that guy said the Oklahoma defense was the strongest they faced all season I was turned off.

We can get Jones or a Blocker like him trading back a few spots for an extra pick.  Let some team trade up for McKinney or a RB at 33.  Brooks did NOT fall to 33, I'm sorry to say.

I would be all for McKinney, but didn't we just add a free agent safety ?

What was all the Mixon holding out rumors on this site. Do we need one of these top RB's at pick 33.

Unless we need S or RB, trade down a few spots.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote