Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Round Projections Available at #33
Jones, McKinney, Gros-Matos are all acceptable.
Reply/Quote
If it were me I would go Jones but I think the Bengals are going to go Logan Wilson.
RT is the third most important position on offense behind 1QB and 2 LT. Plus it's hard to find tackles in today's game. We can manage at LB and WR is always a deep position in the draft every year. Hell Tobin doesn't give two shits about LB anyways and the Bengals could probably trade a sixth for Goodwin from SF to give them more depth at WR if need be. Draft the Tackle.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:12 AM)kevin Wrote: We can get Jones or a Blocker like him trading back a few spots for an extra pick.  Let some team trade up for McKinney or a RB at 33.  Brooks did NOT fall to 33, I'm sorry to say.

I would be all for McKinney, but didn't we just add a free agent safety ?  

What was all the Mixon holding out rumors on this site.  Do we need one of these top RB's at pick 33.  

Unless we need S or RB, trade down a few spots.

If we could get Jones while gaining more picks, who could argue? If the right team wants McKonney or Delpit or Diggs or or or....let it happen. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We dont need a damn 2nd round WR
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:05 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: As soon as that guy said the Oklahoma defense was the strongest they faced all season I was turned off.

yeah yeah, well, it is what it is. He also stood out at the Senior Bowl, so there's that. We could wait for Prince (WTFenoa) from Auburn, too. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:32 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: We dont need a damn 2nd round WR

Why? AJ and Ross are injury prone, and both could be gone next year. We might not get a better chance to replace AJ than this. At least not without using a high 1st.

That said, if we want to wait until the 3rd and hope Pittman is there I’m all for that. But we definitely need a WR.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why? AJ and Ross are injury prone, and both could be gone next year. We might not get a better chance to replace AJ than this. At least not without using a high 1st.

That said, if we want to wait until the 3rd and hope Pittman is there I’m all for that. But we definitely need a WR.

Yeah, WR is one of my biggest wants at 33.  I just don't have a particular one that I like.  
Reply/Quote
Bad news for the Josh Jones crowd. Dave lapham says he has short arms n is kinda like a T. rex but is a late first talent. He says his short arms stand out big time. He mentioned Baun again n Gross-Matos but he said bengals will probably go WR like Mims , maybe Higgins.
Reply/Quote
There's so many good players that fell, plus some good palyers who were rpojected in the 2nd anyway. I Thaink we trade down and try to get 2 2nds. Or a 2nd and 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:28 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He's overrated. Some teams have him as a third round prospect. He has trouble gaining separation. TCU's Gladney shut him down and he is poor at pulling in 50/50 balls. Running 4.3 is good.... That's about all that is "special" here.

With that measuring stick John Ross is All-Pro. Higgins, Pittman, and even Claypool are more appealing. Ts, they don't need a WR at #2, unless you JR guys are ready to give up on him? Cough..cough

Where do you get your "inside Info" that "some" teams have Mims as a 3rd round prospect????

Please show me that evidence. I've heard no such thing from anywhere. And, I didn't know you were part of all these NFL teams' draft rooms? Must be nice!! (cough cough)

I can tell you though that Daniel Jeremiah has him as his #46 Ranked player. If Mims makes it to the 3rd round, I'll be the 1st to come back here and tell you that you were right.

Show me your evidence please!
Reply/Quote
Got to be Josh Jones. He must be highest ranked on most teams boards and gives us better protection to our most valuable asset (Burrow). Williams and Jones would give us two tackles that you could protect Burrow for a number of years.
Reply/Quote
Josh Jones showed up at the senior bowl, would start over Hart. He or Baun will be the pick IMO. WTS, coaches like matching up a new QB with a new WR so Mims or Pittman could be their guy. But after listening to Taylor, he said whoever they pick at #33 will start.

If Ross and Green are healthy, a WR would not start at least not right away. Makes me think Bengals will go OL and LB next two rounds. Just my opinion.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Don’t overthink it just take Josh Jones. Lap was bitching about his arms not being long enough tonight though which is hilarious bc they’re longer than Jonahs.
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:10 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Josh Jones showed up at the senior bowl, would start over Hart.  He or Baun will be the pick IMO.  WTS, coaches like matching up a new QB with a new WR so Mims or Pittman could be their guy.  But after listening to Taylor, he said whoever they pick at #33 will start.  

If Ross and Green are healthy, a WR would not start at least not right away.  Makes me think Bengals will go OL and LB next two rounds.  Just my opinion.

Has Ross stayed healthy in his first 3 years??? We can't expect that he'll play all 16 games this year either.

I'd expect any WR available in Round 2 to beat Ross out for playing time this year. It's almost by default based on Ross's track record.

And, can we even have the faith in AJ as much as we all love him?

Whichever WR they take early will be playing a lot of football for them this year.

Shenault, Higgins, Mims, Pittman Jr-----All four of those WR's could step in day one on the opposite side of AJ. (Shenault plays everywhere). And, you'd still have Boyd and Ross as the inside WR's. Burrow and Co. will be deploying more 4 WR sets this year as well.
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2 After spending $150 million on defense, It's time to give the offense a little love.
Don't trade #33, run to podium for TEE HIGGINS. AJ Green's replacement will have a year to learn from the man himself.
Round 3 go OT. Round 4 LBer unless Thaddeus Moss is still available, if he is--Rd 5 LBer.
and don't forget Rd 7----Rodrigo Blankenship K GA.
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Solidify the D with Xavier McKinney, S

Reply/Quote
I have a feeling they won't address OT early. I think they'll draft Cameron Clark or Alex Taylor( 36 1/8 arms and 11 1/4 hands) later on whom they had at the senior bowl.
Reply/Quote
Jones for me or Pitttman.

Did you know Jones is one of only a handful of tackles to score a 90 or better in both run and pass protection since the pff era started?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:25 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Right? I think alot of us read what the draft "experts" say and take it as gospel. I know I've been guilty of that. After going back and watching tape, my opinion of the player changed. 

I also used to judge players based on highlights. Not a good idea. Gotta watch full game tape. I'm personally glad we didn't get one of the LBs that went tonight.I'll take Davis-Gaither over Murray, Queen, or Brooks. I'd also take him over Willie Gay Jr. I know folks say he can cover, but he takes alot of really bad angles and doesn't always play as fast as he can run the 40. 

Logan Wilson would be a tough call. I think I'd still take Davis-Gaither. Not certain. I'd like to see tape of him against better competition than UNC. 

Ill take whatever your smoking if you would take davis gaither  over queen or murray.  Both queen and murray was have some questions but both the have very elite traits.  Willie gay I agree he doesnt play to his timed speed and he gets lost a lot.
Reply/Quote
Mims or Jones would do me.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote