Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Round Projections Available at #33
(04-24-2020, 01:33 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would stay away from Jones.. not sure where these projections are coming from.. most of the commentary never mentioned him as a 1st rounder.  As i stated reading his profile reminds me of Cedric.. very athletic but slow feet.. had juries Senior and Sophomore year to miss games.. I think he actually will slide into the late 30s/40s.. if we don;t take Baun i would trade back and add a 3 or 4th to fill more wholes

Now then fun begins. I’d add more to the mix.
Ezra Cleveland. OT
Tee Higgins. WR
Zack Baun OLB

Trade down?

I go with Baun .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who’s trading up at this point though?

TB is a RB away from a Total Offense. I'd imagine they want that #33 pick. 

I'd also say Miami and Seattle are salivating over those remaining RBs as well. They all have their Favorites that they'd have to have. 

2 top end Pass Rushers are there, 2 top end Safeties, and 2 top end CB's. 

The Bengals will be fielding plenty of calls for that #33 pick tomorrow! 

I can't wait! 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:33 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would stay away from Jones.. not sure where these projections are coming from.. most of the commentary never mentioned him as a 1st rounder.  As i stated reading his profile reminds me of Cedric.. very athletic but slow feet.. had juries Senior and Sophomore year to miss games.. I think he actually will slide into the late 30s/40s.. if we don;t take Baun i would trade back and add a 3 or 4th to fill more wholes

Austin Jackson and Ezra Cleveland are more like Og. Not Josh Jones.
Reply/Quote
I think they'll go with baun or shenault. I think they showed interest in both.

I think they're looking for guys to step in to spots next season, and one of the ol available likely wouldnt.
Reply/Quote
Mims or a trade down would be my preference.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:46 AM)Benton Wrote: I think they'll go with baun or shenault. I think they showed interest in both.

I think they're looking for guys to step in to spots next season, and one of the ol available likely wouldnt.

(04-24-2020, 01:47 AM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Mims or a trade down would be my preference.

Wasn't stated in the OP Mims or Shenault are still available.

Would really like Mims at 33 and I love Shenault just not the injury history.
Reply/Quote
If it is me I take...Kristian Fulton. I would carry 7 highly drafted Corners on the roster if I could, even knowing that only 5 will dress. They take forever to get on the field and once they're on you can rotate as many as you have. New England drafts this way.

I also would like Oline but the team has said they're probably going defense (well they also said BPA so who knows). Matos or Braun seem like the pick to me. They interviewed Braun and have talked about wanting to draft a Defensive End. Probably Matos -- you can find other LBs later in the draft.

Reply/Quote
I don't think you can pass up on Yetur Gross-Matos here. We are being gifted the #3 EDGE in the draft at 33. We lack EDGE depth. Value matches need.

YGM is the first rounder that fell to our pick at 33. Pass rushers are a coveted breed. Dude is a highly productive 6'5" 265lbs athlete that is still ascending.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:22 AM)Burreaux Wrote: I like either Josh Jones or AJ Epenesa.

All for Epenesa as well, damn. Sitting pretty. Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:22 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I hope they draft Mims. He doesnt have to forced right away
To start.he learn behind AJ without the pressure.

I think we need guys who can start right away, especially if they are drafted at the top of the second round.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:33 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would stay away from Jones.. not sure where these projections are coming from.. most of the commentary never mentioned him as a 1st rounder.  As i stated reading his profile reminds me of Cedric.. very athletic but slow feet.. had juries Senior and Sophomore year to miss games.. I think he actually will slide into the late 30s/40s.. if we don;t take Baun i would trade back and add a 3 or 4th to fill more wholes

Agreed!! I’ve been very weary of Josh Jones since day 1. Read his scouting report people. It is eerily similar to our boy Cedric Ogbuehi. Lots of athleticism but lacks techniques and form of a good offensive tackle and needs LOTS of coaching. I really don’t want this guy. I would much rather have Ezra Cleveland and hopefully trade back to get him. I would also be ok with Baun or Mims, but if it’s not 1 of them hopefully we can trade back.
Reply/Quote
Last thing I want is a defensive end, well next to another damn corner
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:49 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wasn't stated in the OP Mims or Shenault are still available.

Would really like Mims at 33 and I love Shenault just not the injury history.

They're available, but they weren't given first round grades
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:04 AM)BleedOnB Wrote: Agreed!! I’ve been very weary of Josh Jones since day 1. Read his scouting report people. It is eerily similar to our boy Cedric Ogbuehi. Lots of athleticism but lacks techniques and form of a good offensive tackle and needs LOTS of coaching. I really don’t want this guy. I would much rather have Ezra Cleveland and hopefully trade back to get him. I would also be ok with Baun or Mims, but if it’s not 1 of them hopefully we can trade back.

Ezra Cleveland has been compared to Og, not Josh Jones. Same with Austin Jackson, don't know where you guys are seeing this?

Josh Jones isn't weak and coming off of injury?
Reply/Quote
If We Don't trade 33, I would say these guys are in the mix for the pick : Josh Jones, Tee Higgins, Zack Baun, and Denzel Mims.
Reply/Quote
For those who are shy of Josh Jones, go on YouTube and check out some of the tape on him. I see no cause for concern. Here's one from the Oklahoma game. It's fun watching him block Murray a couple of times. He'd have experience at that.

Tape
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:06 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: They're available, but they weren't given first round grades

I saw a ton of projections of Mims in the 1st.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:33 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would stay away from Jones.. not sure where these projections are coming from.. most of the commentary never mentioned him as a 1st rounder.  As i stated reading his profile reminds me of Cedric.. very athletic but slow feet.. had juries Senior and Sophomore year to miss games.. I think he actually will slide into the late 30s/40s.. if we don;t take Baun i would trade back and add a 3 or 4th to fill more wholes

I’m with you on this. I’m not a fan of Jones, he probably wouldn’t start and may be a project type of guy. I like Baun. He could probably put on about ten pounds and still keep that speed. I take Baun and then look OL, WR or a big LB in round 3.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I saw a ton of projections of Mims in the 1st.

Me too. Just not on the one I pulled the list from. There's bound to be some differences across sites. 
Reply/Quote
You guys are scaring me about Jones...

Reply/Quote