Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Round Projections Available at #33
We are one injury away from the same situation as last year at Left Tackle. I say grab the tackle and now we have good depth at both tackle spots. Jones seems to grade out very good in both run and pass blocking. Pick him and we are set. That said, I haven't studied him too much other than a couple youtube evaluations. I don't know much about his personality and all that. If they have a reason to pass on him, just grab the best player or trade down.

In round 3 we can grab the best linebacker available, and there will be a few to choose from. No need to reach for a Middle linebacker at 33. Also, the middle linebackers we could pick at 33 grade out very similar to the ones available at the top of 3. That's why I say wait a round.

I wouldn't mind an edge rusher at 33. To me, we are in an ideal spot to grab either an OLB/edge player, or an OT. Both positions are highly valued--and would improve our team more than any other pick.

Can't wait to see what happens tonight, and pumped we got Burrow!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can’t take me off Josh Jones. He’s the best talent available and would start day 1
Reply/Quote
Probably Josh Jones or Zack Baun.But it wouldn’t surprise me if they take a WR at this spot.Although I would prefer Josh Jones.
Reply/Quote
My inclination is Josh Jones but the staff would have to likely admit Bobby Hart isn't the answer at RT.
Baun would be the other I would go for.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 09:37 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Can’t take me off Josh Jones. He’s the best talent available and would start day 1

I thought he was a lock to join the Packers, but they decided to pull the trigger on Jordan Love as Aaron Rodgers's apprentice. Surprised he fell to us. Would be surprised if we passed him up. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:39 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Taylor, Swift, and Winfield Jr. look pretty tempting here in a void.

(04-24-2020, 02:46 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m not so sure about Taylor Swift.

I am sure she "looks pretty tempting"

Rep.
Reply/Quote
Jones or Baun for me. As much as I want that line solidified, LB is a huge need.
Reply/Quote
My own personal tastes would be Jones, Higgins or Baun.

Either of those 3 would be good, especially considering that in the past 20 years, the most-sure picks have been Oline or LB.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:59 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Bad news for the Josh Jones crowd.  Dave lapham says he has short arms n is kinda like a T. rex but is a late first talent.  He says his short arms stand out big time.  He mentioned Baun again n Gross-Matos  but he said bengals will probably go WR like Mims ,  maybe Higgins.

The big hole on our line is at OG.  Jones would be fine there.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 09:37 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Can’t take me off Josh Jones. He’s the best talent available and would start day 1

I have to disagree,, I like multiple analysis on the site below that look at alot.. Jones has mixed grades.. some think he is might not be ready for NFL game 1 to start, others do etc..   the old saying is he fell for a reason and i think that is it.  

And besides the mixed review as starter Day 1 couple that with now you are moving are top 10 pick Williams from his starting left tackle to right tackle.. no way for me.. I want Williams protecting Burrow for the future.. 

How do we justify moving what is projected as our best lineman away from the most important line position to protect a right handed QB especially a rookie who might need and take more time to throw.....

I prefer to either take Baun from Wisconsin or if no consensus pick.. trade back ( some people act like the draft is over after 35 or so picks.. crazy)... there we get extra pick in  probably /3/4 range and i would focus on  a true right tackle and draft Peart OT from Conn either later 2nd or if you feel he will be there in 3rd....

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/josh-jones/EdwZbsWiZA 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 09:38 AM)ochocincos Wrote: My inclination is Josh Jones but the staff would have to likely admit Bobby Hart isn't the answer at RT.
Baun would be the other I would go for.

Hart improved tremendously last year.  Most fans refuse to admit that.  We are MUCH thinner at OG.  I like Jordans potential, but he looked bad last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:38 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Solidify the D with Xavier McKinney, S

He is a hell of a ball player, but with the signing of Bell we have much bigger needs.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:09 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: For those who are shy of Josh Jones, go on YouTube and check out some of the tape on him. I see no cause for concern. Here's one from the Oklahoma game. It's fun watching him block Murray a couple of times. He'd have experience at that.

Tape

Great share, B or B.  (BTW, glad you're not Bust).  I'm all in for Jones.

To those who say that edge rusher is more of a premium position (Epenesa, Gross-Matos):  you've also got to block those guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 09:50 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I have to disagree,, I like multiple analysis on the site below that look at alot.. Jones has mixed grades.. some think he is might not be ready for NFL game 1 to start, others do etc..   the old saying is he fell for a reason and i think that is it.  

And besides the mixed review as starter Day 1 couple that with now you are moving are top 10 pick Williams from his starting left tackle to right tackle.. no way for me.. I want Williams protecting Burrow for the future.. 

How do we justify moving what is projected as our best lineman away from the most important line position to protect a right handed QB especially a rookie who might need and take more time to throw.....

I prefer to either take Baun from Wisconsin or if no consensus pick.. trade back ( some people act like the draft is over after 35 or so picks.. crazy)... there we get extra pick in  probably /3/4 range and i would focus on  a true right tackle and draft Peart OT from Conn either later 2nd or if you feel he will be there in 3rd....

I'm just as excited for Williams to come back as anyone, and I hope he's as advertised, but the fact remains that he hasn't taken a meaningful snap of football in a while.  He's an untested rookie coming off of injury.  Like it or not, the jury is still out on him.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
We seriously need to grab Josh Jones at 33.If,or when we build a solid O-line,,,we’re off to the races.I’m not really even that concerned about anything else right now.This team needs to go all in on building an all-pro O-line.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:45 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: If we released AJ this year then ok pick up the WR but since we franchise tagged the guy you got to live by the sword die by the sword. We have other spots we can get starters with the 33# pick so fill a hole do not add depth till later in the draft.

This.  You can't burn a second round pick as insurance for a guy you just gave $18 million.

Still take at least one or even two WRs later in the draft that have the potential to develop into NFL starters.  I still see it as a position of need, but the reason we franchised Green is so that we would not have to use a high pick on WR this year (hopefully)
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 09:50 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I have to disagree,, I like multiple analysis on the site below that look at alot.. Jones has mixed grades.. some think he is might not be ready for NFL game 1 to start, others do etc..   the old saying is he fell for a reason and i think that is it.  

Just because you draft Josh Jones, doesn't mean he's going to start at LT. We already have our starter in Williams. If they drafted an OT in general, he would be competing for both OT spots. He would likely back up Left Tackle, and possibly start at Right Tackle.

I don't claim to know as much as the coaches and scouts do. If there's a reason to pass on Josh Jones, by all means. I'd be okay with either trading back for another offensive lineman, or picking the best edge player available. Baun could fit the bill as a guy that can cover and rush the passer. I'd get on board with that pick.

A lot of people are saying they want a wideout here. I'm not convinced it's a glaring need. We have 3 starters already. We have depth behind them. If we pick a WR he likely doesn't play much this year. If thats the case--and this receiver class is so deep--I say wait until round 4 or 5 to draft one.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 09:35 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: We are one injury away from the same situation as last year at Left Tackle. I say grab the tackle and now we have good depth at both tackle spots. Jones seems to grade out very good in both run and pass blocking. Pick him and we are set. That said, I haven't studied him too much other than a couple youtube evaluations. I don't know much about his personality and all that. If they have a reason to pass on him, just grab the best player or trade down.

In round 3 we can grab the best linebacker available, and there will be a few to choose from. No need to reach for a Middle linebacker at 33. Also, the middle linebackers we could pick at 33 grade out very similar to the ones available at the top of 3. That's why I say wait a round.

I wouldn't mind an edge rusher at 33. To me, we are in an ideal spot to grab either an OLB/edge player, or an OT. Both positions are highly valued--and would improve our team more than any other pick.

Can't wait to see what happens tonight, and pumped we got Burrow!

Oline depth has to be addressed today or Saturday. As you say, LT needs depth. LG needs competition at starter, C needs depth. Most likely starting at the 3rd round. Today they probably fix LB, then go heavy for Oline.
Reply/Quote
I’m saying go with BPA. AJ Espenesa and or Zack Baun or Jones should be the pick here. With that said, I think they are going to surprise everyone and go with.........

Bryan Edwards WR S Carolina. Mike Brown gizzes in his shorts a little early when he sees he can still get the 4th rounder they had their eyes on, still available in the 2nd.

And I shudder.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 09:50 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I have to disagree,, I like multiple analysis on the site below that look at alot.. Jones has mixed grades.. some think he is might not be ready for NFL game 1 to start, others do etc..   the old saying is he fell for a reason and i think that is it.  

The only other player I wanted was Wilsonnfir OT.

I know you don’t like him. I’m not going to argue with you.

Jones can start at RT and would give the team bookend tackles for the next 4 years. I’ve read and watched enough tape to be confident in that.
Reply/Quote