Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Round Projections Available at #33
Ross Blacklock is interesting he would be a 3 and 4 tech for the Bengals. Interior pass rusher. Wouldn't be my favorite pick but I would understand.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Some on here is saying the Bengals don't need a WR. Who stepped up when AJ and Ross went down? There was no one to go to when defenses rolled coverage to Boyd. No one stepped up. I'm surprised Boyd even made it to 1000 yards with the coverage he was getting.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think right now he could plug and give you average play year 1 (better than what we got at G last year and on par to slightly better than RT). I think by year 2 and 3 he has the upside to give you top end play, especially at RT. He is a perfect fit scheme wise to what we want to do In the running game and I am comfortable with him in pass protection.

Everyone at 33 has flaws, that’s why they are there at 33, but I have been high on this kid for months at 33. PFF has him as there highest graded tackle in the running game and 2nd in pass protection. Adjusting for level of competition I understand but the guy is an upgrade for sure with a lot to build on.

I definitely agree with this.  Kid is a great scheme fit.  I also feel T is a draft and develop position where you shouldn't expect great play from rookiies.  My dear is that people will get down on him when he isn't a Pro Bowler in year 1 and screaming for his replacement next year. 

I would definitely prefer him to stay at T, though, as I think both Hart and Johnson are better suited at G. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 09:12 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I completely forgot about Epenesa!

If we're serious about shifting between 4-3 and 3-4, I think he could play a really big role in this defense.

But you gotta wonder about those athletic numbers...

My updated big board:

1. Josh Jones
2. Tee Higgins
3. A.J. Epenesa
4. Zack Baun
5. Trade down
6. Yetur Gross-Matos
7. Michael Pittman Jr
8. Denzel Mims
9. Ezra Cleveland
10. Josh Uche

Nice board! I like it.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:34 PM)Synric Wrote: Ross Blacklock is interesting he would be a 3 and 4 tech for the Bengals. Interior pass rusher. Wouldn't be my favorite pick but I would understand.

I would not be a fan. Not that he isn't a good player, I just put a guy who at best is getting what 30% of snaps spelling Geno as a good value at 33.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think right now he could plug and give you average play year 1 (better than what we got at G last year and on par to slightly better than RT). I think by year 2 and 3 he has the upside to give you top end play, especially at RT. He is a perfect fit scheme wise to what we want to do In the running game and I am comfortable with him in pass protection.

Everyone at 33 has flaws, that’s why they are there at 33, but I have been high on this kid for months at 33. PFF has him as there highest graded tackle in the running game and 2nd in pass protection. Adjusting for level of competition I understand but the guy is an upgrade for sure with a lot to build on.

Feel the exact same on Josh Jones and I also like Robert Hunt. Both I think would start year one and be upgrades.

Just what you want in an early pick. As you note after this FJ is coming off injury.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

I'd love to swap with the Jets.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:35 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Some on here is saying the Bengals don't need a WR.  Who stepped up when AJ and Ross went down?  There was no one to go to when defenses rolled coverage to Boyd.  No one stepped up.  I'm surprised Boyd even made it to 1000 yards with the coverage he was getting.

Hard to count on any of our WR's being healthy this year besides Boyd. So the argument some are having about being against a
WR doesn't hold much water with me. The WR we pick could very well be starting early in the year the way AJ and Ross are injured
all the time.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: I would not be a fan. Not that he isn't a good player, I just put a guy who at best is getting what 30% of snaps spelling Geno as a good value at 33.

I get that and 30% could be generous.

If they are high in Denzel Mims that's the pick.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:50 PM)Synric Wrote: I get that and 30% could be generous.

If they are high in Denzel Mims that's the pick.

I hope not, I think I'd rather get Claypool at 65 or Higgins/Pittman at 33. Mims scares me badly because of his press man concerns and some general issues with his release I have.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Bob Bicknell had Mims at Baylor in '17.  I could easily see him being the pick.
Reply/Quote
Would anybody be willing to deal one of next years picks to acquire another pick from this years deep class? Kind of an all in move but there’s a lot of talent on the board still.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: I hope not, I think I'd rather get Claypool at 65 or Higgins/Pittman at 33. Mims scares me badly because of his press man concerns and some general issues with his release I have.

I like how he uses his body in his routes compared to most of the receivers in the class like leaning into the inside leverage before breaking off an out route creating space. 

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:58 PM)Synric Wrote: I like how he uses his body in his routes compared to most of the receivers in the class like leaning into the inside leverage before breaking off an out route creating space. 

I also like that he IS subtle when he pushes off, he is good at it lol

Like how Mims snatches the ball out of the air too, reminds me a bit of AJ.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:35 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Some on here is saying the Bengals don't need a WR.  Who stepped up when AJ and Ross went down?  

Most people agree with you that the Bengals need a player for DEPTH at the WR position.  But most people think it is more important to address holes in the starting lineup before drafting for depth.

We spent $18 million on a WR in free agency so that we would NOT have to use a high pick on one (I hope)
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:34 PM)Synric Wrote: Ross Blacklock is interesting he would be a 3 and 4 tech for the Bengals. Interior pass rusher. Wouldn't be my favorite pick but I would understand.

I think this is something the Bengals want to get out. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hard to count on any of our WR's being healthy this year besides Boyd. So the argument some are having about being against a
WR doesn't hold much water with me. The WR we pick could very well be starting early in the year the way AJ and Ross are injured
all the time.

I would agree with you if we had not already spent $18 million on a WR.  You can't commit that much money to a position AND then burn the #33 pick on insurance.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 04:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think this is something the Bengals want to get out. 

Agree 100%.  Disinformation to prompt a trade offer.

If we really do use #33 on Blacklock then that probably means there is something wrong with Geno that we don't know about (see: Clint Boling).  That would explain his drop off in production last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 04:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think this is something the Bengals want to get out. 

(04-24-2020, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Agree 100%.  Disinformation to prompt a trade offer.

If we really do use #33 on Blacklock then that probably means there is something wrong with Geno that we don't know about (see: Clint Boling).  That would explain his drop off in production last year.

It's a good possibility and it's not like the Bengals haven't traded down in the 2nd 3 years in a row.

I believe the best value in this draft is backend of the 2nd through the top end of the 4th. 

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:28 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Has Ross stayed healthy in his first 3 years??? We can't expect that he'll play all 16 games this year either.

I'd expect any WR available in Round 2 to beat Ross out for playing time this year. It's almost by default based on Ross's track record.

And, can we even have the faith in AJ as much as we all love him?

Whichever WR they take early will be playing a lot of football for them this year.

Shenault, Higgins, Mims, Pittman Jr-----All four of those WR's could step in day one on the opposite side of AJ. (Shenault plays everywhere). And, you'd still have Boyd and Ross as the inside WR's. Burrow and Co. will be deploying more 4 WR sets this year as well.

You can get a good WR in round 3.  You cannot get another high caliber OT that is ready to start.  The only other OT I like later are Mckivitz, Pert, and Alex Taylor.  They all need time to develop.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote