Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Important Days
Today is LSU's pro day and tomorrow will be Oregon's. After more than a year we will finally get a glimpse of the 2 guys who are at the top of the Bengals draft board.

I'm interested in seeing how fast Chase will run and if his ball skills are still looking good.

Sewell will be interesting, last time we saw him he was just barely 19. At that age he was likely still growing. Is he taller, heavier, stronger?
Will he be in shape ( a challenge for so many linemen? How will he move?

Today is also Florida's pro day...Zac is there to get a look a Kyle Pitts. I assume then that Brian Callahan or Duke is in Louisiana

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:01 AM)pally Wrote: Today is LSU's pro day and tomorrow will be Oregon's.  After more than a year we will finally get a glimpse of the 2 guys who are at the top of the Bengals draft board.

I'm interested in seeing how fast Chase will run and if his ball skills are still looking good.

Sewell will be interesting, last time we saw him he was just barely 19.  At that age he was likely still growing.  Is he taller, heavier, stronger?    
Will he be in shape ( a challenge for so many linemen?  How will he move?

Are these televised anywhere?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Are these televised anywhere?

NFL Network has been covering them

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:01 AM)pally Wrote: Today is LSU's pro day and tomorrow will be Oregon's. After more than a year we will finally get a glimpse of the 2 guys who are at the top of the Bengals draft board.

Sewell will be interesting, last time we saw him he was just barely 19. At that age he was likely still growing. Is he taller, heavier, stronger?

Today is also Florida's pro day...Zac is there to get a look a Kyle Pitts. I assume then that Brian Callahan or Duke is in Louisiana

Sewell posted a pic of himself at the gym on... Monday, I think?

He looks as good as one should, IMO.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:01 AM)pally Wrote: Today is LSU's pro day and tomorrow will be Oregon's. After more than a year we will finally get a glimpse of the 2 guys who are at the top of the Bengals draft board.

Oregon’s pro day is April 2nd, which is Friday. Sewell posted a photo out of the gym this week and as expected, looks like a shit brick house. It’ll be great to see him in football drills again.
Reply/Quote
This is the first time seeing both these guys in any kind of workout/simulation in almost year and a half. Should be good to see what they bring to the table.
Reply/Quote
Saw ZT is at Florida’s Pro day and not LSU today. Found that interesting.
Reply/Quote
I hope Chase works out. I don't think Devonta Smith ran the drills at his pro day, though he did run some routes with Mac Jones, I think.

It's not uncommon for top prospects to skip those drills because they are very unlikely to raise the stock of the player already considered the best at their position and, if they don't meet expectations, could very easily hurt their stock (if Chase runs a 4.40, people will say "well yea, that's what we expected." But if he runs a 4.5, that would legitimately hurt his stock since he profiles as a deep threat WR, especially considering his average height and weight.) He'll probably only do drills if he's confident that he'll beat the expectation. It'll be interesting to see which way he goes.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:29 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Saw ZT is at Florida’s Pro day and not LSU today. Found that interesting.

Imagine if the Bengals built such a smokescreen around Sewell and Chase and then do a completely unexpected move by taking Pitts (to my delight)!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Imagine if the Bengals built such a smokescreen around Sewell and Chase and then do a completely unexpected move by taking Pitts (to my delight)!

Ha, I was thinking the same thing about Slater recently with him moving up the draftboards of some national guys. 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:24 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sewell posted a pic of himself at the gym on... Monday, I think?

He looks as good as one should, IMO.

Shockingly good shape for a 325lb guy. No Andre Smith moobs there (Smith was 2 inches shorter, 7lbs heavier, but looked nothing like this). Glad to see Sewell hasn't been relaxing and letting himself go during his opt out year. Make it happen at #5, Bengals! Protect Burrow!

[Image: ExsEtopVgAQoHj3?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Chase just did a 41" vertical jump, and an 11' broad jump. Damn.

(Also 9 5/8" hands, so above 9.5, which is nice.)

Reply/Quote
Pitts just measured the largest wingspan of a TE in the last 20 years.
Reply/Quote
Workouts are cool and all... but this is how we fell into the John Ross trap. At least all 3 of Chase Pitts and Sewell have strong play to back up their measurables.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 11:13 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Workouts are cool and all... but this is how we fell into the John Ross trap. At least all 3 of Chase Pitts and Sewell have strong play to back up their measurables.

Except John Ross' workout showed he had tons of red flags.

He had 8.75" hands (he later dropped a lot of passes)
He had uninspiring shuttle time (CBs later kept up with him)
Even his fast 40, he did it once and then got hurt. Later we found out he could run like that once before being shot for awhile, and was very fragile.

The workout told us everything we needed to know ablut Ross. People just ignored it for the 40 time.

Reply/Quote
Chase and Marshall both ran an unofficial 4.38- both will not attempt a 2nd run.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 11:34 AM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Chase and Marshall both ran an unofficial 4.38- both will not attempt a 2nd run.

[Image: tenor.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 11:34 AM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Chase and Marshall both ran an unofficial 4.38- both will not attempt a 2nd run.

Yeah, I am sure they're quite okay with a 4.38, lol.

Of course at the combine that's probably something like 4.45, which is still quite solid and fast enough.

Reply/Quote
Give me any one of Sewell, Chase, or Pitts and I’ll be ecstatic.

Reply/Quote
Marshall may have snuck into the bottom of the 1st with that time.
Reply/Quote