Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Important Days
(04-01-2021, 07:57 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Bet he was beat by some WR bench press reps if he even did the bench press.

What is your deal with Sewell???? You should have none after watching his workout video. If you doubt him after this, you really should stop posting ignorant comments. You made no sense about your previous workout comments either. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNIXaiXFEXL/?utm_source=ig_embed
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 04:36 PM)pally Wrote: Zac, Duke, and Pollack are all in Oregon

bench press-30

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 06:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote:  

The funny thing about O-lineman and big men in general is that most people want to view their athletic abilities with the same lens they view skill postion player athleticism.  It doesn't work that way.  O-lineman aren't generally going to wow you, but if you know how to watch them a 5.01 40 becomes every bit as dynamic and exciting as smaller man's 4.4

TLDR: Don't judge a draft horse by quarterhorse standards.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
With a Tackle the big measurable here is lateral quickness and mobility.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 04:43 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Why not draft a OG like Trey Smith or Wyatt Davis then if you are looking for a rookie to compete with Spain and XSF.
OG is not Penei natural spot. 
People keep on saying "oh my god if we dont draft Penei
Burrow will be buried and on the IR blah blah....
At the end of day guess what if you draft Sewell and move him 
To OG that equates to he has ZERO game experience
Playing OG in Week 1. 
How is that a upgrade of XSF or Spain?

Not sure if this was mentioned, but Reiff has said he would be willing to move to G.... and Reiff at G is a huge upgrade over Spain or XSF.

That means Sewell is your RT, and the first man off the bench when Jonah gets hurt, is the loser of the Spain/XSF battle instead of Michael Jordan.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

bench press-30

Wild how this time of year is...

Love all the options. Smirk
Reply/Quote

bench press-30

30 reps lmao 225 at 30 reps is sad for a 300 plus pound guy....no wonder he is sliding down the boards....He might make a decent player one day but he s not a top 5 pick
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 09:38 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: 30 reps lmao 225 at 30 reps is sad for a 300 plus pound guy....no wonder he is sliding down the boards....He might make a decent player one day but he s not a top 5 pick

30 Reps is above average for any offensive lineman no matter how much they weigh.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 09:49 PM)Synric Wrote: 30 Reps is above average for any offensive lineman no matter how much they weigh.

WR and RB are in the 20 range the record is 49-51 this guy is just average when it comes to bench press reps.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 09:38 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: 30 reps lmao 225 at 30 reps is sad for a 300 plus pound guy....no wonder he is sliding down the boards....He might make a decent player one day but he s not a top 5 pick

Whitworth did 28 at the combine lol
Reply/Quote

30 reps is strong and puts Sewell in the 84th-85th percentile. Is it amazing? No, but it’s plenty strong enough.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 09:54 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: 30 reps is strong and puts Sewell in the 84th-85th percentile. Is it amazing? No, but it’s plenty strong enough.

Exactly he is not a top 5 or even top 10 pick last mock  I seen he was picked 15 he might slide further.
Reply/Quote
I’m not worried about his bench and I think he will be a very good player. However aren’t his arms a little short for a tackle (especially a LT)?

I think (and hope) the pick will be Chase. I believe he’s the highest rated of the 3 but they are all very good players.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 09:52 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: WR and RB are in the 20 range the record is 49-51 this guy is just average when it comes to bench press reps.

Here is a composite score of people who track these things. His bench was above average his vert and 3-cone were average.

Penei Sewell's #RAS with cone added in, very hard to see him landing anywhere but in elite territory with how he's tested so far. Much as expected.https://t.co/YftnGl7Zal #RAS pic.twitter.com/mu9GzQfHDf

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 2, 2021 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
With the deep draft with O-linemen I do not see teams picking one until half way thru the 1st round. That is good for us to pick up a good O0line G or T in the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 09:58 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I’m not worried about his bench and I think he will be a very good player. However aren’t his arms a little short for a tackle (especially a LT)?

I think (and hope) the pick will be Chase. I believe he’s the highest rated of the 3 but they are all very good players.

Joe's Thomas' arms are/were 32.5 inches and he turned out just fine.

EDIT:

Here's an article talking about why arm length isn't as big a factor as some scouting reports would have you believe:
https://www.espn.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/12020/daily-mailbag-the-insanity-of-short-arms
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 09:57 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Exactly he is not a top 5 or even top 10 pick last mock  I seen he was picked 15 he might slide further.

That’s a silly mock, then. I want Cinci to draft Penei, but I think they go Chase. He won’t make it out of the top 10, though.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 10:06 PM)Earendil Wrote: Joe's Thomas' arms are/were 32.5 inches and he turned out just fine.

But can you imagine how good he could have been if his arms were 34" long? Ninja
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 10:06 PM)Earendil Wrote: Joe's Thomas' arms are/were 32.5 inches and he turned out just fine.

Thomas had 33.75 inch arms.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 09:57 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Exactly he is not a top 5 or even top 10 pick last mock  I seen he was picked 15 he might slide further.

LOL

Reply/Quote