Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20 percent of Trump supporters disapprove of the Emancipation Proclamation
Quote:Donald Trump has faced his share of criticism about his comments on immigrantsMuslims, and women while on the campaign trail. Despite the controversies, his political star is shining brighter than ever. The New York Times took a closer look at the people who are backing him in the race to the White House to see just where they stand on the issues.

Specifically, the paper looked at the racial beliefs of the Republican front-runner's supporters. The deep dive into the numbers turned up one startling finding: nearly 20 percent of Trump's supporters did not approve of freeing slaves in the Confederacy.

YouGov/Economist poll asked respondents if they approved or disapproved of "the executive order that freed all slaves in the states that were in rebellion against the federal government," better known as the Emancipation Proclamation.

Nearly one in five Trump supporters said they disapproved of it, while 17 percent weren't sure.

The Times also notes that 70 percent of Trump's supporters in South Carolina want the Confederate flag to fly once again at their statehouse.

Thirty-eight percent wish the South had won the Civil War.

http://www.wokv.com/news/news/national-govt-politics/poll-20-percent-trump-supporters-disapprove-emanci/nqXmN/

A screenshot from the original poll:
[Image: 022516.jpg]

What does it mean when the most favorable candidate is also found most UNFAVORABLE by almost have the people in the same poll?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I believe the whole poll was asked to people to South Carolina, so it should say 20% of Trump supporters in SC.

I may be wrong, but I saw someone say that on Facebook.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-25-2016, 08:54 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I believe the whole poll was asked to people to South Carolina, so it should say 20% of Trump supporters in SC.

I may be wrong, but I saw someone say that on Facebook.

I don't know about that, but this is the last page of the poll results:

(02-25-2016, 09:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: I don't know about that, but this is the last page of the poll results:

Seems like the sample wasn't limited to SC, so that guy was probably wrong.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I am not a Trump fan, however you can find 20% of most samples that A. are idiots B. don't under stand the question C. All of the above.
in fairness, did it say emancipation proclamation or did it say freed slaves?

because I wouldn't be surprised if 20% didn't know what it meant.
(02-25-2016, 10:30 AM)Benton Wrote: in fairness, did it say emancipation proclamation or did it say freed slaves?

because I wouldn't be surprised if 20% didn't know what it meant.

[Image: 022516a.jpg]
Maybe they are strict constructionists, and felt Lincoln overstepped his powers. I doubt it, but maybe.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-25-2016, 10:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 022516a.jpg]

well that answers that.
In a related story: 50 percent of the threads in this forum are about Trump.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-25-2016, 11:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: In a related story: 50 percent of the threads in this forum are about Trump.*

*Citation needed

Ninja

It has to be less than that with all the transgender and refugee threads.   Mellow
(02-25-2016, 11:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: In a related story: 50 percent of the threads in this forum are about Trump.

Thats an over estimate.  Only four threads have the word Trump in their titles. 

edit: that's on the first page. 6 total on the first two pages.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(02-25-2016, 11:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: *Citation needed

back arrow
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-25-2016, 11:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: In a related story: 50 percent of the threads in this forum are about Trump.

50 percent?

In a related story Trump supporters fail at math.
Quote:White Nationalist David Duke: A Vote Against Trump Is ‘Treason’ (AUDIO)59 Comments

[Image: duke.jpg]AP Photo / BURT STEEL
By[/url]KATHERINE KRUEGERPublishedFEBRUARY 25, 2016, 1:37 PM EST2540 Views

Prominent white nationalist David Duke called for supporters to rally around Republican Donald Trump’s presidential campaign after his wins in Nevada and South Carolina, and said casting a vote for another candidate is “treason.”

Duke, a former Louisiana state representative and grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, said on his Wednesday radio show that Trump is running the “most insurgent campaign in recent American history” and railed against Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL).

“Voting for these people, voting against Donald Trump at this point is really treason to your heritage,” Duke said about Cruz and Rubio, in a segment first [url=http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/david-duke-urges-his-supporters-to-volunteer-and-vote-for-tr#.idBG9xXYz]reported by BuzzFeed news. “I’m not saying I endorse everything about Trump, in fact, I haven’t formally endorsed him. But I do support his candidacy, and I support voting for him as a strategic action.”

He also said Trump’s presidential campaign is “waking up millions of Americans.”

Trump is uniquely positioned to take on the Republican establishment, which Duke characterized as an “enemy to your heritage and your values.”

Duke also issued a call to action for listeners to volunteer on Trump’s campaign.

“I am telling you that it is your job now to get active. Get off your duff. Get off your rear end that’s getting fatter and fatter for many of you every day on your chairs. When this show’s over, go out, call the Republican Party, but call Donald Trump’s headquarters, volunteer,” he said. “They’re screaming for volunteers.”

Duke continued: “You’re gonna meet people who are going to have the same kind of mindset that you have. Educate them.”

Trump has enjoyed strong support from white supremacist groups, but has maintained distancefrom the organizations. One super PAC recently blanketed states with robocalls urging voters not to "vote for a Cuban."

Listen to Duke's remarks about Trump, which begin around the 15-minute mark (via BuzzFeed News):

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/david-duke-vote-for-donald-trump?utm_content=buffer88844&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Right Dino, pin David Duke and the KKK on Trump. That'll come from the lamestream media when Trump gets the nomination.

At least you wont have KKK members threatening voters at polling places. They know the Obama administration wont drop the charges on them.

[Image: 35ba41u.jpg]
(02-27-2016, 12:09 PM)Vlad Wrote: Right Dino, pin David Duke and the KKK on Trump. That'll come from the lamestream media when Trump gets the nomination.

At least you wont have KKK members threatening voters at polling places. They know the Obama administration wont drop the charges on them.

[Image: 35ba41u.jpg]

[Image: 08bfcc8d25af708509b5efcee7fb51e5.gif]
(02-27-2016, 12:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 08bfcc8d25af708509b5efcee7fb51e5.gif]

You obviously cared when you made that ridiculous post.
Love these responses by libs when they have nothing they can say.

No you get no points, and you don't get points for whining about Duke endorsing Trump either.
(02-27-2016, 12:17 PM)Vlad Wrote: You obviously cared when you made that ridiculous post.

I mean about you and what you post.  Mellow
(02-27-2016, 12:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: I mean about you and what you post.  Mellow

I know. Because learning there's another side to the story hurts people like you.