Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Ohio State Buckeyes
In case you didn't know, the biggest QB conundrum in football history is in the making... http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2015/05/53545/qbgeddon-gets-its-own-hype-video-because-why-not
Reply/Quote
Big day for Buckeye fans...

The younger (and by all accounts, better) Bosa committed to Ohio State today

Braxton will be on the field in some capacity, even if he loses QBGeddon. The options, throwbacks, and trick plays available to this offense will be fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
Sweet ! I can't wait to see what happens with the QB situation. Meyer has a lot of thinking/soul searching to do.

Landing another Bosa - just wow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Braxton is officially switching to WR. Stated his shoulder is still sore....
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I saw this and was like whoa.... And then it kinda dawned me, it makes sense. He's coming back from injury, and has loads of talent with the ball in his hands, just getting the ball in their in a different manner.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 08:56 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Braxton is officially switching to WR. Stated his shoulder is still sore....

Smart move. He wont be an NFL qb so if he wants to make the big bucks playing, he needs to use his best strength to do it, running and I guess catching it too. 

Plus he would probably be the 3rd string qb this year behind Jones & Barrett anyways. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 08:56 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Braxton is officially switching to WR. Stated his shoulder is still sore....

he's a hell of an athlete, so you have to get him on the field anyway possible and give him a few touches per game.  Can't have that kind of talent on the bench.

i can't believe how stacked this team is again this year....arghhhh Rant
Reply/Quote
4 guys, most notably Joey Bosa, are suspended for the Va Tech game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
September 7th, Monday Night, ESPN.....Ohio State at Virginia Tech.....
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
According to Vegas the Buckeyes are not only a favorite to win every single regular season game they play this year, but they are favored to win every game by at least 10 points.

No other team is even favored to win all of its games
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 05:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: According to Vegas the Buckeyes are not only a favorite to win every single regular season game they play this year, but they are favored to win every game by at least 10 points.

I particularly liked last season when they weren't even favored to make the playoffs and won the whole damn thing.  
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 05:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: According to Vegas the Buckeyes are not only a favorite to win every single regular season game they play this year, but they are favored to win every game by at least 10 points.

Vtech first is a good thing, but also scary.  Though they have been down, Beamer is an excellent coach and he will have his team ready, and Blacksburg is not an easy venue in which to win.  But we all know this.  Thus with that said.....

Personally I think Meyer probably has been preparing his team for this game since the spring.  Using the loss last year a an insult and motivation.  Being the master motivator that he is, I'm expecting OSU to roll regardless of the things I mentioned above.  I think this will be an ice jump start to the 2015 season.  Hit the ground running as it were.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 06:27 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I particularly liked last season when they weren't even favored to make the playoffs and won the whole damn thing.  

As a fan, I prefer the underdog role. The way things stand, it will be a disappointment to not go 15-0. My head knows that's a totally unreasonable thing to expect, but everyone keeps talking about it anyway.

As for the players, that's a lot of pressure. Being the most talked about team in the country and hearing how much better everyone expects you to be than anyone else will make it easy to be complacent.

For the coaches, there's only so much noise you can keep your players from hearing. Keeping them focused for one game at a time while everyone around them is talking about postseason will be a huge challenge.

I just hope our guys work harder today than anyone else in the country. Tomorrow I'll hope the same thing. And on September 7th, we only have to focus on being better than one team.

Beat VT.
Reply/Quote

This year THE GAME is played AT Michigan.....and in THE GAME you can throw out all the stats and records. I've seen both teams pull off major upsets over each other over the decades. .....Jim Harbaugh knows all about THE GAME. They will be laying for the Bucks in Ann Arbor and the sell out crowd of over 100 thousand.  In fact, ending season with Michigan State and Michigan is tough and I've never seen them on the schedule back to back that I can remember. Well, the first Big 10 Championship Game worked out that way.......I'm rooting for Buckeyes, but it won't be a cake walk, not in the Big 10, and the season gets very rough once the Michigans finish the season and any post season play. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Ohio State has been #1 preseason 8 times.

They have never won a National Championship when they were the preseason #1.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ohio State has been #1 preseason 8 times.

No one who has been the #1 team in the pre season AP pole has went on to win it all, but there is a first time for everything. Just like if I am not mistaken OSU is the first team to ever be the unanimous pre season #1, meaning that every voter in the AP pole voted them at the top.

The reason for this is simple, nearly every key player from last year's team is returning and has that much more experience. It is very rare for a college team with the success OSU had to return as many starters as they are.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad there is an Ohio State game on Labor Day, Monday Night, Sept 7th.....I'm not a big Labor Day person. It's a weekend a lot of people use to put the boat or camper away. The pools close. It's kind of a downer of a holiday....but.....Ohio State playing a real team early in Virginia Tech.....Heck yes, that is my Labor Day right there. ...Get the snacks and pop and whatever ready, bring on THE NATIONAL CHAMPION OHIO STATE BUCKEYES.....we got a game on TV Labor Day night.

Now if I grill out Labor Day... Ekridge jumbo hot dogs, Johnsonville brats, I have ground chuck burgers in the freezer....Grill out early and have great food for the game. # 1 Buckeyes against Virginia Tech many have ranked in Top 25....So it's a good match up for the first game out. ...I need to grill good food or at least have a great pizza....Labor Day grill out sounds like a plan, weather permitting.....The trick on the dogs is to wait until they split. They aren't done until they get a big split in them, dark but not burnt to a crisp...shredded cheese, chili sauce, the works. ...Cheeseburgers....all with good buns, cheap buns ruin the whole thing. ....and Bush's baked beans with Maple and bacon, and adding some Bullseye barbecue sauce to the beans....Man O man, I'm hungry, bring on the game....grill early and have good food to raid the kitchen on during game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ohio State has been #1 preseason 8 times.

Before 2007, no sophomore had ever won a Heisman. Tebow did.

Before 2012, no freshman had ever won a Heisman. Manziel did.

Before 2015, no one had ever rushed for 200 yards against Nick Saban's Alabama defense. Elliott did.

Before 2015, no team had ever been a unanimous preseason #1. Ohio State is.

Preaching about sports history is for chumps. If you feel differently, perhaps I should remind you the Bengals have never won a Super Bowl? Here's a fun one: The Bengals have never won a playoff game with a non-Beatles themed Pope. Should we of bengalsboard.net collectively pack it in until Francis dies and they replace him with Pope John Paul George Ringo?
Reply/Quote
Man, I'm looking forward to Ohio State on Monday Night Football in a few hours....It will be the highlight of my Labor Day weekend......The National Champion Buckeyes are on Monday Night Football...GO BUCKEYES !!!!!
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Wow what a game... Im still not sold on Fickell. I think he is a below average Defensive Coordinator. With the amount of 4/5 star talent they have on that defense I would expect a little better play. He for some reason cant seem to keep these guys playing at a consistent level. They either play lights out, or give up a lot of yards. VT was no way a huge offensive challenge. I wasn't expecting them to pitch a shut out but giving up the wheel route, then the bootleg for touchdowns in the red zone is pretty weak and were results of bad defensive plays.
Reply/Quote