Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Cincinnati Reds season thread
Well if it's too wet for my son to play his game tonight, maybe I'll take him down to see Cueto pitch. Guessing he will get a standing O.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jesus Christ, Cueto can't hit his way out of a paper bag, and gets a two run single.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'm going to reverse jinx this team right into the playoffs. Crap they are only through 3 so I may have jinxed them.

Reply/Quote
How 'bout dem Redlegs sports fans?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Reds are averaging only 22,600 in attendance. They generally draw much better during the Summer, but....
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 06:36 PM)grampahol Wrote: How 'bout dem Redlegs sports fans?

All the records for worst bullpen ever are in serious jeopardy. 
Reply/Quote
How many teams this year can say they are expected to break several MLB records?

The Reds are in a class all their own this season!
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 09:50 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: How many teams this year can say they are expected to break several MLB records?

The Reds are in a class all their own this season!

Yup grabbed another last night.

Reply/Quote
It's because they only have 1 left-handed pitcher in the bullpen. Brian Price is a terrible manager, but he can't play match ups with left handed hitters because Cingrani is all he has.
Reply/Quote
Reds need to go after Ray Searage, the Pirates pitching coach. That dude seems to turn around so many pitchers it's ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 01:22 PM)sheaneal01 Wrote: It's because they only have 1 left-handed pitcher in the bullpen. Brian Price is a terrible manager, but he can't play match ups with left handed hitters because Cingrani is all he has.

Right handed starters get lefties out on a regular basis.  Maybe they should share their secrets with the bullpen.

Reply/Quote
Mesoraco is freaking snakebit... The dude cant catch a break. All the money weve paid him and we got nothing in return.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 09:08 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Mesoraco is freaking snakebit... The dude cant catch a break. All the money weve paid him and we got nothing in return.

Tyler Stephenson era can't get here fast enough. 2018? 
Reply/Quote
Yey..we beat the other worse team in the league again.. I'm so pumped.. zzzzzzzzz...

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 01:44 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Reds need to go after Ray Searage, the Pirates pitching coach. That dude seems to turn around so many pitchers it's ridiculous.
Reds had a pretty good pitching coach, but they blew it when they thought he was manager material. He should have stayed pitching coach and they should have kept Dusty.

Reply/Quote
At least the bullpen streak ended.

Reply/Quote
It's to the point where watching the end of Reds games is entertaining in the sense that you can see JUST how hard baseballs can be hit.
Reply/Quote
They are who we thought they would be.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Remember just a few years ago they talked about how great our pitching stock was in the minor leagues and how we'd blow everyone else away in that department? It was position players we lacked.. Now it seems we lack in both areas..
You just can't say enough about the upper management of the organization now can you?

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 09:06 AM)grampahol Wrote: Reds had a pretty good pitching coach, but they blew it when they thought he was manager material. He should have stayed pitching coach and they should have kept Dusty.

Price is the Reds Dick Le Beau.
Reply/Quote