Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Cincinnati Reds season thread
(05-03-2016, 07:17 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Reds are averaging only 22,600 in attendance.  They generally draw much better during the Summer, but....

I went Thursday (the 5th) and it was sooo empty. Maybe 12k or so... I mean it was pretty bad. Leaving was best I've ever had tho lol.

It will only get worse. I can honestly see them only averaging right around 20k or so for the year seeing how bad they are (worst since the 80s). 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 09:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: At least the bullpen streak ended.

They are now starting a new streak haha.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 12:17 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They are now starting a new streak haha.

They are looking to obliterate the old record set by the Cincinnati Reds back in 2016.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
For some reason we seem to have Pittsburgh's number this season and if we never won another game all season I'd be just fine if we mopped the floor with them the rest the games..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 05:14 PM)grampahol Wrote: For some reason we seem to have Pittsburgh's number this season and if we never won another game all season I'd be just fine if we mopped the floor with them the rest the games..

We're 4-3 against them this season.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 08:55 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We're 4-3 against them this season.

Which is a whole lot better than we are against anyone else so far.. In Redsspeak that's like winning the world series now..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
In innings 1-6, Reds have scored 123 runs and have given up 123 runs.

In innings 7-9, Reds have been out scored 88-34.
Reply/Quote
Ummm...wow. The Indians have scored four touchdowns the last two games.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
This team is a joke I'm done supporting this team until things change
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 05:59 PM)Trademark Wrote: This team is a joke I'm done supporting this team until things change

Wow .. Usually we don't hear that on this board until January ... LOL
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2016, 02:22 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Wow .. Usually we don't hear that on this board until January ... LOL

That's quite an improvement as it used to be late Sept or early Oct.

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2016, 03:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That's quite an improvement as it used to be late Sept or early Oct.

True.  LOL
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Jay Bruce has ever had an opposite field hit in his career. If he has, I missed it.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2016, 11:00 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I wonder if Jay Bruce has ever had an opposite field hit in his career. If he has, I missed it.

Actually, he's been much better at it this year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2016, 12:30 AM)McC Wrote: Actually, he's been much better at it this year.

He has. Not too long ago he went deep to left field. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
What's the record for most losses by a bullpen? I'm thinking this crew could get 75.

Reply/Quote
Well, maybe if NOBODY would go to games and NOBODY watched on teevee the 'braintrust' would be forced to sell the team to someone who actually cares if they win or lose.
I'm waiting for them to start wholesaling off anyone with any talent again for 'prospects' that will never pan out. Hell, make me a starting pitcher at 57 with a bad shoulder.. I doubt that I could do one iota worse than the current bullpen.. So what my fastball is probably 38 mph.. I'd work a lot cheaper than the "stars" they have now.. At least I have a knuckle ball..

Reply/Quote
Pretty outside the box article I found on how to fix get rid of bullpen
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 11:27 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Pretty outside the box article I found on how to fix get rid of bullpen
Better yet put them IN THE BOX and ship them off to the middle east or somewhere..

Reply/Quote
So....
That game was ridiculous...
Reply/Quote