Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
(11-03-2020, 04:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Any favorite commercials?

I've got one from each side.

Amy MCgrath commercial says:  In Mitch's own words,  "She's a Marine, she's a mom and I've been there too long."
I heard that and I'm like he had to have been talking about what her campaign consists of, and yes.  "I think her entire campaign is she's a Marine, she's a mom and I've been there too long."

I'm a little fuzzier on this one because I only heard it once, but I think it was about The New Green Deal where they said if Biden is elected it will cost each family $65,000 a year.  I don't even know what that was based on, but it really made me laugh.

The funniest thing about McGrath is her big opposition to McConnell is "He's been there too long". So she backs a POTUS candidate that has been there since 1972
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why are businesses across the Nation boarding up? Are they afraid how folks will act if Biden wins?

Reply/Quote
KY keeps the most influential Senator in Congress and it wasn't close.

Now if the GOP holds the Senate I gives a damn who wins POTUS outside of entertainment value.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: KY keeps the most influential Senator in Congress and it wasn't close.

Now if the GOP holds the Senate I gives a damn who wins POTUS outside of entertainment value.

That’s a shame. That’s the guy who embodies everything that is wrong with our government. But I expected no less
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 09:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why are businesses across the Nation boarding up? Are they afraid how folks will act if Biden wins?

Following the lead of the prez and White House I suppose?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 09:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why are businesses across the Nation boarding up? Are they afraid how folks will act if Biden wins?

Maybe so. Those militias and boog boys threatening civil war with a Trump loss have some people nervous.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Welp, if Biden plans on making to the white house he ain't getting there via FL.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 10:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Maybe so. Those militias and boog boys threatening civil war with a Trump loss have some people nervous.

Is that what you believe or what you typed?

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 10:04 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That’s a shame. That’s the guy who embodies everything that is wrong with our government.  But I expected no less

Yes!! The only Congressional Leader not from NY or Cali is the problem 

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 10:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Welp, if Biden plans on making to the white house he ain't getting there via FL.

Yeah, he looks to be losing it...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 10:23 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, he looks to be losing it...

Yeah, that one is over.  That certainly opens more roads for Trump.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 10:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, that one is over.  That certainly opens more roads for Trump.

For some reason, I am torturing myself and have like five tabs of election coverage open. The discussion surrounding Florida is about Biden's underperformance with the Latino population, there, which tends to run more conservative than the overall Latino population in the country.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 07:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: There's nothing wrong with reporting it.

But there IS something wrong with reporting it as if it were known to be a threat towards them and then trying to loosely relate it to a completely unrelated horrible situation where 1 disturbed individual sent 1 threatening piece of mail in Maryland.

That's when it crossed the line from reporting an incident to creating their own facts, drawing their own conclusions, and then sensationalizing it. That's not reporting news anymore but fearmongering.

It could be nothing.

But... given the recent plot to kidnap an 'opposing' governor, running Biden campaign busses off the road, armed Trump supporters arrested for intimidation at the polls... maybe it's more than fearmongering?
Reply/Quote
You know, I am sitting here thinking about this election and how frustrated I am at the Democratic party. I don't know who is going to win, yet, but I feel like in all the analyses I read or hear the difficulty in challenging an incumbent isn't fully inserted into the election calculus. This election is being treated like 2016 with Biden instead of Clinton, but Americans love incumbents.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: KY keeps the most influential Senator in Congress and it wasn't close.

McConnell has done little for Kentucky, and less for the country. His bank account is freaking stacked, though, so that's... great.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 10:36 PM)Benton Wrote: It could be nothing.

But... given the recent plot to kidnap an 'opposing' governor, running Biden campaign busses off the road, armed Trump supporters arrested for intimidation at the polls... maybe it's more than fearmongering?

Let's not pretend the Left has done nothing but attend prayer meetings during this cycle. But when the media, takes a story that has no evidence of anyone on the Right doing anything nefarious and transitions with this:

"The Roseville incident is not the only report of threats toward supporters of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and his running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.)."

Then I have to agree with LL's assertion. 

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 10:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You know, I am sitting here thinking about this election and how frustrated I am at the Democratic party. I don't know who is going to win, yet, but I feel like in all the analyses I read or hear the difficulty in challenging an incumbent isn't fully inserted into the election calculus. This election is being treated like 2016 with Biden instead of Clinton, but Americans love incumbents.

Yeah, but I guess "Guy who is less hated than Hillary" seemed liked a good enough shot in itself.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 10:41 PM)Benton Wrote: McConnell has done little for Kentucky, and less for the country. His bank account is freaking stacked, though, so that's... great.

Still stocked he won as a Kentuckian. You're welcome to be mad. 

Reply/Quote
Biden's squad would get a real feel-good moment out of flipping NC and OH, that's for sure.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's not pretend the Left has done nothing but attend prayer meetings during this cycle. But when the media, takes a story that has no evidence of anyone on the Right doing anything nefarious and transitions with this:

"The Roseville incident is not the only report of threats toward supporters of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and his running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.)."

Then I have to agree with LL's assertion. 

Agreed. It's probably just random guys with Trump flags running Biden vehicles off the road, or random admitted alt-right extremists plotting to kidnap Democrats...

Mellow

(11-03-2020, 10:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Still stocked he won as a Kentuckian. You're welcome to be mad. 

Not mad, just very disappointed. 

People keep voting for Mitch even though he hasn't done much for Kentucky. Taxes go up, we've still got the same wages we did 30 years ago, and Kentuckians keep voting for Mitch. He makes money off anti-coal efforts? Pro-Kentucky! He makes money off outsourcing jobs to China? Pro-Kentucky! He doesn't pass any meaningful legislation to provide healthcare access? Pro-Kentucky!
Reply/Quote