Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
(11-03-2020, 10:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You know, I am sitting here thinking about this election and how frustrated I am at the Democratic party. I don't know who is going to win, yet, but I feel like in all the analyses I read or hear the difficulty in challenging an incumbent isn't fully inserted into the election calculus. This election is being treated like 2016 with Biden instead of Clinton, but Americans love incumbents.

It's usually election day when I get most upset at our broke ass two party system
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 10:53 PM)Benton Wrote: Agreed. It's probably just random guys with Trump flags running Biden vehicles off the road, or random admitted alt-right extremists plotting to kidnap Democrats...

Mellow

Not mad, just very disappointed. 

People keep voting for Mitch even though he hasn't done much for Kentucky. Taxes go up, we've still got the same wages we did 30 years ago, and Kentuckians keep voting for Mitch. He makes money off anti-coal efforts? Pro-Kentucky! He makes money off outsourcing jobs to China? Pro-Kentucky! He doesn't pass any meaningful legislation to provide healthcare access? Pro-Kentucky!

I thought my sharing a quote from the article would clue you in to what I was talking about, but apparently you had red herrings to catch. 

Is this when I post the destruction the Left has engaged in or can we talk about the story posted?

Yeah, your Mitch opinion has been made known, but guess nwhat it is...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 10:56 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It's usually election day when I get most upset at our broke ass two party system

Yup, same here.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 10:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, your Mitch opinion has been made known, but guess nwhat it is...

Accurate?

Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 10:56 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It's usually election day when I get most upset at our broke ass two party system

I think the Left tonight feels exactly what the Right felt 4 years ago.

"We had limitless options and this is what we trotted out...Well hell..hope he wins"

I think both sides can take solace in regardless who wins tonight...eerrrr...in the next few weeks, we'll all be voting for 2 different candidates in 2024

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 11:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the Left tonight feels exactly what the Right felt 4 years ago.

"We had limitless options and this is what we trotted out...Well hell..hope he wins"

I think both sides can take solace in regardless who wins tonight...eerrrr...in the next few weeks, we'll all be voting for 2 different candidates in 2024

I think the left in 2016 was more like "We aren't wild about her...but she should win."  Now it's sort of like "We don't hate Biden...unless he loses."
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 11:03 PM)Benton Wrote: Accurate?

Smirk

Sure,,,if only the vast majority of Kentuckians were as accurate as you. 

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 11:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think both sides can take solace in regardless who wins tonight...eerrrr...in the next few weeks, we'll all be voting for 2 different candidates in 2024

As I've said I'm hoping for a total political reboot in 2024.  I just happen to think that is more likely if old ass Biden gets a single term and then is sent to the nut house.  I'm not sure Trump won't spend the next 4 campaigning for Donald Trump Jr. 2024 if he doesn't find a way to simply install his family as some sort of USA version of the royal family.

Well, maybe that's a bit too far.  Maybe.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 10:53 PM)Benton Wrote: Agreed. It's probably just random guys with Trump flags running Biden vehicles off the road, or random admitted alt-right extremists plotting to kidnap Democrats...

Mellow

Not mad, just very disappointed. 

People keep voting for Mitch even though he hasn't done much for Kentucky. Taxes go up, we've still got the same wages we did 30 years ago, and Kentuckians keep voting for Mitch. He makes money off anti-coal efforts? Pro-Kentucky! He makes money off outsourcing jobs to China? Pro-Kentucky! He doesn't pass any meaningful legislation to provide healthcare access? Pro-Kentucky!

Well he did fight to get sanctions lifted on Russia so they could invest in the sham aluminum mill in KY. Pro KY jelly for the rest of America's ass. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 11:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: As I've said I'm hoping for a total political reboot in 2024.  I just happen to think that is more likely if old ass Biden gets a single term and then is sent to the nut house.  I'm not sure Trump won't spend the next 4 campaigning for Donald Trump Jr. 2024 if he doesn't find a way to simply install his family as some sort of USA version of the royal family.

Well, maybe that's a bit too far.  Maybe.

Jr. v.Hunter 2024

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 11:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the Left tonight feels exactly what the Right felt 4 years ago.

I'm hopeful about that. But the chances are growing we get a tea bagger like gym or man from florida gaetz. Or worse a Qmoron like the one Georgia just elected. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 11:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jr. v.Hunter 2024

At least that could be the election where I finally give up on a 3rd party after they fail.
Reply/Quote
Graham holds in SC.

Caring less and less about POTUS

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 11:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Graham holds in SC.

Caring less and less about POTUS

It’s funny all of the Republicans here don’t like Graham much but he ran away in the primary and won the general election.
Reply/Quote
Getting definite 2016 vibes.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 12:05 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Getting definite 2016 vibes.

Yeah, it's early but it's starting to seem like Trump is just immune to polling.  If he wins this it'll be interesting to see if polling is just no longer applicable, or if it's just something Trump managed to throw way off.

I know it hain't over yet, but Biden's inability to take any Trump states thus far doesn't bode well for him.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 12:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, it's early but it's starting to seem like Trump is just immune to polling.  If he wins this it'll be interesting to see if polling is just no longer applicable, or if it's just something Trump managed to throw way off.

I know it hain't over yet, but Biden's inability to take any Trump states thus far doesn't bode well for him.

I think cancel culture and basically shitting completely on anyone that wants to vote for Trump hurts polls.
Reply/Quote
Ain’t gonna know shit until tomorrow at the earliest. Larger populated areas still underreported in PA, Michigan, and Wisconsin. The latter two won’t have final counts until tomorrow. PA may not have counts until Friday.

Comes down to them and Arizona. Biden needs to keep Clinton states and take PA and 2 of the 3.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:42 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ain’t gonna know shit until tomorrow at the earliest. Larger populated areas still underreported in PA, Michigan, and Wisconsin. The latter two won’t have final counts until tomorrow. PA may not have counts until Friday.

Comes down to them and Arizona. Biden needs to keep Clinton states and take PA and 2 of the 3.

Looking like Nostradamus there with your 270 268 prediction.

I'll head to bed cautiously optimistic. Heaps of ballots to be counted still. Hope we know by the end of the week. Hope we avoid the courts.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:51 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Looking like Nostradamus there with your 270 268 prediction.

I'll head to bed cautiously optimistic. Heaps of ballots to be counted still. Hope we know by the end of the week. Hope we avoid the courts.

I had Trump with OH, FL, and PA in that model. Biden with AZ, WI, MI and all of ME.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote