Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Presidential Election
(01-17-2020, 11:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: She married Eric.   Eric.   Mellow

[Image: C2y44F6UsAAkgAy.jpg]

What's wrong with Eric?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/21/politics/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-documentary/index.html

[Image: giphy.gif]

"the culture around him. It's his leadership team. It's his prominent supporters. It's his online Bernie Bros and their relentless attacks on lots of his competitors, particularly the women. And I really hope people are paying attention to that because it should be worrisome that he has permitted this culture — not only permitted, [he] seems to really be very much supporting it."

"He was in Congress for years. He had one senator support him. Nobody likes him, nobody wants to work with him, he got nothing done. He was a career politician. It's all just baloney and I feel so bad that people got sucked into it."

(01-21-2020, 11:32 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/21/politics/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-documentary/index.html

"the culture around him. It's his leadership team. It's his prominent supporters. It's his online Bernie Bros and their relentless attacks on lots of his competitors, particularly the women. And I really hope people are paying attention to that because it should be worrisome that he has permitted this culture — not only permitted, [he] seems to really be very much supporting it."

"He was in Congress for years. He had one senator support him. Nobody likes him, nobody wants to work with him, he got nothing done. He was a career politician. It's all just baloney and I feel so bad that people got sucked into it."
Maybe the DNC should cheat to ensure Bernie doesn't win....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I've seen a ton of Bernie Bros immediately call her a "b**ch" and it's great because they are proving her right

(01-21-2020, 11:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe the DNC should cheat to ensure Bernie doesn't win....

The gop should investigate that.  They love investigations with lots of sworn witness testimony and evidence.  Mellow
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-21-2020, 11:52 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I've seen a ton of Bernie Bros immediately call her a "b**ch" and it's great because they are proving her right

My nephew (18 years old) loves Bernie.  He's ridiculous with it.  Everyone one else is awful, Bernie is the only one fighting for the people.

He uses the exact same Trump supporter logic only applies it to Sanders.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-21-2020, 11:52 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I've seen a ton of Bernie Bros immediately call her a "b**ch" and it's great because they are proving her right

The Bernie Bros have taken over our local Democratic party and it's annoying. There is a lot of infighting in the group these days and the only person willing to chair the committee is too much of a people pleaser to put his foot down over it. I haven't been involved for a while now, but apparently one of the non-Bernie folks told one of the Bernie folks to go **** himself in the middle of a committee meeting and then walked out. There is a Bernie surrogate type here that has run for our House of Delegates seat twice, and so all of the Bernie Bro types line up behind him and they act as you would expect.

The funniest (read: saddest) part about it to me is this person was tasked with finding a woman to run in 2017 because we knew a woman in her 30's-40's with ties to one of the local colleges had the best shot at beating the Republican incumbent, but somehow he ended up being the nominee.

So this is my experience with the Bernie contingent in my area.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-21-2020, 11:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: My nephew (18 years old) loves Bernie.  He's ridiculous with it.  Everyone one else is awful, Bernie is the only one fighting for the people.

He uses the exact same Trump supporter logic only applies it to Sanders.

It really is unfortunate that it has turned to vitriol. 

(01-21-2020, 12:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The Bernie Bros have taken over our local Democratic party and it's annoying. There is a lot of infighting in the group these days and the only person willing to chair the committee is too much of a people pleaser to put his foot down over it. I haven't been involved for a while now, but apparently one of the non-Bernie folks told one of the Bernie folks to go **** himself in the middle of a committee meeting and then walked out. There is a Bernie surrogate type here that has run for our House of Delegates seat twice, and so all of the Bernie Bro types line up behind him and they act as you would expect.

The funniest (read: saddest) part about it to me is this person was tasked with finding a woman to run in 2017 because we knew a woman in her 30's-40's with ties to one of the local colleges had the best shot at beating the Republican incumbent, but somehow he ended up being the nominee.

So this is my experience with the Bernie contingent in my area.

Similar here. The local progressive contingency does not want to play well with others and seems to expect to sit at the head of the table after not being involved ever.

The Bernie backing candidate for county council attacked the incumbent and then got trashed at her own community forum when someone said "I've been to every meeting for the last 20 years. You claim to have lived in our neighborhood for 22 years, but I have never seen you at a single community meeting and now you want to represent our district?".

(01-17-2020, 11:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: C2y44F6UsAAkgAy.jpg]

What's wrong with Eric?

He's got more gum than Trident?

I don't know, I'm just asking.

Mellow
(01-21-2020, 09:03 PM)Benton Wrote: He's got more gum than Trident?

I don't know, I'm just asking.

Mellow

He's the poster boy for being adopted
People suck
John Delaney dropped out. Didn't know he was still running

[Image: H7pskZT.png]

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dnc-scraps-donor-threshold-nevada-debate-opening-door/story?id=68673875&fbclid=IwAR34Md2ialu2Hsk0HueN5RJSSQP1eNw32Lo02r9Bv07OQmwCz0sknndKWEw

The DNC is scrapping fundraising requirements for their Nevada debate. The move would allow Bloomberg, who isn't raising any money, to get on the debate stage by reaching certain polling numbers. Candidates can also qualify by getting a delegate from Iowa or New Hampshire (Bloomberg isn't on the ballot in those early states).

This was met with criticism from multiple campaigns, including Sanders and Steyer. Steyer knocked the DNC for accommodation Bloomberg but not form accommodating minority candidates who were struggling to meet the minimum number of unique donors required for the previous debates. Sanders blasted the DNC as saying this is the kind of move that comes off as rigging a primary.

Klobuchar welcomed Bloomberg, saying he should be on stage instead of just running ads. Let him actually speak to voters. Bloomberg has spent $188m since November (more than twice what Bernie spent in all of 2019) with $132m of it going into TV ads.

Two things were true well before last night: Iowa shouldn’t be the first state to vote and caucuses are a bad idea.

It’s interesting seeing all of the Trump supporters repeating misinformation, claiming it’s all rigged, and calling candidates names like “rat” and “Mayor Cheat”

*checks notes*

Wait those are Bernie supporters.

(02-04-2020, 01:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Two things were true well before last night: Iowa shouldn’t be the first state to vote and caucuses are a bad idea.

It’s interesting seeing all of the Trump supporters repeating misinformation, claiming it’s all rigged, and calling candidates names like “rat” and “Mayor Cheat”

*checks notes*

Conspiracy theories are born of lack of information and lack of transparency.

I think Bernie supporters are just overcorrecting for what happened in 2016. They're convinced everything is a con or cover up to keep Bernie from winning the nomination.

Full disclosure, I am a Bernie supporter and I notice that the mainstream media and DNC definitely are not fans of Bernie and are trying to undermine him and convince people not to vote for him at nearly every turn.

But I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theories.
(02-04-2020, 01:53 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Conspiracy theories are born of lack of information and lack of transparency.

I think Bernie supporters are just overcorrecting for what happened in 2016. They're convinced everything is a con or cover up to keep Bernie from winning the nomination.

Full disclosure, I am a Bernie supporter and I notice that the mainstream media and DNC definitely are not fans of Bernie and are trying to undermine him and convince people not to vote for him at nearly every turn.

But I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theories.

Seems like what you are describing is people conspiring against Mr. Sanders.  Does your observation not count as a theory on conspiracy?  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(02-04-2020, 01:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Two things were true well before last night: Iowa shouldn’t be the first state to vote and caucuses are a bad idea.

*checks notes*

Amen.  

I wonder if Biden will end up in fourth when it's all figured out.  I assumed he was the front runner.  I've already decided that I will vote for him if he wins.  Never voted for a Democrat for President, but I assume he will put people in positions that know what they are doing even if I don't agree with them, and the entertainment value of he being President cannot be overstated. So I don't feel I'm being irresponsible by voting for entertainment knowing that he understands how Washington works, and will be backed by competent people.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-04-2020, 02:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems like what you are describing is people conspiring against Mr. Sanders.  Does your observation not count as a theory on conspiracy?  Ninja

I wouldn't call it conspiring. At least not in the classical sense. It's just blatant disdain. Comparisons to McGovern (and why that makes him unelectable), that line of questioning regarding Bernie and Warren's conversation on a woman being president, this silly nonsense. the whole thing with Hillary trying to blame Bernie for her loss even though he made 39 campaign stops for her in the final 2 months of her campaign.

A conspiracy generally requires doing something behind the scenes, which I don't think the DNC is really doing to Bernie. It's not illegal to criticize candidates, obviously, but there's a definite bias against Bernie in both the DNC and the media and I think Bernie supporters are just kind of sick of it.

*checks notes*

I've noticed you have the tendency to characterize Sanders' supporters negatively. Personally, I think his supporters are a young, diverse, and energized bunch. They believe in his vision and authenticity. They see a foresighted person with an established voting history going way back. 

Of course there are grifters in any movement, but I wouldn't feel negatively about being associated with Sanders' supporters at all. The driving force of his base is the kind of thing that gives me hope.
(02-04-2020, 02:50 PM)treee Wrote: I've noticed you have the tendency to characterize Sanders' supporters negatively. Personally, I think his supporters are a young, diverse, and energized bunch. They believe in his vision and authenticity. They see a foresighted person with an established voting history going way back. 

Of course there are grifters in any movement, but I wouldn't feel negatively about being associated with Sanders' supporters at all. The driving force of his base is the kind of thing that gives me hope.

Most Bernie supporters are great. His online base, the Bernie Bro’s, is horrendous.

Whether it’s Twitter, Reddit, or Facebook, they’re promoting conspiracy theories about the reason for the delay, falsely claiming Buttigieg funded it, and calling Pete “rat” and “Mayor Cheat”.

It’s worthy of condemnation. It undermines the process and plays into Trump and Russia’s shared narrative. It ignores the fact that maybe it wasn’t rigged, maybe Pete’s strategy of focusing on having a captain at nearly every district was the right play in a caucus, given the data released on social media that Pete gained the most in the realignment round. He played the delegate game and it appears he’ll be able to claim victory later today.

No it’s easier to say it’s rigged. Just like how the poll 2 days before was obviously canceled because Bernie won it...

(02-04-2020, 02:05 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Amen.  

I wonder if Biden will end up in fourth when it's all figured out.  I assumed he was the front runner.  I've already decided that I will vote for him if he wins.  Never voted for a Democrat for President, but I assume he will put people in positions that know what they are doing even if I don't agree with them, and the entertainment value of he being President cannot be overstated. So I don't feel I'm being irresponsible by voting for entertainment knowing that he understands how Washington works, and will be backed by competent people.  

Iowa was never his state. He’s been focus on Super Tuesday since the start.