Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Presidential Election
(05-03-2020, 06:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Don't forget to say she's too ugly to sexually assault.  Works for Trump with his supporters.

Or maybe tell everyone she's mad because she's on her period.
(05-03-2020, 06:15 PM)samhain Wrote: It's fair game in any legal proceeding, as it was with Blasey Ford.  If the accusation moves forward in any significant way, it's a matter of time.  Maybe we can find out she's afraid to fly on airplanes and make fun of her or something.  

Or maybe we could just take the MAGA route, call her fake news, phone in some death threats from the base, then sue her until she's got no choice but to recant or live on the street.

I was just giving you the term. But all that you wrote was cool 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-03-2020, 07:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was just giving you the term. But all that you wrote was cool 

Keep on keepin' it snarky, bro.  
(05-03-2020, 06:15 PM)samhain Wrote: It's fair game in any legal proceeding, as it was with Blasey Ford.  If the accusation moves forward in any significant way, it's a matter of time.  Maybe we can find out she's afraid to fly on airplanes and make fun of her or something.  

Or maybe we could just take the MAGA route, call her fake news, phone in some death threats from the base, then sue her until she's got no choice but to recant or live on the street.

(05-03-2020, 07:46 PM)samhain Wrote: Keep on keepin' it snarky, bro.  
Sure
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

To me the big difference between the allegations against Biden and Kavanaugh is that Biden and Democrats are not opposed to an investigation. The charges against Kavanaugh did not much supporting evidence, and I did not say we should automatically believe the accuser. My biggest problem at that time was that the Republicans were opposed to even investigating he claims.
(05-04-2020, 01:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To me the big difference between the allegations against Biden and Kavanaugh is that Biden and Democrats are not opposed to an investigation.  The charges against Kavanaugh did not much supporting evidence, and I did not say we should automatically believe the accuser.  My biggest problem at that time was that the Republicans were opposed to even investigating he claims.

Kavanaugh's tone is also different, particularly his tantrum during his Senate hearing blaming Democrats and the Clintons for allegations against him. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/what-74-former-biden-staffers-think-about-tara-reades-allegations

Quote:What 74 former Biden staffers think about Tara Reade’s allegations

Politics May 15, 2020 8:28 AM EDT

Over his decades-long career in the Senate, former Vice President Joe Biden was known as a demanding but fair and family-oriented boss, devoted to his home life in Delaware and committed to gender equality in his office.

He was not on a list of “creepy” male senators that female staffers told each other to avoid in the elevators on Capitol Hill.

Yet Biden, now the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, was also a toucher, seemingly oblivious to whether physical contact made some women uncomfortable. That behavior has persisted in recent years. Biden is now facing fresh scrutiny after a former aide in March charged that he sexually assaulted her when she worked in his Senate office in the early 1990s, an allegation Biden has categorically denied.

The PBS NewsHour spoke with 74 former Biden staffers, of whom 62 were women, in order to get a broader picture of his behavior toward women over the course of his career, how they see the new allegation, and whether there was evidence of a larger pattern.

None of the people interviewed said that they had experienced sexual harassment, assault or misconduct by Biden. All said they never heard any rumors or allegations of Biden engaging in sexual misconduct, until the recent assault allegation made by Tara Reade. Former staffers said they believed Reade should be heard, and acknowledged that their experiences do not disprove her accusation.

In all, the NewsHour tried to contact nearly 200 former staffers of Biden’s, based primarily on public records of his time in the Senate and White House and also from interviews with current campaign advisers. They include former interns and senior aides, from his 1972 Senate campaign through his time at the White House.

Democratic Senator Carol Moseley Braun of Illinois, Dianne Feinstein of California, and Joe Biden of Delaware. November 13, 1993 (Photo by Maureen Keating/CQ Roll Call via Getty Images)
Some are still in politics, others left long ago to pursue other careers. They were asked about Reade’s allegation but also whether they, or anyone they know, were ever uncomfortable around Biden. Many said that her sexual assault allegation was at odds with their knowledge of Biden’s behavior toward women.

The interviews revealed previously unreported details about the Biden office when Reade worked there, such as an account that she lost her job because of her poor performance, not as retaliation for lodging complaints about sexual harassment, as Reade has said.

Other recollections from former staffers corroborated things she has described publicly, such as Biden’s use of the Senate gym and a supervisor admonishing her for dressing inappropriately.

Overall, the people who spoke to the NewsHour described largely positive and gratifying experiences working for Biden, painting a portrait of someone who was ahead of his time in empowering women in the workplace.

“The one thing about Joe Biden is, he is a man of the highest character and that’s why these accusations are so surreal and just can’t comport with the man I worked with,” said Marcia Lee Taylor, a senior policy advisor on the Judiciary Committee, where women held leading roles when Biden served as chairman.

But he had blindspots, which Biden himself has publicly acknowledged, when it came to how his interactions with women in public could make them uncomfortable.

Reade declined the NewsHour’s interview request but her attorney, Doug Wigdor, sent detailed answers to a number of questions by email. He wrote that Biden’s public touching is evidence that he could have mistreated his client in the way she claims.

“I don’t think anyone would describe these situations as normal,” Wigdor wrote. “They are troublesome, to say the least.”

Many former Biden staffers said they believe Reade’s allegation is false.

Much more at the link.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-04-2020, 01:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To me the big difference between the allegations against Biden and Kavanaugh is that Biden and Democrats are not opposed to an investigation.  The charges against Kavanaugh did not much supporting evidence, and I did not say we should automatically believe the accuser.  My biggest problem at that time was that the Republicans were opposed to even investigating he claims.
(05-04-2020, 02:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Kavanaugh's tone is also different, particularly his tantrum during his Senate hearing blaming Democrats and the Clintons for allegations against him. 

Other differences:

Biden will not likely use the too-ugly-to-assault defense.

Has Reade been publicly harassed yet by "liberal" reporters delving into her past, searching for anything to discredit her? Has she had to move yet because of the harassing phone calls and death threats?

My interest is in how Trump supporters/defenders construct equivalences between Biden and Trump, now that Biden is "just as bad."

Those who do not immediately assent to equivalence--Will this be more "proof' that condemnation of Trump for two dozen allegations of assault and continuous public denigration of women who criticized him was always just partisanship and "hypocrisy"? Assault is ok when it's their guy? ("ok" meaning they wait for investigation rather than condemning Biden immediately.)
(05-15-2020, 04:28 PM)Dill Wrote: Other differences:

Has Reade been publicly harassed yet by "liberal" reporters delving into her past, searching for anything to discredit her? Has she had to move yet because of the harassing phone calls and death threats?

My interest is in how Trump supporters/defenders construct equivalences between Biden and Trump, now that Biden is "just as bad."  

Those who do not immediately assent to equivalence--Will this be more "proof' that condemnation of Trump for two dozen allegations of assault and continuous public denigration of women who criticized him was always just partisanship and "hypocrisy"?  Assault is ok when it's their guy? ("ok" meaning they wait for investigation rather than condemning Biden immediately.)

I don't think you have to look very deep on this one.  People don't want the guy they support to be bad and they want the guy they are against to be bad so they'll just use what they want to be true to color their thinking.  I don't think it goes any deeper than that. Biden is ok to liberals because he's gotta beat Trump and Trump is way more into being a sex offender and Trump is ok to neo-cons because he was kidding about being really really happy about being a total creep and the women after him are just trying to ruin him.

And if you need further proof we can just round up a bunch of Bengals fans who hate the #meetoo movement and think it's a crime that women can so easily ruin a man's life with baseless accusations and ask them how often they refer to Ben Rothelisberger as a rapist.
(05-15-2020, 04:28 PM)Dill Wrote: Other differences:

Those who do not immediately assent to equivalence--Will this be more "proof' that condemnation of Trump for two dozen allegations of assault and continuous public denigration of women who criticized him was always just partisanship and "hypocrisy"? Assault is ok when it's their guy? ("ok" meaning they wait for investigation rather than condemning Biden immediately.)

https://medium.com/@eddiekrassenstein/tara-reades-possible-russian-connections-outlined-f70ed9e43dfa

Don’t know the web site. Didn’t do any research. But if I was wearing a maggot hat I would chalk this up to “liberal” reporters trying to discredit her. If I was wearing any hat other than a maggot hat and was able to count to 3 the information in the article would make me think.
(05-15-2020, 09:57 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: https://medium.com/@eddiekrassenstein/tara-reades-possible-russian-connections-outlined-f70ed9e43dfa

Don’t know the web site. Didn’t do any research. But if I was wearing a maggot hat I would chalk this up to “liberal” reporters trying to discredit her. If I was wearing any hat other than a maggot hat and was able to count to 3 the information in the article would make me think.

Yeah, I tend to agree with you. It doesn't have the "MAGA" tone. It lets the posted information raise the questions, eschews adjectival arguments.

Surprising, if all those tweets and posts are originals and properly attributed.
(05-15-2020, 05:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think you have to look very deep on this one.  People don't want the guy they support to be bad and they want the guy they are against to be bad so they'll just use what they want to be true to color their thinking.  I don't think it goes any deeper than that.  Biden is ok to liberals because he's gotta beat Trump and Trump is way more into being a sex offender and Trump is ok to neo-cons because he was kidding about being really really happy about being a total creep and the women after him are just trying to ruin him.

And if you need further proof we can just round up a bunch of Bengals fans who hate the #meetoo movement and think it's a crime that women can so easily ruin a man's life with baseless accusations and ask them how often they refer to Ben Rothelisberger as a rapist.

However, if we sit down and list evidence based on Biden's and Trump's own statements, and on the testimony of their accusers. its not like the lists are of equal length and similar quality. Accusations of sexual ASSAULT would run about 24 to 1, right?

Then we could make another list of how many voters would support Biden if he said an accuser was too ugly to rape or that women will let you grab p if you are a celebrity or publicly degraded specific woman, including another candidate's wife, as ugly, stupid or "bleeding" from somewhere. And how many would support Trump if he said such things.

The list for Biden would not be very long; he'd be dead as a Dem candidate.  The list for Trump could top 60 million, enough to win a presidential election if votes for the other side are suppressed.
(05-15-2020, 09:57 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: https://medium.com/@eddiekrassenstein/tara-reades-possible-russian-connections-outlined-f70ed9e43dfa

Medium is a mix of freelance reporting and blogs. In this case, they’re legit journalist whose work is hosted on the platform.

(05-15-2020, 05:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote:  Biden is ok to liberals because he's gotta beat Trump and Trump is way more into being a sex offender

LOL

(05-17-2020, 12:39 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: LOL

Can Trump supporters actually criticize Biden for this?

See, this is what I don't get.

Biden is maybe creepy. There's not anything more than hugging and smelling people's hair, which is legitimately maybe creepy.

Trump gets lap dances from his daughter, admits to sexual assault and has dozens of sexual misconduct allegations, but he gets a pass?
(05-17-2020, 03:29 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Can Trump supporters actually criticize Biden for this?

(05-17-2020, 03:46 AM)Benton Wrote: See, this is what I don't get.

Biden is maybe creepy. There's not anything more than hugging and smelling people's hair, which is legitimately maybe creepy.

Trump gets lap dances from his daughter, admits to sexual assault and has dozens of sexual misconduct allegations, but he gets a pass?

Well Trump Jr called Biden a pedophile in a tweet so....

Literally Trump supporters thinks this is "fair" because for four years people have posted and written about actual things that Trump has said and done so they can imply all kinds of things.

But I did read that the internal GOP stuff is showing that none of this sticks with any possible swing voter.  No one cares, especially when compared to Trump.

The look on that girl's face looked just like the look Joe Burrow had on his just being in the same room as Donald Trump... "Got the greatest economy we've ever had Joe!!! We've got the greatest military. We rebuilt it. We took out those terrorists like... Like your football team would've took out those terrorists... Right?".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-17-2020, 03:29 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Can Trump supporters actually criticize Biden for this?

Apparently if you grab them directly by the *****, or they are relatives, it doesn't count.  Also allegedly banging 13-year old with Epstein is less creepy than allegedly being creepy.  I hope this helps.
Things must be bad in the Trump bubble as everyone's favorite "turd blossom" was at the WH last week and is making the FOX rounds spreading his particular kind of racist political commentary.

Hopefully KArl Rove is someone people know and not some unknown twitter person. Mellow