Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2022 Starting Offensive Line
It is not necessary who you want but who you think they will be.

Fill out the 5 positions with who you think will be the Opening day starting 5 for 2022.

Here is my prediction.

LT - Jonah Williams (I was tempted with a Jonah Williams trade for Tunsil)
LG - Connor Williams
C - Ryan Jensen
RG - Jackson Carmen
RT - Trent Brown

We will come back to this thread at a later date to see if any one got it right.

Good luck!
Reply/Quote
Alright, I will do mine...

LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Jackson Carman (will compete with D'Ante Smith and an early Draft pick)
C - Brian Allen
RG - Austin Corbett
RT - Morgan Moses
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 04:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Alright, I will do mine...

LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Jackson Carman (will compete with D'Ante Smith and an early Draft pick)
C - Bryan Allen
RG - Austin Corbett
RT - Morgan Moses

Except for Allen, this is exact what I projected in my mock (plug plug plug plug lol)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just my opinion but most of you are predicting 3 FA’s for the OL and spending around $28 million. I think that’s very optimistic. Wish it was realistic but I fear it’s not. Add Bates and Uzomah for $20 million. They will hold back around 7 million like last year for in season maneuverability that leaves little for another 15 roster spots. In fact none.
Reply/Quote
LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Jackson Carman
C - Brian Allen
RG - Dylan Parham
RT- Morgan Moses
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 05:00 PM)Synric Wrote: LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Jackson Carman
C - Brian Allen
RG - Dylan Parham
RT- Morgan Moses

Parham eh?  What round would you have us taking him in? (assume 2nd; I haven't read earlier pages of this thread).   Assuming you followed the Senior Bowl too lol?   Parham seems like an awesome fit for our offense given the scheme he played in @ college.  I would love to land him and hope he stays quasi- under the radar, altho I could see his stock climbing.  
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 04:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Just my opinion but most of you are predicting 3 FA’s for the OL and spending around $28 million. I think that’s very optimistic. Wish it was realistic but I fear it’s not. Add Bates and Uzomah for $20 million. They will hold back around 7 million like last year for in season maneuverability that leaves little for another 15 roster spots. In fact none.

Release Waynes, Hopkins, Perine, Gaillard, Spence, Williams, and Prince is another $22 million in cap space.

When you factor in the rookie contracts displacing players in the top 53, you'll get a little more cap space.

They are around $49M right now and can add another $22 million easily for $71M in cap space.
Reply/Quote
LT: Terron Armstead
LG: Jonah Williams (Move from LT)
C: Ryan Jensen
RG: Brandon Scherff
RT: Daniel Faalele
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 05:07 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Parham eh?  What round would you have us taking him in? (I haven't read earlier pages of this thread).   Assuming you followed the Senior Bowl too lol?   Parham seems like an awesome fit for our offense given the scheme he played in @ college.  I would love to land him and hope he stays quasi- under the radar, altho I could see his stock climbing.  

I was pushing him before the Senior Bowl lol. He is explosive out of his stance, plays with great leverage, gets to the second level, and has good vision. He's also very technically sound that showed up at the Senior Bowl against top competition and at a new position (Center).

He's like a Tyler Linderbaum lite but showed up at the Senior Bowl at 313lbs and with 33.5 inch arms. I see him at the bottom of the second round for the Bengals.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Williams- LT
Carman-LG
Bozeman- C
Zion Johnson-RG
Moses-RT

Would rather have James Daniels at RG, but i only see 2 FA being signed for the OL.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 05:22 PM)Synric Wrote: I was pushing him before the Senior Bowl lol. He is explosive out of his stance, plays with great leverage, gets to the second level, and has good vision. He's also very technically sound that showed up at the Senior Bowl against top competition and at a new position (Center).

He's like a Tyler Linderbaum lite but showed up at the Senior Bowl at 313lbs and with 33.5 inch arms. I see him at the bottom of the second round for the Bengals.

What do you think of Cole Strange? Mid to late round developmental IOL.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 05:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What do you think of Cole Strange? Mid to late round developmental IOL.

Not much. He was up and down at the Senior Bowl but did have some flashes it was reported he came off as very very intelligent.

Hes out of like Chattanooga lol. I dont think many people know much about him other than what we seen during that week.

Reply/Quote
This is the unlikely line up I'd like to see

LT J. Williams
LG L. Tomlinson
C Ben Jones
RG J. Daniels, not sure they can pry him away from Chicago, maybe A. Corbett if they can't
RT M. Moses

If PFF's contract projections hold true, the Bengals can afford them. And more.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 05:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Not much. He was up and down at the Senior Bowl but did have some flashes it was reported he came off as very very intelligent.

Hes out of like Chattanooga lol. I dont think many people know much about him other than what we seen during that week.

I know he needs to get bigger and stronger, but I've read he has the movement skills Pollack is looking for.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 04:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Just my opinion but most of you are predicting 3 FA’s for the OL and spending around $28 million.

But since they all include a new center they could make it work by releasing Hopkins.

Not saying I predict that to happen.  Just saying that they could make it work.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 05:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Release Waynes, Hopkins, Perine, Gaillard, Spence, Williams, and Prince is another $22 million in cap space.

But you also create 7 new holes in our roster.

Right now I don't believe we even have 51 players under contract.
Reply/Quote
LT- Jonah Williams
LG-Laken Tomlinson
C-Trey Hopkins
RG-Jackson Carman
RT-Trent Brown
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 05:00 PM)Synric Wrote: LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Jackson Carman
C - Brian Allen
RG - Dylan Parham
RT- Morgan Moses

I'd definitely have your guards switch sides.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 05:32 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Williams- LT
Carman-LG
Bozeman- C
Zion Johnson-RG
Moses-RT

Would rather have James Daniels at RG, but i only see 2 FA being signed for the OL.

this one makes the most sense to me
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 05:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd definitely have your guards switch sides.

Jackson Carman actually had one of his best games of the year vs the Browns at LG and Parham looks to be at his best on the right side (played RT then RG his last two years.)

I know you're going by size but I'm going by footwork.

Reply/Quote