Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 NFL Combine
Looks like the schedule is as follows starting with today...all being broadcast by NFL network

March 2nd..DL, LB...3-8
March 3rd..DB, PK, ST...3-8
March 4th...QB, WR, TE...1-8
March 5th...OL, RB...1-7
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You can tell it's been a nightmare week for me I forgot the Combine workouts started today I had to drive back up the Hill to start my DVR.

Looking forward to some of the testing today in DL and Linebacker. Jack Campbell and Noal Sewell's agility scores are high on my lost of things I'm looking for.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2023, 11:19 AM)ochocincos Wrote: True, but that cap has to stay on the books until that date. Mixon can still be designated for that and let go prior, but the cap stays.
As such, waiting until June 1 for the cap to come off could limit what the Bengals do in FA.

But if the goal is to not spend to the cap in FA and use more money for extension to Burrow (and Higgins?), that extra $2.8 mill could come in handy.

Ah, that is the caveat that I didn't fully understand.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Expected Kancey to weigh in small but 6'1 281 30 5/8 inch arms and a 72 inch wingspan.

Lukas Van Ness one of my favorite prospects came in at almost perfect weigh in 6'5 272 34 inch arms lol. If you take Sam Hubbard and Trey Hendrickson and mash them into one player you'd get Lukas Van Ness.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2023, 04:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Expected Kancey to weigh in small but 6'1 281 30 5/8 inch arms and a 72 inch wingspan.

Lukas Van Ness one of my favorite prospects came in at almost perfect weigh in 6'5 272 34 inch arms lol. If you take Sam Hubbard and Trey Hendrickson and mash them into one player you'd get Lukas Van Ness.

What about Zach Harrison 6'5" 274 36.25" arms over 85" wingspan?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2023, 04:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What about Zach Harrison 6'5" 274 36.25" arms over 85" wingspan?

Yea Harrison is expected to test extremely well. 

Question did Ohio State change DL coaches recently? I watched Harrison and I was disappointed with his hand counters. I'm not saying he's bad he's not it's just I'm so used to Ohio State Defensive Linemen to be so refined with their hand techniques even the ones that arent drafted high.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2023, 05:06 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea Harrison is expected to test extremely well. 

Question did Ohio State change DL coaches recently? I watched Harrison and I was disappointed with his hand counters. I'm not saying he's bad he's not it's just I'm so used to Ohio State Defensive Linemen to be so refined with their hand techniques even the ones that arent drafted high.

Still Larry Johnson, not sure about his understudies and grad assistants.  Odd that you noticed that about Harrison, my dad and I expected bigger things out of him last season as well.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I've seen the Breese kid outta Clemson all over RD1 in Mock Drafts. He had good measurables and a respectable sub 5.0 (4.93) forty for a guy over 300 lbs.

I've been researching the 3-Tech outta Wisconsin (Benton) he measured in a little bigger than Breese but a step slower (5.13) in the forty
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2023, 05:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've seen the Breese kid outta Clemson all over RD1 in Mock Drafts. He had good measurables and a respectable sub 5.0 (4.93) forty for a guy over 300 lbs.

I've been researching the 3-Tech outta Wisconsin (Benton) he measured in a little bigger than Breese but a step slower (5.13) in the forty

I've been tracking the 10 yard splits and only 3 DT's hit that elusive 1.72 mark. Kancey Bresee and Dante Stills... all 3 are under 300 lol.

Edit: oops I missed Jalen Redmond. Hes the 4th.

Reply/Quote
Nesta Jade Silvera didnt run spectacular more average but I like his feet in the drills short quick controlled steps.

He's a guy I havent watched much of just a few Senior Bowl reps.

Reply/Quote
Oh wow did anyone see Bryan Bresee dip and rip? Dude was nearly on the turf when he dipped the exploded out was awesome.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2023, 04:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ah, that is the caveat that I didn't fully understand.  

That's always been my understanding of it, at least.
If that's actually correct, someone please let me (us) know.
But logically it makes sense because what would the detriment be to a June 1 cut otherwise? lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
WVU boy Dante Stills is having a decent combine. Probably went from UDFA to mid day 3. Played way out of position the last two years at WVU alot of NT since his brother Darius left school. He fits a multiple front system wouldn't surprise me if he ends up a Raven which would suck.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2023, 05:34 PM)Synric Wrote: I've been tracking the 10 yard splits and only 3 DT's hit that elusive 1.72 mark. Kancey Bresee and Dante Stills... all 3 are under 300 lol.

Edit: oops I missed Jalen Redmond. Hes the 4th.

Kid outta Northwestern is working with the DEs but he's as big as those dudes. He ran very well
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Oh wow what a start to the edge rushers Adebowore an outside to inside guy that just a ran a 1.61 4.54 40 at 282. Bigger longer stronger than Kancey with position versatility.

Reply/Quote
Nolan Smith had an amazing time for even a stack linebacker let alone a edge tweener. He's faster than both Bengals starting linebackers.

Edit: Was an unofficial 4.44 but its officially a 4.39. And why the new timer guy is not good lol.

Reply/Quote
I wonder if Nolan Smith will do the Linebacker drills too? He's 6'2.5ish 240ish where would he play for the Bengals specifically?

Reply/Quote
Byron Young from Tennessee has had a great process so far.. This DL class is so deep and talented.

Reply/Quote
I havent done a ton of DL yet (I've been hitting the skill positions especially running back which I havent had a chance to do in a few years lol) but Adetomiwa Adebawore has skyrocketed to the top of my list of guys to watch. 6'2 short squat build 282lbs with almost 34 inch arms. He was been a smooth explosive mover today.

Bengals like their tweeters.

Reply/Quote
Draft seems like the best place to pick up a running back to replace Mixon. Lots of good backs this year.
Reply/Quote