Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 NFL Combine
Y’all been seeing all these damn d linemen running 4.5s 4.4s and 4.3s?

The o line position is gonna have to evince within the next decade to keep up with these alien athletes
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2023, 07:41 PM)Synric Wrote: I wonder if Nolan Smith will do the Linebacker drills too? He's 6'2.5ish 240ish where would he play for the Bengals specifically?

We’d find somewhere.

He’d probably come in as ADG backup unless he just astounded at camp. I could see him being key against Lamar Jackson and Watson
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2023, 09:03 PM)Housh Wrote: We’d find somewhere.

He’d probably come in as ADG backup unless he just astounded at camp. I could see him being key against Lamar Jackson and Watson

I'd say the NW freak pushing up the middle while Sam contains may be better.

I'm now just trying to imagine the rush with Trey, AA Reader (assuming they don't take him off on a rushing down due to potential draws) and Ossai with Sam covering the backer role as a spy/zone cover spot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2023, 09:00 PM)Housh Wrote: Y’all been seeing all these damn d linemen running 4.5s 4.4s and 4.3s?

The o line position is gonna have to evince within the next decade to keep up with these alien athletes

What's crazy is we are seeing the stack linebackers run in the high 4.5s and 4.6s at 225 to 230 after watching that DL group. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Yea... the new unofficial timer guy needs fired. He has been almost consistently half a second off on every 40 yard dash.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Drew Sanders looked better transitioning than I expected I had him pegged as a forward mover gonna have to go rewatch.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2023, 10:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea... the new unofficial timer guy needs fired. He has been almost consistently half a second off on every 40 yard dash.

Hmm, I was always under the assumption that combine times were like the Olympics, completely electronic.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2023, 11:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I was always under the assumption that combine times were like the Olympics, completely electronic.

The NFL Network has a guy that hand times for their unoffical times they put up live. It was Charley Casserly for years but the last couple they've had someone new. The Offical Times are electronic. I was just pointing out live the unoffical times were way off compared to Casserly. 

Reply/Quote
https://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker/live-results/bench-press/all-positions/all-colleges/

Looks like they bench press the following day. Here is today's results from yesterday's participants.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2023, 01:25 PM)Goalpost Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker/live-results/bench-press/all-positions/all-colleges/

Looks like they bench press the following day.  Here is the results from yesterday's participants.

They've changed it all up this year. Usually the Olinemen go first
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
A couple good LBs yesterday:

Trent Simpson had a good day yesterday, Came in will good size at 6'2" 235 and looked smooth in the drills. All he did on the measuables was run and lift, but he was great at both> 4.43 forty and 25 reps

Trent is considered 1st round talent but a kid who was not is Owen Pappoe. LB outta Auburn. A little undersized at 6'0" 225 but definitely not weak. Kid put up 29 reps and ran a 4.39 forty. May wanna go back and look at him and see if he has the sand to stay at LB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Really happy about the DB and LB depth of this class. Hits us right in the needs.
Reply/Quote
I....I have added another Purdue player to study....Cory Trice 6'3" 4.47 speed. Gridiron Grading on twitter has him as a top 10 prospect. Not sure how they do their grading so want to watch him myself.
Reply/Quote
I realize that grading sites vary, but some guys who were borderline day 1 picks who have done well that 1 would be ok with drafting...

Nolan Smith Edge
Calijah Kancey DT
Trenton Simpson LB
Deonte Banks CB

Even if these guys get picked earlier, that's a good thing, because it then pushes other players down to our spot.
Reply/Quote
As mentioned in another thread Bryce Ford-Weaton was going to test well. He's 6'4 221 33 1/2 inch arms. He had a 41 inch vert a 10.9 broad and just ran an unofficial 4.38 which so far is faster than Zay Flowers, Josh Downs, Boutte, Jalin Hyatt...

Reply/Quote
Can Anthony Richardson play Tight End?  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2023, 10:08 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm interested in the TE position group since it is a position the Bengals might need to improve or add some depth. There appears to be many talented players in the '23 group. Perhaps the Bengals draft one of them.

Just saw we have looked at TE's and RB's more than any other positions. Think we draft one of each. 2 guys I like at both positions are
Whyle the TE and Bixby the RB. Getting these guys would be fantastic after Darnell Wright at 28 IMO.
Reply/Quote
I see you Brenton Strange that is how you move the sled.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2023, 03:40 PM)Synric Wrote: As mentioned in another thread Bryce Ford-Weaton was going to test well. He's 6'4 221 33 1/2 inch arms. He had a 41 inch vert a 10.9 broad and just ran an unofficial 4.38 which so far is faster than Zay Flowers, Josh Downs, Boutte, Jalin Hyatt...

Maybe he could add 20 lbs and move to TE with those arms.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2023, 09:06 PM)Synric Wrote: I see you Brenton Strange that is how you move the sled.

Always liked Brenton Strange when I saw him play too...
Reply/Quote