Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***2023 NFL Draft Thread***
Other than completely whiffing on TE & the round 3 pick, I have loved this draft.

I really though we needed to upgrade the WR depth, and we got my two favorite mid-round guys. Jones was my favorite slot guy, led NCAA in catches, had the lowest drop % if anyone in the draft & can return punts. Iosivas my favorite big/speedy project guy. Track/heptathlon guy who cam late to football. Captain. Smart. Princeton. Hard worker. There is some uoside there and he privides deep speed right away.

Brown has some flaws (fumbles), but 3rd in yards and secondin forced missed tackles is very productive.
Reply/Quote
at this point I think we need to draft Andrew Vorhees with the 7th round pick
Reply/Quote
Hope Redmond survives for us to pick. if not, Valentine/Wright would be good
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I just cannot get with the mentality of being upset about adding good players to the roster. We all have our preferences and not one player drafted has been one of "my players", but they are good. 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:44 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: at this point I think we need to draft Andrew Vorhees with the 7th round pick

I thought we were drafting his brother Jason...
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:43 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Other than completely whiffing on TE & the round 3 pick, I have loved this draft.

Cant whiff if the bat never leaves your shoulder
Reply/Quote
ok they wait to play the sweet ass guitar in round 7 for pick 229?
Reply/Quote
Vorhees to ravens.
Reply/Quote
Good grief Mötley Crüe looks like burned toast by now.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: ok they wait to play the sweet ass guitar in round 7 for pick 229?

They had a bunch of bands Saturday night at the Nashville draft. I'm guessing it's a yearly thing since Saturday ends at 7pm.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Vorhees to ravens.

Ugh, A lot of my favorites have gone to division rivals. Hate that
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:31 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I have no idea why the natives continue to buy into this Darrin Simmons folklore.

He’s the same guy who couldn’t even put a punt/kick return team together that could successfully kick or return without a penalty. The guy who chose our last punter - the guy everyone here so desperately wants replaced. The guy whose unit hasn’t made a big play in what seems like decades.

So, why don’t you state your qualifications?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:49 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Good grief Mötley Crüe looks like burned toast by now.

Vince sounded horrible.  He has never been a great singer but that was bad.  He sounded better in Cincinnati last summer
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: I actually think CJ gets cut there soon.

CJ comes home!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
So our new punter grew up near Ohio St and everyone in his family were (brother still is?) huge Buckeye fans.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:42 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Pfffff, like we're supposed to trust a ST coordinator that's been doing this for nearly 30 years...

I'll go with the stellar brain trust on this board any day.  Especially the Mensa candidate who said Simmons' units haven't created a big play in decades.

A boomer punter isn't gonna work for us, our Offense is too good to come off the field deep inside their own territory so a hang time guy is much better for kicking at midfield. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: A boomer punter isn't gonna work for us, our Offense is too good to come off the field deep inside their own territory so a hang time guy is much better for kicking at midfield. 

if we make it to midfield isnt that around Evan McPherson territory?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:42 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Pfffff, like we're supposed to trust a ST coordinator that's been doing this for nearly 30 years...

I'll go with the stellar brain trust on this board any day.  Especially the Mensa candidate who said Simmons' units haven't created a big play in decades.

Do you have any idea how simplistic and dull this post is? You’re trying to push back against people who don’t like the pick and some who also don’t like the coach by…citing the coach? Is that all you have?

Are you even capable of an original thought? Or do you just break wind in the general direction of anyone who dares offer a critique?

Actually, don’t answer that..it’s almost 6. You need to find your Zagat’s to make dinner plans and rotten tomatoes to suggest a movie. And those khaki pants won’t iron themselves, you little firecracker.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:49 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Good grief Mötley Crüe looks like burned toast by now.

You know they're getting old when they tell the audience "Thank you and Good Night" at 4:45 PM
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: ok they wait to play the sweet ass guitar in round 7 for pick 229?

NFL Network became borderline unwatchable at some point today. Playing with puppies. Then endless advertisements. Then a musical band. Then endless advertisements. Some 'stump the announcer" game, then endless announcements. If you watched to see the draft picks and any analysis of them, you were out of luck.
Reply/Quote