Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***2023 NFL Draft Thread***
Another defensive back who goes by DJ! DJ Ivey from Miami; Lou Anarumo has major depth in the secondary now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 07:30 PM)cinci4life Wrote: DJ Ivey CB

Sure, why not.
Reply/Quote
So we just added a 3rd DJ to the team. Used to be team captain was a draftee requirement. Now it is having the right initials

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 07:30 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I was kinda laughing about the Jets taking Kuntz... it's like you signed CJ not to long ago.. guess he's not what they thought

I still laugh when bengals fans say CJ is better than Hurst

I mean, I guess thats why CJ is potentially a 3rd string TE, and Hurst is the clear number 1 in Carolina..

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Double dipping on DJ's. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 07:29 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: We drafted 2 wr's, i'm not sure we are truly into TE's in our offense. 

Let's goooooooooo Redmond!! Do it!! 
and who ever they wanted they knew pick is already in

They started 2 TEs in 8/16 games in 2021 and both of the first 2 games of 2022 until injury knocked one out.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't know much about the last few picks, but I loved the first 5 selections. Nice work Bengals!!
Reply/Quote
Wonder if the Steelers stole Trice.
Reply/Quote
Grading the 2023 NFL Draft Thread. It's gotta be atleast a B+ on volume alone. 2023 put up 146 pages as opposed to 79 for the 2022 NFL Draft Thread.

Can't give it an A because there's to much whining in it. But some solid contributions and jokes are available when the 2023 plays focused.
Reply/Quote
So Bengals went defense X4, offense X3 and special teams at punter. Punter was the pick they got from trading down.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
This draft is pretty mid TBH. No TE or fresh O line blood. It's almost like they gave up onevaulating O line talent.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 07:33 PM)pally Wrote: So we just added a 3rd DJ to the team.  Used to be team captain was a draftee requirement.  Now it is having the right initials

DJ is just the new Tyler
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 08:00 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: This draft is pretty mid TBH. No TE or fresh O line blood. It's almost like they gave up onevaulating O line talent.

you're 40, stop saying mid

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 08:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you're 40, stop saying mid

30. but who's counting.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 07:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: As a Miami fan...Ivey is just ok.

How is he as a football player?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 07:31 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Ivey over Rejzohn Wright and Eli Ricks... interesting.

Wright was on that show Football U a couple of years ago, and came across as total scumbag... He shit on his teammates a lot.
Reply/Quote
I liked the draft overall except for ignoring the TE position.
In a draft class that was pretty damn good, the Bengals just looked the other way.
I think Battle is a good safety, but I really didn't think it made sense to get a safety over a TE, especially with Washington sitting there at 92 ripe for the picking.

I heard the Bengals did not have interest on Darnell Washington, which honestly baffles me.
I believe it was Rapien who said that the Bengals really weren't interested even before the reported injury news, which is even more surprising.
They've shown during the Taylor regime they want someone who can block. Washington does that in spades.
They like size. Check.
Athletic upside to be a good receiver too. Check.

Maybe the Bengals can get Ben Sims as UDFA.
He's a good blocker, and someone I think has potential to be in the 350-450 receiving yards range as a short yardage and red zone guy.
Perfect size at nearly 6'5", 250 lbs.

As it stands now, the Bengals are just an injury away from seeing Drew Sample and his 7.9 YPR as the starting TE again.
No one wants that.
And we can't trust Irv Smith to stay healthy either. Dude's played just 8 games the past two seasons, with just 1 start.

Ending on a positive note though, I loved the DJ Turner and Chase Brown selections.
I liked the Charlie Jones selection as someone to knock off Taylor, and I like Iosivas as a developmental WR. I had mocked him as a late round pick in a mock back in Jan or Feb (can't remember).

I wasn't surprised to see no OL taken with the additions of Brown and Ford along with re-signing of Scharping.
It's extremely likely Jonah Williams is the starting RT this season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
DJ Ivey looks to be good depth for special teams, could be a good depth piece at CB. Good pick for a 7th rounder.
Reply/Quote
In 2020, after they drafted Markus Bailey in the 7th for their third LB of the draft, I said "They fixed their LB room", which was one of the worst positions groups in the entire NFL. TEs and RBs out of the backfield used to kill this defense on third downs, not anymore.

2021 no LB drafted, Bynes allowed to walk in FA because of the growth of Logan Wilson
2022 no LB drafted
2023 no LB drafted, Pratt re-signed and with no LB drafted, I'm guessing that they're feeling pretty good about getting Wilson re-signed.

While they didn't need to fix WR and CB, they may have just improved the depth at those two groups and finished off drafting for those two positions for years.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote