Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***2023 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-29-2023, 06:27 PM)phil413 Wrote: They're going to take a TE with the 7th round pick and say in the presser they did it to appease the message board.  It will be Taylor from Cincinnati just to cover the bases.

I am 100% sure they keep a spy here to judge our mood play by play during the season and pick by pick during the draft and FA too during the offseason.  The completely inconsistency of their picks as they react to the boards mood proves.  Also the clear acknowledgment of the expertise of the gameday thread clearly affects the playcalling as the games progress.

Yes.  Clearly infiltration achieved.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
McBride is now off the board
Reply/Quote
Is that 3 or 4 punters drafted now?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
ESPN with the incorrect stats lol

[Image: 52856951224_3a21cf3fa8_k.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Another punter goes before Turk.

I wonder if their message board is calling their Special Teams Coordinator an idiot too.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So more than 3 for his career? 

And no touchbacks in 2022
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: Someone who properly understands hang time is more important than distance. The distance thing is actually what usually generates the big returns, it’s where the term out kick your coverage comes from.

If the Bengals are on the 20he can hang it all he wants, but the other team is starting at the own 40 at worse. That’s not to dismiss the rest. If most of the Bengals punts are from the forty or fifty then he’s perfect.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
lol, the poor punter doesn't even get his own draft thread in this forum.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If the Bengals are on the 20he can hang it all he wants, but the other team is starting at the own 40 at worse. That’s not to dismiss the rest. If most of the Bengals punts are from the forty or fifty then he’s perfect.

A team built around our offense isn’t expecting to go 3 and out from our 20, they are probably looking to be somewhere around midfield more often than not.
Reply/Quote
Seems like we have more Michigan players than Michigan.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:36 PM)Stewy Wrote: And no touchbacks in 2022

I just cannot get with the mentality of being upset about adding good players to the roster. We all have our preferences and not one player drafted has been one of "my players", but they are good. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Andre Carter is definitely worth the 7th or an UDFA pick up. Testing was bad but production wise he was a top guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:27 PM)phil413 Wrote: They're going to take a TE with the 7th round pick and say in the presser they did it to appease the message board.  It will be Taylor from Cincinnati just to cover the bases.

LT could surprise people.   He has the ability to be a good NFL TE.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Andre Carter is definitely worth the 7th or an UDFA pick up. Testing was bad but production wise he was a top guy.

Well we have the guy from Princeton to smarten him up. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I just cannot get with the mentality of being upset about adding good players to the roster. We all have our preferences and not one player drafted has been one of "my players", but they are good. 

No touchbacks is a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: I actually think CJ gets cut there soon.

sign him to the vet minimum
Reply/Quote
Give me a lottery ticket QB in the 7th and I think we can give this draft a solid B. Some great picks and some head scratchers. Love the speed, even though they gilded the lily with the DBs at least they got 2 with some ability and upside and a guy who could immediately become RB2 and maybe WR4.

I guess Zac doesn’t give a fart about TE. Don’t like not bringing in at least one OL or LB.

Our new P is from Michigan. He can keep the ball in the air for 13 seconds but it only goes about 20-25 yards forward. But hang time is what matters to the people who know what matters to the pros.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:39 PM)pally Wrote:

Pfffff, like we're supposed to trust a ST coordinator that's been doing this for nearly 30 years...

I'll go with the stellar brain trust on this board any day.  Especially the Mensa candidate who said Simmons' units haven't created a big play in decades.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:41 PM)Stewy Wrote: No touchbacks is a good thing.

. Suit me up and I promise I won’t have a single touchback my whole career. LOL

Reply/Quote