Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***2023 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-29-2023, 06:27 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Kuntz to the Jets.

I actually think CJ gets cut there soon.
Reply/Quote
average hangtime for robbins the last 2 years: 4.27

chrisman's average hangtime at osu was 3.86 and 3.85 last season.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That’s pretty bad.

I think the average is correct, but the kicks inside the 20 are wrong. They list it as 3 for the career but he had more than 3 in the last few recent games they list lol
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That’s pretty bad.

Pretty sure someone else posted stats that he had 16 within the 20 last year alone with 0 touchbacks. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:27 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Kuntz to the Jets.

Seems clear at this point the Bengals didn't want Kuntz. Maybe not even a TE.
Reply/Quote
NFL.com profile

Finesse punter who will be much better at pinning opponents near their own end zone than bailing his team out with power. He punts with much better hang-time than we are used to seeing from college punters and landed nearly half of his punts inside the 20-yard line in 2022
Reply/Quote
You can see how ESPN lists the stats, seems wrong: EDIT - and now ESPN loads no stats for him lol
https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4258197/brad-robbins
Reply/Quote
So we've officially entered the "B*tch About The 6th Round Punter" phase of the draft I see.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:26 PM)Stewy Wrote: Definitely a Simmons guy

Overview
Finesse punter who will be much better at pinning opponents near their own end zone than bailing his team out with power. He punts with much better hang-time than we are used to seeing from college punters and landed nearly half of his punts inside the 20-yard line in 2022.

Strengths

• Punts with above-average hang-time.
  • Allows very few return attempts.
  • Solid in executing directional punts.
  • Displayed good touch with no touchbacks in 2022.

This is exactly the kind of punter I want on this team. "Punt Gods" are nice, but Turk didn't force many fair catches, had too many touchbacks and outkicked his coverage too much. Good pick, if you ask me.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:29 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: NFL.com profile

Finesse punter who will be much better at pinning opponents near their own end zone than bailing his team out with power. He punts with much better hang-time than we are used to seeing from college punters and landed nearly half of his punts inside the 20-yard line in 2022

So more than 3 for his career? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: I actually think CJ gets cut there soon.

Well.....
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:28 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think the average is correct, but the kicks inside the 20 are wrong. They list it as 3 for the career but he had more than 3 in the last few recent games they list lol

I figured that part was wrong. I prefer big leg to touch. To me, flipping the field is more important than kicking it inside the 20. Worst case scenario is they start at the twenty.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:30 PM)JumboTron Wrote: So we've officially entered the "B*tch About The 6th Round Punter" phase of the draft I see.

more like ***** about our starting punter still phase
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:27 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Hilarious isn't it?

I have no idea why the natives continue to buy into this Darrin Simmons folklore.

He’s the same guy who couldn’t even put a punt/kick return team together that could successfully kick or return without a penalty. The guy who chose our last punter - the guy everyone here so desperately wants replaced. The guy whose unit hasn’t made a big play in what seems like decades.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:29 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: NFL.com profile

The KC punter in the AFCCC really put the Bengals in a hole with his directional punting. Maybe that's what the Bengals are deciding to prioritize in a punter.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:30 PM)JumboTron Wrote: So we've officially entered the "B*tch About The 6th Round Punter" phase of the draft I see.

It's better than the politic jargon that caused Kat Timpf to pop up as an advertisement a few pages back.  
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:28 PM)pally Wrote: average hangtime for robbins the last 2 years: 4.27

chrisman's average hangtime at osu was 3.86 and 3.85 last season.

Beautiful. This is music to my ears.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:28 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think the average is correct, but the kicks inside the 20 are wrong. They list it as 3 for the career but he had more than 3 in the last few recent games they list lol

The ESPN site is wrong. He does have 16 inside the 20 last year. Solid Punter.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’d prefer big leg to touch. To me, flipping the field is more important than kicking it inside the 20. Worst case scenario is they start at the twenty.

Someone who properly understands hang time is more important than distance. The distance thing is actually what usually generates the big returns, it’s where the term out kick your coverage comes from.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’d prefer big leg to touch. To me, flipping the field is more important than kicking it inside the 20. Worst case scenario is they start at the twenty.

Nah, the worst case scenario is you outkick your coverage and allow a 30 yard return.
Reply/Quote