Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***2023 NFL Draft Thread***
Jones wasn’t on my radar
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
There's our potential Boyd replacement for 2024.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Potential boyd replacement after next season? Don't know much about this wr class past the top few guys that went
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 02:28 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Charlie Jones is super productive, decently athletic (7.70 RAS, 4.43 40 yard dash, 6.84 3 cone, 4.15 shuttle)...and super old. He'll turn 25 in October of his rookie year.

I like his profile as a slot receiver though.

One huge season, slot with serious speed.  Return help.  Another hard worker/grinder type. 
Reply/Quote
Charlie Jones!

This is a Taylor upgrade. Slot guy. Kiper has him as the #2 punt return guy behind Davis. 4.43 40. Productive at Purdue with a so-so offense.

Me likey!
Reply/Quote
Found his highlight video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcQHXu13DKc
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 02:32 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Charlie Jones!

This is a Taylor upgrade. Slot guy. Kiper has him as the #2 punt return guy behind Davis. 4.43 40. Productive at Purdue with a so-so offense.

Me likey!

Yes. We just upgraded our return game, and a potential Tyler Boyd replacement. He torched the Big 10. Not bad in the fourth.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 02:30 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: You know it's disappointing when you begin a sentence with " At least...."

I get the reasoning behind the pick. It is a value pick and our WR room after the first three is kinda bare. Plus we need to be finding the heir apparent to Boyd. I just REALLY hope that somehow in the remaining picks we fix the gaping hole in the roster - the worthlessness of the entire RB room. 
Reply/Quote
Love this pick! Jones is going to become our Welker. Watch Burrow turn him into a pro bowler
Reply/Quote
Would have traded our 4 for Swift :) That's what PHI gave up.
Reply/Quote
Never heard of the guy, but welcome!
Reply/Quote
95.6% of catchable balls, I think he also broke a couple of records for advanced stats but I can't find them. A lot of people thought he was a sleeper candidate, but with age and round - I think this was a very good pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 02:31 PM)matmaven Wrote: One huge season, slot with serious speed.  Return help.  Another hard worker/grinder type. 

Yes, and another guy out to prove something. Two schools didn't give him a chance. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
How many Purdue WRs translate successfully
To the NFL? Don't like the pick at all.
Reply/Quote
Bengals living in Highsmith and Woodley's head as they announce we are going to beat those Bengals. Haha,
Jack asses.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Charlie Jones is better than the current fourth option in Trent Irwin
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 02:33 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Love this pick! Jones is going to become our Welker. Watch Burrow turn him into a pro bowler

Don't get drafting a guy who will be 25 year 1 when they've shown an unwillingness to give people contracts past 30. So basically we hope he booms immediately and then he's going to go elsewhere. He's older than Tee Higgins. 
Reply/Quote
IDK about Jones being a Boyd replacement. We'll have to wait & see. If Boyd goes, I could see Chase in the slot more, and a big WR taken to start. Jones is then Chase's backup. If he breaks out this year, maybe.

Good route runner. 12 TDs and 1,361 yards on 110 catches does not suck.
Reply/Quote
I liked Jones throughout the draft buildup. Deceptively fast with great short area burst. He has a good chance to develop into Boyd's replacement next year and should help immediately in the return game. Solid pick.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals fan who announced the pick was heavily booed, but he did stick a thorn in the sides of those who announced the Steelers' pick, who responded "we're going, we're going, we're going to beat those Bengals."
Reply/Quote