Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Schedule
Kay had something to say about the primetime schedule

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 12:51 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Agreed - I think it was supposed to be apps but it was kind of a mess
I think the Titans had a good one…
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/watch-titans-take-to-streets-of-nashville-for-help-with-2023-schedule-reveal-and-it-goes-hilariously-poorly/

Titans was funny.
Jags I thought was absolutely hilarious.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 12:51 PM)pally Wrote: Kay had something to say about the primetime schedule

The NFL really wants to push the chargers, huh?

The Vikings? I don’t get it

And they’re still showing more love to Buffalo for whatever reason lol

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2023, 10:02 AM)pally Wrote: Preseason
Packers in Cincinnati
@Atlanta
@Washington

Week 1 09/10/2023    Sunday 1:00  at  Cleveland
Week 2  09/17/2023   Sunday  1:00      Baltimore
Week 3  09/25/2023   Monday 8:15      LA Rams   (can Andrew Whitworth be Ruler of the Jungle for this game)
Week 4  10/01/2023   Sunday 1:00   at Tennessee
Week 5  10/08/2023   Sunday 4:00  at  Arizona  
Week 6   10/15/2023  Sunday  1:00       Seattle
Week 7 BYE
Week 8   10/29/2023  Sunday   4:25   at San Francisco
Week 9   11/05/2023  Sunday   8:15       Buffalo
Week 10  11/12/2023 Sunday   1:00       Houston
Week 11  11/16/2023 Thursday 8:15   at Baltimore
Week 12  11/26/2023  Sunday  1:00       Pittsburgh  *Thanksgiving weekend
Week 13  12/04/2023  Monday 8:15  at  Jacksonville  
Week 14  12/10/2023  Sunday  1:00       Indianapolis
Week 15  12/17/2023  TBD       TBD       Minnesota
Week 16  12/23/2023  Saturday  4:25  at Pittsburgh  NBC National Game
Week 17   12/31/2023  Sunday  4:25  at Kansas City
Week 18     1/07/2024  Sunday              Cleveland  ^ week 18 times are all tentative   also means Pitt/Bal close out the other half of AFCN

Good looking sched. Could really start out hot if we can handle the Stains in the opener. Love getting the Rams, Cards and Squawks
before that early bye and then getting that much time to prepare for a tough 49er team. Always like getting the Chiefs late in the season
as it really tests us going into the Playoffs. Happy we didn't get them in the opener like I thought we would. Lions actually might give 
them a tough opener as they play everyone tough and should be even better this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 01:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The NFL really wants to push the chargers, huh?

Yeah, don't get it myself with the Chargers, they just fail as the Playoffs approach every year it seems. The Vikes cannot win once 
they get to the Playoffs either. Bengals should of had just as many Primetime games as the Chiefs or the Bills, we are the one team
that has both of their numbers and we shown that the Bills sure look to be outmatched in our time playing them as well.

Like Kay said, pfft... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 01:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The NFL really wants to push the chargers, huh?

It looks like they are trying to prop up the Chargers for the LA market as LAR sure isn’t going anywhere. And my favorite source ( the guy with the opinions) you know the guy who lives at Paycor in the dungeon… says they aren’t going to be very good.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 01:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, don't get it myself with the Chargers, they just fail as the Playoffs approach every year it seems. The Vikes cannot win once 
they get to the Playoffs either. Bengals should of had just as many Primetime games as the Chiefs or the Bills, we are the one team
that has both of their numbers and we shown that the Bills sure look to be outmatched in our time playing them as well.

Like Kay said, pfft... Mellow

The Raiders one really makes no sense. They haven’t been a competent franchise in over 2 decades

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 01:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The Raiders one really makes no sense. They haven’t been a competent franchise in over 2 decades

Must be yah know... Vegas. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 01:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Must be yah know... Vegas. Mellow

Vegas isn’t even that big of a market and they were given 4 primetime games last year. Now after a 6-11 season, they’re given 5 lol

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 01:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Vegas isn’t even that big of a market and they were given 4 primetime games last year. Now after a 6-11 season, they’re given 5 lol

Yeah, it's BS. They got the coolest helmet in the league too according to some hack in the other thread too lol
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 01:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, don't get it myself with the Chargers, they just fail as the Playoffs approach every year it seems. The Vikes cannot win once 
they get to the Playoffs
either. Bengals should of had just as many Primetime games as the Chiefs or the Bills, we are the one team

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Image: DTlpgvzVwAEf_yo.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 10:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I remember the Bengals playing (and beating) the Ricky Williams-led Dolphins in a Sunday Night Primetime game.  Oktoberfest was still going on that day so the crowd was very well "lubricated".  I remember thinking that was the craziest crowd game I have ever seen for the Bengals.  

Oh, the crowd'll be bonkers with Oktoberfest going on for 3 hours before kickoff plus tailgating. I'm more concerned about the people/cars and trying to get anywhere before and after the game. If Oktoberfest Zinzinnati draws over 500k over 4 days as is reported, you're talking basically 2 full PBS's worth of people and cars a day on average, plus a then full PBS on Sunday. Then you take into account the road closures? That's going to be crazy.

Even if there's an unrealistically large overlap between OFZ attendees and Bengals game attendees, and also accounting for the attendance at OFZ being cumulative throughout the day, not all there at once, there'll still be an enormous volume of added automobiles and people over what is already present on gameday. That's...ambitious, both in logistics for foot and car traffic, but also in general crowd control. Especially considering what the mean BAC of the people in that crowd will surely be. 

It'll be one wild home opener that's for sure. I was already planning on going to Oktoberfest, now Sunday becomes an Oktoberfest-Bengals-Oktoberfest sandwich? Football, beer, and a seemingly infinite variety of soft pretzels?! Fine by me!
Reply/Quote
Only 4 PrimeTime games is a joke
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 02:28 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Only 4 PrimeTime games is a joke

Yep.

Although I was expecting 2 road Thursday night division opponent games and only got 1.  So that's a plus
Reply/Quote
I don't really like the relatively early bye week and that they have two sets of back to back division games. Other than that they still have the AFC South and NFC West.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 01:44 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Image: DTlpgvzVwAEf_yo.jpg]

Yeah, I am talking about last year, recently...

The last couple of years. The last couple of years the Bengals have won 5 Playoff games and yet got less primetime games.

I find this absurd.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 03:21 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't really like the relatively early bye week and that they have two sets of back to back division games. Other than that they still have the AFC South and NFC West.

That could hurt us come the Postseason as we could be worn out without a break in so long.

But also we should be getting a player back like La'el Collins by then to at least help with the depth on the OL.

Doubt LC is ready to go come the opener.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 04:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That could hurt us come the Postseason as we could be worn out without a break in so long.

But also we should be getting a player back like La'el Collins by then to at least help with the depth on the OL.

Doubt LC is ready to go come the opener.

Most of the stars on the roster are young, the early break might be more beneficial to them than some of the older players.  The young players with the early break will be ready for the long haul to the Super Bowl.  And as you say, some older vets like Collins might be ready to fill in should the need arise.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 08:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Most of the stars on the roster are young, the early break might be more beneficial to them than some of the older players.  The young players with the early break will be ready for the long haul to the Super Bowl.  And as you say, some older vets like Collins might be ready to fill in should the need arise.

True, we are still one of the youngest teams in the NFL, I heard there was 1 team younger than us last year, forget who...

I think us being younger is a big reason why we have had so much post season success the last few years, plus the culture change in 
bringing in Captains and our younger coaches learning on the job as well as the young players are just plain smart. Listening to our players
talk they got smarts and are all team players. For example, there is a reason we brought in a guy like Nick Scott, he is a smart vet and we 
drafted all smart players from Murphy on down. Lou's types have to be smart same as Zac's and Darrin's.

We don't just bring in talented guys like some of us fans would like. They have to have it between the ears and be selfless.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 01:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The Raiders one really makes no sense. They haven’t been a competent franchise in over 2 decades

For the Chargers and Raiders, I think it's about promoting the league in new/renewed markets of LA and LV.  Otherwise, I really don't get it either.  
Reply/Quote