Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Amendment Hysteria
(10-10-2015, 10:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He would be dead before he got a shot off.

OK, Wild Bill
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-10-2015, 03:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: More commonly it makes you a prime candidate to be robbed of your firearm.

I've never understood the supposed point of open carry in the modern world.  As you say, it frightens and unnerves others and does not protect you at all.  A criminal who knows you have a gun will act accordingly.  The gun in your holster or slung across your back does you no good when someone has their gun pointed at your face.

How does the gun strapped to your ankle or shoved down your pants or in your fanny pack do you any more good when a gun is pointed at your face? That is the part I never understood.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(10-10-2015, 10:40 PM)xxlt Wrote: How does the gun strapped to your ankle or shoved down your pants or in your fanny pack do you any more good when a gun is pointed at your face? That is the part I never understood.

"Give me everything in your fanny pack"

(10-10-2015, 10:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: "Give me everything in your fanny pack"

So you open it and get shot in the face when you try to draw. Now I see how it benefits you!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(10-10-2015, 10:40 PM)xxlt Wrote: How does the gun strapped to your ankle or shoved down your pants or in your fanny pack do you any more good when a gun is pointed at your face? That is the part I never understood.

Apparently none of these people have ever heard of a police officer getting shot with his gun still in his holster. 
(10-10-2015, 10:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Apparently none of these people have ever heard of a police officer getting shot with his gun still in his holster. 

I think those who picture themselves saving the day during a mass shooting picture themselves plunking the shooter from the shadows with a single shot from a handgun.  I'm not saying that can't happen, but I don't think the average human being is too equipped for gunfighting.
(10-10-2015, 10:43 PM)xxlt Wrote: So you open it and get shot in the face when you try to draw. Now I see how it benefits you!

I suppose that makes sense in a world where the person with the gun pointed at you is not startled by your drawing on him unexpectedly and is 100% focused on your fanny pack instead of concerning himself on his surroundings.  

(10-10-2015, 10:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose that makes sense in a world where the person with the gun pointed at you is not startled by your drawing on him unexpectedly and is 100% focused on your fanny pack instead of concerning himself on his surroundings.  

I was talking about "open carry" not carrying a concealed weapon.

And a robber is going to tske the whole fanny pack instead of asking you to empty it.
(10-10-2015, 10:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose that makes sense in a world where the person with the gun pointed at you is not startled by your drawing on him unexpectedly and is 100% focused on your fanny pack instead of concerning himself on his surroundings.  

Oh, I wasn't talking about you. I know you would get him and his four friends too.

It would be like that scene in The Outlaw Josie Wales, only it would be a little kid who came up and asked you how you knew which guy to shoot first. And you would answer, but only after drinking his Coke first, and then as you rode off into the sunset you would turn and throw him your cowboy hat, and he would say, "Gosh, thanks bfine!"

That's the only bad thing about guys like you and Clint Eastwood. You make it look so easy that every guy with a gun and a fanny pack thinks he can do it. Oh, who am I kidding, I know every good guy wins every shootout that starts with him staring down the barrel of a gun. I didn't mean nothin'. I was just funnin'.
(10-10-2015, 10:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was talking about "open carry" not carrying a concealed weapon.
Could have been why I was not responding to you in that post.

(10-10-2015, 10:59 PM)xxlt Wrote: Oh, I wasn't talking about you. I know you would get him and his four friends too.

Who said anything about me?

(10-10-2015, 10:59 PM)xxlt Wrote: Oh, I wasn't talking about you. I know you would get him and his four friends too.

It would be like that scene in The Outlaw Josie Wales, only it would be a little kid who came up and asked you how you knew which guy to shoot first. And you would answer, but only after drinking his Coke first, and then as you rode off into the sunset you would turn and throw him your cowboy hat, and he would say, "Gosh, thanks bfine!"

That's the only bad thing about guys like you and Clint Eastwood. You make it look so easy that every guy with a gun and a fanny pack thinks he can do it. Oh, who am I kidding, I know every good guy wins every shootout that starts with him staring down the barrel of a gun. I didn't mean nothin'. I was just funnin'.

Can't wait for bfine to either a. ignore the sarcasm of this post and say something stupid or b. feign umbrage at your tone and say something stupid.
(10-10-2015, 10:37 PM)xxlt Wrote: But this flies in the face of the "guns make us safer" mantra.

Not really.  If I walk into a mall with the intent to kill people and see a guy with a gun at his hip, I'm going to shoot him first. I have no idea who might have a concealed weapon.  Now a lot of people carrying open would be a deterrent, but that's not our culture.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-10-2015, 11:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who said anything about me?

As his post indicates, xxlt did.
(10-10-2015, 11:03 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: As his post indicates, xxlt did.

Seems to be a trend.

(10-10-2015, 10:59 PM)xxlt Wrote: That's the only bad thing about guys like you and Clint Eastwood. You make it look so easy that every guy with a gun and a fanny pack thinks he can do it.

Semi-funny story, I actually knew people who told me they had certain one-liners saved up for when they pull their guns on people.  These were like, friends of friends, I swear my real friends are only delusional in fun ways.
(10-10-2015, 11:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Not really.  If I walk into a mall with the intent to kill people and see a guy with a gun at his hip, I'm going to shoot him first. I have no idea who might have a concealed weapon.  Now a lot of people carrying open would be a deterrent, but that's not our culture.  

Yeah! Everybody should walk around with gun holsters on their hips so we can have a peaceful society with less shootings! It worked perfectly in the cowboy days!

It doesn't. Sometimes you are at the mercy of the criminal, and sometimes you can do something.  Knowing the difference makes all the difference.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-10-2015, 11:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It doesn't. Sometimes you are at the mercy of the criminal, and sometimes you can do something.  Knowing the difference makes all the difference.

That's why we need EVERYONE to have guns.  When good guy with the gun #1 is getting shot for having a gun, good guy with the gun #2 draws his gun and shoots bad guy with the gun. 
(10-10-2015, 11:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's why we need EVERYONE to have guns.  When good guy with the gun #1 is getting shot for having a gun, good guy with the gun #2 draws his gun and shoots bad guy with the gun. 

YEEEEHAWWWW!!!