Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd round pick #33
(02-19-2020, 04:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Among players that I believe have a chance at being there at 33, this is my preferred list. Of course, these are all pending what we do in free agency. If we re-sign AJ Green, the WRs fall down the list, if we sign a free agent offensive linemen, they fall down the list etc.:

1. Josh Jones, OT, Houston
2. Kenneth Murray, OLB, Oklahoma
3. Patrick Queen, OLB, LSU
4. Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
5. Grant Delpit, S, LSU
6. Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
7. Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
8. Laviska Shanault Jr., WR, Colorado
9.  One of the First Round Talent CBs, whoever is left (Kristian Fulton, CJ Henderson, Jeff Gladney, Noah Igbinoghene, Trevon Diggs)
10. Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU
11. Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State

If all of those guys are gone at 33, I definitely try to trade down to a team that maybe wants their choice between the top RBs or maybe a left over QB like Eason or Love.

I had to look up how to say his last name.  I've listened to 3 different voices say it, they all sound different, and I'm still no closer to getting it right.

https://www.howtopronounce.com/igbinoghene/

With that said, I think than any of those players on your list would make the Bengals a better team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 07:30 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: First off,they need to sign AJ Green.After that they need to take a WR with pick 33,even if even they do sign AJ.And if there was a really good prospect WR I really liked,I might even trade up into the first round to get him.After that,it’s all defense.And don’t worry,the Oline will be just fine.Jonah Williams,Michael Jordan,Hopkins,Miller,Fred Johnson.Think about it.I like the lineup.

I think we need a young WR for the future that can stretch filed opposite Boyd but I personally wouldn’t address it at 33 feel like we have bigger needs. The O-line should be better if Williams is the real deal but outside of Hopkins we have a lot of uncertainty.
Reply/Quote
I'd want them to go bpa at 33, but I think they are going to try to address day defensive need. Someone like patrick queen or Damon arnette or Cameron Dantzler are possibilities.

Unless Laviska Shenault Jr. Or Tee Higgins is sitting there I dont see them going offense 2bd round.

They could as also trade down if a team is eyeing love or Eason.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 04:26 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: With 33rd pick, The Bengals select Terry Tickles, LB, Northern Iowa.

Tickles Tape

- 27 career tackles
- 1.5 career sacks
- 1 INT
- 4.74 40 time

Notes: Biggest feet in the draft...3rd in decline bench...cerebral with high motor... uncle played at Moeller HS.

Bengalsboard comments:

"I love the pick! Northern Iowa didn't ask Tickle's to make a lot of plays in that system."

"Tickled pink with the Tickles pick!"

"A+"

"A-"

"A"

"Big feet are important and overlooked. He can shuffle side to side and cover more ground due to gravitational pull and circumfrance of his huge feets"

"Love it! I had him in one of my 17 mocks!"

"I'm calling it now, 10-6 minimum!"

For what it's worth, I think last season people were kind of running high on the "New Dey" rhetoric and this new genius offensive coach.

Now that we know Zac isn't some wunderkind coach, people are likely going to be considerably more critical of his questionable roster decisions.

(02-19-2020, 04:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Solid list. Would love to see Shenault or Yetur Gross-Motos in stripes.

I'd add Terrell Lewis, Cesar Ruiz, Lloyd Cushenberry, Brandon Aiyuk.

I've seen Terrell Lewis rated highly, I'm not convinced. These pass rushers that don't produce in college but have the measurables will never not make me apprehensive. I view Chaisson the same way. I don't know how a player can be considered an elite prospect when they couldn't beat guys who won't even be in the NFL. I can't think of the last one that has worked out in the NFL. 

I like Ruiz, Cushenberry and Aiyuk though. The two linemen are primarily centers, so I'm not sure we would use a 2nd round pick on them since we have Hopkins, but they could likely slide over to RG if needed.

I like a few more WRs more than Aiyuk and I sincerely doubt they all go before him. He's my 7th favorite receiver in the draft (Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggins, Higgins, Shenault, Jefferson, Aiyuk).

(02-19-2020, 05:37 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Good list , I think there’s a chance Queen or Murray could fall to us depending how WR heavy Rd 1 is or if a QB like Love sneaks into the first round. I think we’re ok at safety for now with Bates and Williams so I’d probably pass on Delpit or McKinney. I’d be fine with a good OT  just get the gist listening to guys like Hobson and Tobin that they think there ok there because they added Fred Johnson which I don’t agree with. I think they go CB, LB or DL. I wouldn’t trade too far down I’d rather grab my player and not chance losing him for later round picks.

The safeties I see more as defensive playmakers. Shawn Williams is on his final year and, honestly, I wouldn't mind if they let him leave next year. He's never really been anything special. Having Bates and Delpit/McKinney may mean we're missing a true Strong Safety, but the big safety is not really a thing in the NFL anymore. You got the rangy FSs and you got the LB/S hybrids. Shawn Williams isn't a rangy safety, but he hasn't really been able to fill that hybrid role either. If Delpit or McKinney, two players who could become star safeties in the NFL, drop I'd happily scoop them up just on pure value.

I hope they don't think they're good at OT haha. I consider it a top 3 need for them, easy. We cannot let Hart start the whole year again.

(02-19-2020, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I had to look up how to say his last name.  I've listened to 3 different voices say it, they all sound different, and I'm still no closer to getting it right.

https://www.howtopronounce.com/igbinoghene/

With that said, I think than any of those players on your list would make the Bengals a better team.

Yea, it's quite the name. I can't imagine the team that drafts him doesn't immediately nicnkame him Iggy or something XD.
Reply/Quote
I've seen Queen in the 2nd, followed by btb o line.

Ts, as many know, I really like Gaither and his potential. Just not at #33.
Reply/Quote
I'd like a lb or dl at that pick, but I think they'll go with the best wr available. Get someone burrow can build a tandem with, who can learn from Green (assuming he's here).

If green is gone, I'd say the odds of a wr there go up exponentially. Why? Because I like the word.
Reply/Quote
BPA at OT, CB, or LB, in that order.
Reply/Quote
WR or OL. Give our new QB as much help as possible.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 04:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: How would I know? Do I look like Katie Blackburn to you?!

HEY! My eyes are up HERE, buddy. :angry:

I don't think Pumpkin has ever had to say that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 11:21 PM)Benton Wrote: I'd like a lb or dl at that pick, but I think they'll go with the best wr available. Get someone burrow can build a tandem with, who can learn from Green (assuming he's here).

If green is gone, I'd say the odds of a wr there go up exponentially. Why? Because I like the word.

The only rebuttal I'd give to the idea that we go WR in round 2, which I have done in several mock drafts, is this:

This WR class is so insanely deep, it's actually astonishing. You have guys like Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Van Jefferson, Tyler Johnson, Michael Pittman Jr, Isaiah Hodgins and KJ Hill projecting anywhere from the 2nd round to the 5th round because there is just so much talent they can't all be taken in the first two days. You could legitimately get a day 1 starter at WR in the 4th round.

The same can't really be said of OG or LB, which are decent classes but you can't really expect a 3rd or 4th round LB to be anything more than a spot player in their rookie year. 

With that said, if they took Tee Higgins or Justin Jefferson at 33, I will be so stoked I'll probably forget how deep the class is and just celebrate our new star WR Big Grin.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 03:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Chase Young at #1 and our QB at #33. Ninja

Love it
Reply/Quote
We need linebackers BAD. I wouldn’t be against picking for need and not best available to get 2-3 good linebackers here

If Queen is there in the 3rd id draft him even if we went LB in the 2nd

Queens play in the CFP had to raise his stock. He truly looked NFL game 1ready
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 10:41 AM)Housh Wrote: We need linebackers BAD. I wouldn’t be against picking for need and not best available to get 2-3 good linebackers here

If Queen is there in the 3rd id draft him even if we went LB in the 2nd

Queens play in the CFP had to raise his stock. He truly looked NFL game 1ready

Queen is a first/2nd round guy. There is no way he slips into the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
JK Dobbins

*Leaves to let the thread be burned down by Mixon fans.*

.....I could also go for Cole Kmet. There's 0 reason why OL and LB can't be addressed with quality FA, so rounds 2-4 should be some combination of RB/TE/WR/CB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 10:04 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think Pumpkin has ever had to say that.

I'm pretty sure rfaulk ONLY looks at women's breasts so I think she's at least said it to him.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 10:17 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The only rebuttal I'd give to the idea that we go WR in round 2, which I have done in several mock drafts, is this:

This WR class is so insanely deep, it's actually astonishing. You have guys like Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Van Jefferson, Tyler Johnson, Michael Pittman Jr, Isaiah Hodgins and KJ Hill projecting anywhere from the 2nd round to the 5th round because there is just so much talent they can't all be taken in the first two days. You could legitimately get a day 1 starter at WR in the 4th round.

The same can't really be said of OG or LB, which are decent classes but you can't really expect a 3rd or 4th round LB to be anything more than a spot player in their rookie year. 

With that said, if they took Tee Higgins or Justin Jefferson at 33, I will be so stoked I'll probably forget how deep the class is and just celebrate our new star WR Big Grin.

How many of those WRs are WR1 types at the NFL level?
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 01:42 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: How many of those WRs are WR1 types at the NFL level?

I think Jeudy, Lamb, Higgins, Mims, Peoples-Jones, and Hodgins could be typical #1 receivers in the NFL. Hodgins needs a bit more development to become a true #1, but the first five could easily be your prototypical X (#1) receivers very early on.

Ruggs, Shenault, Reagor Tyler Johnson and Hamler are primarily the Slot/Swiss army knife style players. Not an X or a Z but rather a slot or "match up nightmare."

And then Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk, KJ Hill, Van Jefferson and Michael Pittman Jr (and potentially Jauan Jennings) are your more traditional Z "possession" receivers.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 02:33 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think Jeudy, Lamb, Higgins, Mims, Peoples-Jones, and Hodgins could be typical #1 receivers in the NFL. Hodgins needs a bit more development to become a true #1, but the first five could easily be your prototypical X (#1) receivers very early on.

Ruggs, Shenault, Reagor Tyler Johnson and Hamler are primarily the Slot/Swiss army knife style players. Not an X or a Z but rather a slot or "match up nightmare."

And then Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk, KJ Hill, Van Jefferson and Michael Pittman Jr (and potentially Jauan Jennings) are your more traditional Z "possession" receivers.

Peoples-Jones stock is falling. He could end up being available in the 4th or 5th. He has a ton of upside! Was a 5 star coming out of HS. Unfortunately, he played for a dumbass in college.

He could end up being a steal, and I usually don't care for TTUN players, in the Hairball era.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 02:40 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Peoples-Jones stock is falling. He could end up being available in the 4th or 5th. He has a ton of upside! Was a 5 star coming out of HS. Unfortunately, he played for a dumbass in college.

He could end up being a steal, and I usually don't care for TTUN players, in the Hairball era.

Yea, Peoples-Jones is one that I'd avoid until at least the 3rd or 4th round. He does have a high bust potential because he did not reach his expectations coming out of high school. But man. The talent is there. He's a big receiver with great hands and body control. He's also got a bit of wiggle, as he was Michigan's primary punt returner.

I think his biggest problem was their passing offense was abysmal. I don't really follow Michigan football, so I don't know if it was the QB, the play calling or something else, but that offense hasn't had a 1000 yard receiver since 2013. It's just sad haha.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 02:50 PM)lone bengal Wrote: We’ve all beaten the dead horse with all the Burrow threads. For a team that builds through the draft and with all our needs I feel like pick 33 is just as important as the 1st pick ,we need to land a legit starter with that pick. We get a chance to reset our board and should have a talented group of players to choose from.  Assuming the Bengals pick Burrow 1st what position would you target in round 2 and why. You can name a position or a player you think might be there at pick 33. I’m leaning towards the corner back position which is a premium position and a must have in this league. The more I look at the roster it’s a huge need with Dennard being a free agent , Jackson III in a contract year with his play regressing and with Kirkpatrick in his 30’s and on a bad contact. I think it’s less expensive to sign a free linebacker then a top free agent CB. Linebacker has been a huge need but I feel if we fix linebacker at pick 33 and have no corners next year it won’t matter.

So this pick right here is prime for trading   Unless a really good prospect fails in our lap i'd gladly trade back this pick for an extra 2nd or 3rd
rounder

If there is a highly rated OL guy I think you grab him.    Defense really needs to be tackled in Free Agency and But some depth players late.
Reply/Quote