Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd round pick #33
(02-20-2020, 02:55 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, Peoples-Jones is one that I'd avoid until at least the 3rd or 4th round. He does have a high bust potential because he did not reach his expectations coming out of high school. But man. The talent is there. He's a big receiver with great hands and body control. He's also got a bit of wiggle, as he was Michigan's primary punt returner.

I think his biggest problem was their passing offense was abysmal. I don't really follow Michigan football, so I don't know if it was the QB, the play calling or something else, but that offense hasn't had a 1000 yard receiver since 2013. It's just sad haha.

It was the QB play, and the play calling. That guy underutilizes his talent each and every year.

PJ was underutilized for long periods, then bombarded with balls after they would get behind. The lulls caused him to get lackadaisical at times. Better structure, and consistency should benefit him. If he wants an NFL career, he'll grasp it, if not, he will fade away.

Has all of the tools to be successful in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 02:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So this pick right here is prime for trading   Unless a really good prospect fails in our lap i'd gladly trade back this pick for an extra 2nd or 3rd
rounder

If there is a highly rated OL guy I think you grab him.    Defense really needs to be tackled in Free Agency and But some depth players late.

I'm hoping we can get that extra 2nd or 3rd rounder for Dalton and keep the 33rd as a sort of bonus first rounder.

I think this draft (outside of Burrow) turns on whether we can complete a trade for Dalton before it.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 03:24 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: I'm hoping we can get that extra 2nd or 3rd rounder for Dalton and keep the 33rd as a sort of bonus first rounder.

I think this draft (outside of Burrow) turns on whether we can complete a trade for Dalton before it.

do we know if their is a cut date for Dalton to avoid any dead money...?  I know we can cut without any but I don't know if it has to be before a certain time.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 02:50 PM)lone bengal Wrote: We’ve all beaten the dead horse with all the Burrow threads. For a team that builds through the draft and with all our needs I feel like pick 33 is just as important as the 1st pick ,we need to land a legit starter with that pick. We get a chance to reset our board and should have a talented group of players to choose from.  Assuming the Bengals pick Burrow 1st what position would you target in round 2 and why. You can name a position or a player you think might be there at pick 33. I’m leaning towards the corner back position which is a premium position and a must have in this league. The more I look at the roster it’s a huge need with Dennard being a free agent , Jackson III in a contract year with his play regressing and with Kirkpatrick in his 30’s and on a bad contact. I think it’s less expensive to sign a free linebacker then a top free agent CB. Linebacker has been a huge need but I feel if we fix linebacker at pick 33 and have no corners next year it won’t matter.

Unless there is only one guy that the Bengals have ranked well above the rest of the picks at 33, I could see this being a trade to try and gain an additional 3rd rounder.  They won't slide too far, but I would imagine they will have some strong offers.  

Although I was hoping they would get more vertical speed with a guy like Reagor from TCU (WR), he won't likely be there at that point.  It will be interesting to see what there is a "run on" in this draft in Rd 1, as I could see anything from a top tier DE, OT, CB, or even LB being their selection here if the WR isn't available.  Being the so-called "copy cat league" and how the Chiefs have so many weapons, I think there will likely be a run on WRs.  I will be hoping for a lot of QBs, RBs, and TEs to be selected as I see those as the least likely choices by the Bengals in this position.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 08:12 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I think we need a young WR for the future that can stretch filed opposite Boyd but I personally wouldn’t address it at 33 feel like we have bigger needs. The O-line should be better if Williams is the real deal but outside of Hopkins we have a lot of uncertainty.

To your response about AJ Green, I think a lot of it depends on if Green is signed to an actual extension or just a one-year Franchise Player Tag.  

The Bengals use the draft to fill holes (with substantial whiffs of late, I know) and if Green were only a likely one-year proposition, they would have to be thinking a WR to play at AJs spot.  I also think it makes sense granted AJs injury history and the league's focus on scoring.  
Reply/Quote
Even of AJ is here for a few more years, Bengals should still draft WR before the later rounds. Too many injuries the past few years there to justify not drafting one.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 04:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Among players that I believe have a chance at being there at 33, this is my preferred list. Of course, these are all pending what we do in free agency. If we re-sign AJ Green, the WRs fall down the list, if we sign a free agent offensive linemen, they fall down the list etc.:

1. Josh Jones, OT, Houston
2. Kenneth Murray, OLB, Oklahoma
3. Patrick Queen, OLB, LSU
4. Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
5. Grant Delpit, S, LSU
6. Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
7. Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
8. Laviska Shanault Jr., WR, Colorado
9.  One of the First Round Talent CBs, whoever is left (Kristian Fulton, CJ Henderson, Jeff Gladney, Noah Igbinoghene, Trevon Diggs)
10. Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU
11. Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State

If all of those guys are gone at 33, I definitely try to trade down to a team that maybe wants their choice between the top RBs or maybe a left over QB like Eason or Love.

Nice list CJD, Josh Jones was the first player I thought of, then Murray even if I doubt he will be there.

Have to get the OL shored up and I think we will get a decent LB in FA. CB should be fine as long as we re-sign Dennard.

Really like how Phillips has come along and under a new Secondary coach not named Daronte Jones we might improve with
the guys we already have and we can still Draft a Corner in the 3rd or 4th. I go with Josh Jones if he is there though, starter
right off the bat most likely and that is what you want with an early round pick.
Reply/Quote
I would love to Grab Burrow 1OA and then one of his WRs in the 2nd round if possible.. That definitely should help ease his transistion to have a fimilar target.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 02:50 PM)lone bengal Wrote: what position would you target in round 2 and why.

The best OL or LB prospect available, regardless of position. G, T, C, WLB, SLB, MLB. Just improve those units.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 03:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I would love to Grab Burrow 1OA and then one of his WRs in the 2nd round if possible..  That definitely should help ease his transistion to have a fimilar target.

I think we would have to use FA to get an OL and LB if we go WR in the 2nd...

(02-21-2020, 03:33 PM)Ravage Wrote: The best OL or LB prospect available, regardless of position. G, T, C, WLB, SLB, MLB. Just improve those units.

Get Joe Thuney and Danny Trevathan in FA and we can do whatever the hell we want.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 05:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think we would have to use FA to get an OL and LB if we go WR in the 2nd...

Get Joe Thuney and Danny Trevathan in FA and we can do whatever the hell we want.

we damn well better be
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 02:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice list CJD, Josh Jones was the first player I thought of, then Murray even if I doubt he will be there.

Have to get the OL shored up and I think we will get a decent LB in FA. CB should be fine as long as we re-sign Dennard.

Really like how Phillips has come along and under a new Secondary coach not named Daronte Jones we might improve with
the guys we already have and we can still Draft a Corner in the 3rd or 4th. I go with Josh Jones if he is there though, starter
right off the bat most likely and that is what you want with an early round pick.

It's funny, cuz Jones was considered a developmental prospect in the mid 2nd to high 3rd round range.

And then he destroyed the whole Senior bowl and was instantly anointed a day 1 starter.

It's crazy how quickly expectations change based on off season workouts and all star games.

But yea, I mean I'm so excited to see the CBs develop and what we do at RT. I'd love any of those players, but Jones is the golden goose, imo.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 05:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think we would have to use FA to get an OL and LB if we go WR in the 2nd...

I'm in the minority, but we don't need more ol. What we had was getting better and supposedly Jonah is healthy.

Like I said, if be happy with a lb or dl at that spot, but I wouldn't hate a wr either. As someone mentioned, it's a good wr class, we can likely get a quality wr all the way to the third.
Reply/Quote
If we want to go WR with the 33rd pick, we may want to try to do a deal and move back up in the 1st.

Most mocks I've seen have the 49ers taking Justin Jeffries (LSU) at 31...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
I think this pick is up in the air and can go any way. We don't wanna take a lineman that sucks and waste this pick on a guy who isnt gonna produce when we can snag a guy in the 3rd. I believe OG Logan Stenberg needs to be our guy in the 3rd. He would be a steal, but for our 2nd round pick we should see if Kenneth Murray falls and take him, or take DT Neville Gallimore, or WR Brandon Aiyuk or trade that pick and drop back and pick up an extra pick maybe in the 3rd if we could.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 11:21 PM)Benton Wrote: I'd like a lb or dl at that pick, but I think they'll go with the best wr available. Get someone burrow can build a tandem with, who can learn from Green (assuming he's here).

If green is gone, I'd say the odds of a wr there go up exponentially. Why? Because I like the word.

Which word? I'd, say, the, odds, of, a, wr, there, go, up or exponentially?  I'm guessing exponentially, but only because it appears to be a $15 word as opposed to a .12 cent word like the rest.   Smirk
I agree though. If Green is gone they'll absolutely go wr..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 05:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You forgot "Mike Brown is clearly letting ZT be the GM and it's working!"

Clearly he's handed over the reigns to Katie... New Dey!!!

GTFOH...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 05:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think we would have to use FA to get an OL and LB if we go WR in the 2nd...

You've been around long enough to know that neither Thuney nor Trevathen are on this team's radar. Hell I wanted Trevathen back when we had Burfict. Maybe when he's completely spent we'll get him like we did Dansby... I almost forget that he ever played here. He killed it for the Browns while we square pegged a round hole with Harrison... Who also had a resurgence when he left here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think you fix this team in one offseason by drafting Burrow, Jonah Williams playing like a high 1st, addressing guard and linebacker in the draft/FA, and continuing to feature Mixon so that Burrow isn’t asked to be an elite QB his rookie year. I think we have a good core of WRs and TEs and i think our d Line will do. Our d line would do better with better linebackers. If our secondary is healthy i have faith. BW Webb should never see another minute he’s horrible
Reply/Quote
Damon Arnette, Ohio State & Jeff Gladney, TCU are both CBs we shouldn't rule out.. Especially if we trade Dre K.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote