Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Things Bengals new Regime Needs to do
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/19/18181234/3-things-the-bengals-new-regime-needs-to-do

Good article, & I agree with most of it. Except the part about Nick Vigil. I think he actually played pretty well last year. I thought the terrible LB core was even worse when Nick was injured. When he was out I thought it was a noticeable difference. What is everyone’s else thoughts on Vigil going forward?

The other stuff in here was ok, & I agree with. How they need to surround Taylor with experienced Assistants, need OT, LB, TE help (obviously), & utilize current roster talent. Sounds like a solid plan to me.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 11:01 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/19/18181234/3-things-the-bengals-new-regime-needs-to-do

Good article, & I agree with most of it. Except the part about Nick Vigil. I think he actually played pretty well last year. I thought the terrible LB core was even worse when Nick was injured. When he was out I thought it was a noticeable difference. What is everyone’s else thoughts on Vigil going forward?

The other stuff in here was ok, & I agree with. How they need to surround Taylor with experienced Assistants, need OT, LB, TE help (obviously), & utilize current roster talent. Sounds like a solid plan to me.

I agree, Vigil is better than he gets credit for. I disagree with him that Kroft and Uzo are not great playmakers. Year before last, when we lost Eifert, Kroft stepped his game up and did well. Last year Uzo broke out on his own and had a pretty impressive season, even though he was playing hurt. 
Reply/Quote
I would like to see the conditioning coaches replaced. I know I sound like a broken record but if your guys can’t stay healthy, you got to start there.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 11:01 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/19/18181234/3-things-the-bengals-new-regime-needs-to-do

They're pretty spot on in my mind. I agree with you on Vigil, I think he's decent.

The TE situation is complicated. Kroft and Uzomah are both good #2 TE's. Do you bring one back ? if so which one ?both back ? Then there's Eifert.
I wouldn't bring him back on anything but a league minimum type deal with performance bonuses.

It's gonna be interesting to see what they do on the free agent market.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 11:46 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They're pretty spot on in my mind. I agree with you on Vigil, I think he's decent.

The TE situation is complicated. Kroft and Uzomah are both good #2 TE's. Do you bring one back ? if so which one ?both back ? Then there's Eifert.
I wouldn't bring him back on anything but a league minimum type deal with performance bonuses.

It's gonna be interesting to see what they do on the free agent market.

The way we go through tight ends, we bring them both back....
Reply/Quote
It's kind of obvious things. Hire good, experience HC's, improve the roster, etc. Obvious things.

Vigil is decent. Not good. Not bad. On a rookie contract it's appealing to keep him. If he were making $5-6 million a year, then I'd say replace him.

The biggest thing Vigil has going for him is that he should improve more next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 11:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I agree, Vigil is better than he gets credit for. I disagree with him that Kroft and Uzo are not great playmakers. Year before last, when we lost Eifert, Kroft stepped his game up and did well. Last year Uzo broke out on his own and had a pretty impressive season, even though he was playing hurt. 

Yeah, Vigil is alright when he is healthy, better than our other Backers.

(01-20-2019, 11:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The way we go through tight ends, we bring them both back....

Good point, TE's get injured a lot. But draft one in the mid rounds, really deep draft with lots of talented TE's this year.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like it was written by a person who just read these boards.

Surprised it did not suggest playing Auden Tate more and releasing Dre Kirkpatrick.
Reply/Quote
Vigil is a 4th LB on alot of teams.
he couldnt start for any other AFC North team.
if Vigil is your best LB then thats a red flag.
hes improved his open field tackling. but his coverage skills lack and he struggles to shed. hes not a game change ala Odell Thurman
I let Kroft walk. resign Uzomah. get Eifert on the cheap but draft a TE that can give you serious YAC.
Id even sign FA TE..ask the Steelers and Colts how that method worked out.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 03:11 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Vigil is a 4th LB on alot of teams.
hes improved his open field tackling. but his coverage skills lack and he struggles to shed. hes not a game change ala Odell Thurman
I let Kroft walk. resign Uzomah. get Eifert on the cheap but draft a TE that can give you serious YAC.

Our Linebackers are the biggest red flag in the NFL lol
Reply/Quote
What do you think about moving Williams to a safety/linebacker hybrid and drafting another safety?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 03:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: What do you think about moving Williams to a safety/linebacker hybrid and drafting another safety?

Would not be against it, he looks a bit big for a Safety anyways out there. He would cover a heck of a lot better than our Linebackers that we have and he can hit. Shawn actually had a pretty good year along side Bates who i think helped him more than we even know. It is nice having a guy that can cover like Bates and is a ballhawk, helped Shawn get his picks.

The Linebackers made it hard on everyone. Hope we get Del Rio in here, think he has some nice pieces to work with just has to solidify the LB core which i really believe he could do no problem. Add a LB like KJ Wright, draft Devin White and we are instantly improved with a new LB coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 03:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: What do you think about moving Williams to a safety/linebacker hybrid and drafting another safety?

Williams has quietly came into his own. rarely did you him out of position. I think he was a victim of Austins 
backwards scheme last year. he played better when Lewis took the reins.
would not be surprised to see the Bengals sign a vet to help solidy depth.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 03:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Our Linebackers are the biggest red flag in the NFL lol

True.  However, I think Vigil looks really good when he was next to a healthy Burfict.  Much like an offensive line, you need talent across the board at LB or the entire unit will suffer.  I think a more aggressive scheme, with a higher blitz rate, will benefit Vigil a great deal.  The guy has speed and can strike when he is only worried about his assignment.  

I really hope Devin White falls to us and he is the next Odell Thurman (without the issues...sorry, but I had to say it for the jinx factor).  

Get White, and a FA LB that grades out as solid in coverage with good speed, and Vigil and you have a pretty solid starting three.  I think Evans is decent enough for depth.  I would also look at a later round draft pick of a hybrid safety/LB that could be groomed to be a third down guy.  
Reply/Quote
Wow. What games were you guys watching? Vigil has been well below average. He is a borderline nfl player. If he sees the field other than special teams your team is in trouble. Im guessing the reason people feel he is decent is because he looks better than hardy nickerson who is the worst lb ive ever seen in the nfl. If we get some real lbs I think people will realize how bad vigil actually is.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: True.  However, I think Vigil looks really good when he was next to a healthy Burfict.  Much like an offensive line, you need talent across the board at LB or the entire unit will suffer.  I think a more aggressive scheme, with a higher blitz rate, will benefit Vigil a great deal.  The guy has speed and can strike when he is only worried about his assignment.  

I really hope Devin White falls to us and he is the next Odell Thurman (without the issues...sorry, but I had to say it for the jinx factor).  

Get White, and a FA LB that grades out as solid in coverage with good speed, and Vigil and you have a pretty solid starting three.  I think Evans is decent enough for depth.  I would also look at a later round draft pick of a hybrid safety/LB that could be groomed to be a third down guy.  

Agree, like somebody said the other day when Vigil is your best LBer things go to hell. Vigil however being your 3rd best LBer and he's able to play to his strength and would be a pretty good backer.
Reply/Quote
1. Be more aggressive in free agency.
2. Be willing to make trades during the season.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 09:19 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Wow.  What games were you guys watching?  Vigil has been well below average.  He is a borderline nfl player.  If he sees the field other than special teams your team is in trouble.  Im guessing the reason people feel he is decent is because he looks better than hardy nickerson who is the worst lb ive ever seen in the nfl.  If we get some real lbs I think people will realize how bad vigil actually is.

Vigil is not star, but he is a starter on most teams.
Reply/Quote
Vigil should be the third-best LB on a team. He's a solid player, but he's no game changer.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 03:11 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Vigil is a 4th LB on alot of teams.

Don't even waste time with Eifert. He's not worth the risk. I'd rather see the Bengals go after Jared Cook. At least he's more reliable and he put up his best statistical season at 31 years old. He'd be a good stopgap while a TE is groomed for 1-2 years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote