Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 months for Rape
(06-06-2016, 04:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://m.sfgate.com/crime/article/Ex-Stanford-swimmer-to-serve-6-months-in-7960806.php

Guy was from Dayton Ohio.

Dayton Rapin' Ohio?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-06-2016, 04:27 PM)Millhouse Wrote: They can put someone from the ghetto away for weed for years, but this elitist asshole gets off light for raping an unconscience girl.

Rape is wrong. But does the girl shoulder any responsibility for getting herself so stupidly drunk? She went to the party with her sister. Where was her sister when she was fall down drunk? I have a daughter who will be going to college next fall. I am trying to be realistic with her and accepting that there will be drinking and sex. But I am also trying to warn her about the responsibility of drinking. That she needs to have a "buddy system" if she goes out drinking that she and her friends will watch out for each other should someone in their group get stupid drunk. Also that someone should agree ahead of time to be the "DD" type who holds back that night and stays relatively sober. And finally NEVER to drink too much when she does not have a support system with her.
(06-07-2016, 11:03 AM)Beaker Wrote: Rape is wrong. But does the girl shoulder any responsibility for getting herself so stupidly drunk? She went to the party with her sister. Where was her sister when she was fall down drunk? I have a daughter who will be going to college next fall. I am trying to be realistic with her and accepting that there will be drinking and sex. But I am also trying to warn her about the responsibility of drinking. That she needs to have a "buddy system" if she goes out drinking that she and her friends will watch out for each other should someone in their group get stupid drunk. Also that someone should agree ahead of time to be the "DD" type who holds back that night and stays relatively sober. And finally NEVER to drink too much when she does not have a support system with her.

No.

Next question?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-07-2016, 11:03 AM)Beaker Wrote: Rape is wrong. But does the girl shoulder any responsibility for getting herself so stupidly drunk?

Ahh victim blaming.

I suppose she probably shouldn't have been wearing what she was wearing and probably gave off non-verbal signals all night, too. Plus you know - boys will be boys. Har har har har har.

Hey I'm gonna come rob you. You should shoulder the responsibility - I wouldn't have stolen your stuff if you didn't have so much nice stuff.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-07-2016, 11:03 AM)Beaker Wrote: Rape is wrong. But does the girl shoulder any responsibility for getting herself so stupidly drunk? She went to the party with her sister. Where was her sister when she was fall down drunk? I have a daughter who will be going to college next fall. I am trying to be realistic with her and accepting that there will be drinking and sex. But I am also trying to warn her about the responsibility of drinking. That she needs to have a "buddy system" if she goes out drinking that she and her friends will watch out for each other should someone in their group get stupid drunk. Also that someone should agree ahead of time to be the "DD" type who holds back that night and stays relatively sober. And finally NEVER to drink too much when she does not have a support system with her.

i doubt you would blame your daughter if she was raped (or at least i hope you wouldnt)

so no, she shoulders no blame
People suck

Ever had a couple too many and had some guy you didn't know rough you up and have sex with you?
(06-07-2016, 11:03 AM)Beaker Wrote: Rape is wrong. But does the girl shoulder any responsibility for getting herself so stupidly drunk?

Is this a real question?
(06-07-2016, 11:03 AM)Beaker Wrote: But does the girl shoulder any responsibility for getting herself so stupidly drunk?

No. The fact that women have to seriously consider going in packs when drinking to avoid a henious act being committed against them is sad in our society. When men know that they can rape someone and, in the rare case that they are convicted, potentially only get 3 months in jail, not prison, there is little deterrent for the behavior.

And reading about the experiences she had to go through immediately after being raped in order to even bring a small bit of justice...

We don't have a rape culture...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-07-2016, 11:21 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Ahh victim blaming.

Hey....all the cool kids are doing it, in regards to Trump supporters.
(06-07-2016, 11:21 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Ahh victim blaming.

I suppose she probably shouldn't have been wearing what she was wearing and probably gave off non-verbal signals all night, too. Plus you know - boys will be boys. Har har har har har.

Hey I'm gonna come rob you. You should shoulder the responsibility - I wouldn't have stolen your stuff if you didn't have so much nice stuff.
....or I wouldn't have attacked you if you didn't go to that Trump rally.

It's amusing how quickly folks will accept sole blame and not suggest someone else might have shared the blame.

What if she had said: "Come get it" and dropped her drawers?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-07-2016, 12:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ....or I wouldn't have attacked you if you didn't go to that Trump rally.

It's amusing how quickly folks will accept sole blame and not suggest someone else might have shared the blame.

but ya know, thats not what happened

she was unconscious and he ****** her without her consent

rape
People suck
(06-07-2016, 12:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ....or I wouldn't have attacked you if you didn't go to that Trump rally.

Do you think she shared the blame?

(06-07-2016, 12:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What if she had said: "Come get it" and dropped her drawers?

Did she say and do that?
(06-07-2016, 12:33 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Do you think she shared the blame?

Once she became unconscious: nope. 

(06-07-2016, 12:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Once she became unconscious: nope. 

If she was not unconscious and still did not consent, would she have shared the blame?

(06-07-2016, 12:35 PM)Benton Wrote: Did she say and do that?

Well the male said it was consensual; she said she doesn't remember. As i have said: once she became unconscious he should have stopped where ever he was at. There is no excuse.    

(06-07-2016, 12:40 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If she was not unconscious and still did not consent, would she have shared the blame?

Of course not. Is this a trick question?

(06-07-2016, 12:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course not. Is this a trick question?

No, just trying to understand why you felt the need to qualify your answer with "once she became unconscious". 

(06-07-2016, 12:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, just trying to understand why you felt the need to qualify your answer with "once she became unconscious". 

Because she could have consented, as he said; however, once she passed out that consent is withdrawn. 

(06-07-2016, 12:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, just trying to understand why you felt the need to qualify your answer with "once she became unconscious". 

Daniel is still arguing from the "Do we have a rape culture" thread.

Hold on tight...this should be thrilling!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.