Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 months for Rape
(06-07-2016, 01:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What bleeding heart liberal even started this thread and mentioned outrage at the lenient sentence?

I mean "No". 

Your stance apparently is he should have stopped once she passed out. The problem is it shouldn't have happened if she was that close to blacking out. People don't go from slightly buzzed to passed out. He knew he was preying on someone who was severely incapacitated.
(06-07-2016, 01:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: Your stance apparently is he should have stopped once she passed out. The problem is it shouldn't have happened if she was that close to blacking out. People don't go from slightly buzzed to passed out. He knew he was preying on someone who was severely incapacitated.

You have no idea of his or her state of mind.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-07-2016, 12:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What if she had said: "Come get it" and dropped her drawers?

(06-07-2016, 01:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have no idea of his or her state of mind.

Oh the irony.

Here is what I know.  A jury heard days of testimony and unanimously agreed that he intended to commit a rape.  The boy knew he was guilty as hell and that is why he tried to run away when he was caught in the act.

But keep making up stuff out of thin air to cast some blame on the victim.
(06-07-2016, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh the irony.

Here is what I know.  A jury heard days of testimony and unanimously agreed that he intended to commit a rape.  The boy knew he was guilty as hell and that is why he tried to run away when he was caught in the act.

But keep making up stuff out of thin air to cast some blame on the victim.

Who the hell has blamed the victim in this situation? Sometimes the bumper stickers just don't apply. I seen earlier where Beaker posed the question. The conversation took a turn toward mitigation and i simply suggest IF she was conscious she could have shared in the responsibility. Folks try too hard to paint someone it a poor light sometimes. 

I have seen posts recently that do state someone besides the attacker can share the blame; simply by saying things. What's your opinion on that?

(06-07-2016, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have no idea if she "never" consented. Hell she states she doesn't even know if she did. 

I see the is getting back to the "Is drunken consent, consent?" spin.

I wonder how that happened.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-07-2016, 01:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Folks try too hard to paint someone it a poor light sometimes. 

yes they do.

see:

(06-07-2016, 12:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What if she had said: "Come get it" and dropped her drawers?
(06-07-2016, 01:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have seen posts recently that do state someone besides the attacker can share the blame; simply by saying things. What's your opinion on that?

The law is clear that it is illegal to use words to incite violence.  And I agree with that.
(06-07-2016, 11:03 AM)Beaker Wrote:  But does the girl shoulder any responsibility for getting herself so stupidly drunk?

(06-07-2016, 12:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's amusing how quickly folks will accept sole blame and not suggest someone else might have shared the blame.

What if she had said: "Come get it" and dropped her drawers?

(06-07-2016, 01:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who the hell has blamed the victim in this situation? 

I can think of a couple guys...

And before it turns into 'we were just asking questions to define the situation' someone saying 'aren't you a [insert favorite derogatory term]' is no different than saying 'you're a [insert favorite derogatory term].' Both instances put blame on the victim for being too drunk.
(06-07-2016, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have no idea if she "never" consented. Hell she states she doesn't even know if she did. 

I see the is getting back to the "Is drunken consent, consent?" spin.

IF (used to show a hypothetical) she consented and was conscious then she would have been an active participant in the action. later remorse would be a poor excuse. Once (to show a non-hypothetical) she passed out; I don't care if she have her Vajayjay decorated with candy canes and Christmas lights; there is no consent.

I have zero idea how much clearer I can make this position; apparently yes or no is required. So please pose futher questions in the appropriate manner and I will comply. 

I didn't know you were entertaining a hypothetical scenario where she may have consented.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-07-2016, 02:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I didn't know you were entertaining a hypothetical scenario where she may have consented.

try to keep up

its bfine
People suck
(06-07-2016, 12:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ....or I wouldn't have attacked you if you didn't go to that Trump rally.

It's amusing how quickly folks will accept sole blame and not suggest someone else might have shared the blame.

Oh I forgot I totally signed off on those idiots attacking the Trump rally!

Thanks for reminding me of things that never happened. Did your imaginary friend in the sky tells you about that?
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-07-2016, 12:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have no idea what her exact words were; that is why I started with "What if". The male said she consented; I have no idea how she communicated that consent. 

I'm gonna take this as you consenting to me taking your car.

It's still auto theft.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-07-2016, 12:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ....or I wouldn't have attacked you if you didn't go to that Trump rally.

It's amusing how quickly folks will accept sole blame and not suggest someone else might have shared the blame.

Not on this board.

Not "shared" blame.

But keep trying.

So let's take your little fantasy there:

If she did that and then passed out it's still rape to me.  I don't know about legally.

But then I don't understand why a guy wants to have sex with a girl who is passed out anyway.

And beyond that there would be no "shared blame".  There would be consent I suppose.  There could be other circumstances.

But keep trying.  You'll find a legal way to rape someone soon.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-07-2016, 02:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not on this board.

Not "shared" blame.

But keep trying.

So let's take your little fantasy there:

If she did that and then passed out it's still rape to me.  I don't know about legally.

But then I don't understand why a guy wants to have sex with a girl who is passed out anyway.

And beyond that there would be no "shared blame".  There would be consent I suppose.  There could be other circumstances.

But keep trying.  You'll find a legal way to rape someone soon.

hide yo kids, hide yo wives
People suck
(06-07-2016, 12:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  The male said she consented; I have no idea how she communicated that consent. 

Why do you believe him?
(06-07-2016, 02:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: But keep trying.  You'll find a legal way to rape someone soon.

...and this will be my last reply to GMDino in this forum.

Totally without class and sophomoric in nature. You have ran your course. 

(06-07-2016, 03:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do you believe him?

I would have to hear the testimony of others. Did not say if I believed him. I simply asked a "what if". I did not know the effects it would have on the sensibilities of many in the forum.

Really don't know what folks are looking for. I started the thread because I read this and was appalled. Someone else suggested perhaps she shared some of the blame. I stated there could be a case, in which, she could and clearly stated that was not the case in this situation.

Folks are just too narrow-minded often time to explore variables I suppose. 

(06-07-2016, 11:21 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Ahh victim blaming.

I suppose she probably shouldn't have been wearing what she was wearing and probably gave off non-verbal signals all night, too. Plus you know - boys will be boys. Har har har har har.

Hey I'm gonna come rob you. You should shoulder the responsibility - I wouldn't have stolen your stuff if you didn't have so much nice stuff.

(06-07-2016, 11:24 AM)Griever Wrote: i doubt you would blame your daughter if she was raped (or at least i hope you wouldnt)

so no, she shoulders no blame

(06-07-2016, 11:46 AM)Benton Wrote: Ever had a couple too many and had some guy you didn't know rough you up and have sex with you?

(06-07-2016, 11:52 AM)Au165 Wrote: Is this a real question?

(06-07-2016, 11:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No. The fact that women have to seriously consider going in packs when drinking to avoid a henious act being committed against them is sad in our society. When men know that they can rape someone and, in the rare case that they are convicted, potentially only get 3 months in jail, not prison, there is little deterrent for the behavior.

And reading about the experiences she had to go through immediately after being raped in order to even bring a small bit of justice...

We don't have a rape culture...

Yes. It was a real question. Should she be blamed for being raped? No. Is she stupid for getting so drunk she put herself in a dangerous situation? Yes. And before you all start with the rape culture stuff, men have to worry about that stuff too. They will not likely be raped, but they can be physically assaulted and robbed. I would consider myself stupid if I got fall down drunk, passed out in an alley, and was assaulted and robbed. Should I have had to worry about that? In a perfect world, no. In the real world, yes. For both men and women, there are people who will take advantage of you when you are in a compromised or weakened position. That's simply reality. Again, should she be BLAMED....no. Should she have demonstrated better common sense....yes.
(06-07-2016, 03:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would have to hear the testimony of others. Did not say if I believed him. I simply asked a "what if". I did not know the effects it would have on the sensibilities of many in the forum.

Really don't know what folks are looking for. I started the thread because I read this and was appalled. Someone else suggested perhaps she shared some of the blame. I stated there could be a case, in which, she could and clearly stated that was not the case in this situation.

Folks are just too narrow-minded often time to explore variables I suppose. 

The issuse is it can't both be a crime, AND the victim have culpability in it. Both of those statements can't be true otherwise it wouldn't be a crime. If the victim consented there would be no crime and we wouldn't be having this discussion. You follow?
(06-07-2016, 03:58 PM)Beaker Wrote: Again, should she be BLAMED....no. Should she have demonstrated better common sense....yes.

You are in fact blaming here because she didn't show better common sense.