Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd Presidential Debate
I'll start this thread off with this

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/521744-trump-campaign-demands-change-to-final-debate-topics

The Trump campaign is demanding a change in the topics because they favor Biden. The topics chosen by the moderator are coronavirus pandemic, American families, race in America, climate change, national security, and leadership.

The Trump campaign is claiming it was promised that the debate would focus on foreign policy and that not focusing on foreign policy helps Biden.

The Biden campaign called this a lie and said the campaigns agreed that the moderator would pick and never agreed that it would be a debate focused on foreign policy.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/19/will-joe-biden-get-any-questions-in-the-final-debate-about-hunter-bidens-foreign-pay-for-play/

This article refers to a debate commission making the topic list but describe the moderator as quoted below.

"The debate, moderated by NBC’s Kristen Welker — who celebrated Christmas with the Obamas and whose family has donated thousands to Democrats including Joe Biden — will feature questions on “Fighting COVID-19,” “American Families,” “Race in America,” “Climate Change,” “National Security,” and “Leadership.”
Reply/Quote
Can't Trump just cancel this one too?
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see it canceled
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:13 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/19/will-joe-biden-get-any-questions-in-the-final-debate-about-hunter-bidens-foreign-pay-for-play/

This article refers to a debate commission making the topic list but describe the moderator as quoted below.

"The debate, moderated by NBC’s Kristen Welker — who celebrated Christmas with the Obamas and whose family has donated thousands to Democrats including Joe Biden — will feature questions on “Fighting COVID-19,” “American Families,” “Race in America,” “Climate Change,” “National Security,” and “Leadership.”

Nothing to see here....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:13 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/19/will-joe-biden-get-any-questions-in-the-final-debate-about-hunter-bidens-foreign-pay-for-play/

Makes you wonder why the Trump campaign previously agreed to this moderator.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:43 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Makes you wonder why the Trump campaign previously agreed to this moderator.

Maybe Trump is still hoping "Hidin' Biden" will chicken out and claim he has that fake Covid?
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nothing to see here....

The blinders on the "woke" are just out of this world, unbelievably astounding.  
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe Trump is still hoping "Hidin' Biden" will chicken out and claim he has that fake Covid?

Biden has chickened out.  Called a lid the first day of email scandal and now a lid for most of this week.  Poor CBS reporter.  How dare he ask a legit question.  If this isn't hiding I don't know what is.

2 horribly biased moderators.    Election committee biased.  No reason to cancel 2nd debate other than to save Biden.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 11:31 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Biden has chickened out.  Called a lid the first day of email scandal and now a lid for most of this week.  Poor CBS reporter.  How dare he ask a legit question.  If this isn't hiding I don't know what is.

2 horribly biased moderators.    Election committee biased.  No reason to cancel 2nd debate other than to save Biden.

Trump was the one who refused to do the 2nd debate, but how would canceling debates "save Biden"? Biden looked far better than Trump did in the first debate. His town hall was better rated too. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 11:24 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: The blinders on the "woke" are just out of this world, unbelievably astounding.  

Like the blinders on the Trump "non-defenders" that ignore that the campaigns have to agree to these moderators well ahead of time? $100 says that the Trump campaign agrees to the moderator with the intention all along of pulling this and having their state media complain about the "bias" of the moderator.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I'm curious if the debate commission are willing to replace/change moderators at the participants request.

Has that ever been done & if so would the public even know about it.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 07:40 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Like the blinders on the Trump "non-defenders" that ignore that the campaigns have to agree to these moderators well ahead of time? $100 says that the Trump campaign agrees to the moderator with the intention all along of pulling this and having their state media complain about the "bias" of the moderator.

Good point, if Trump hand picks a moderator he won't get to play the victim card his fans seem to suddenly love now that a rich white republican man is playing it. 
Reply/Quote
Quote:“Fighting COVID-19,” “American Families,” “Race in America,” “Climate Change,” “National Security,” and “Leadership.”

What's the problem? Is our President incapable of discussing these issues? Seem pretty critical to me.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 12:52 PM)Big Boss Wrote: What's the problem?  Is our President incapable of discussing these issues?  Seem pretty critical to me.

Trump, like any great leader, will stomp his feet and cry unfair in the face of adversity.  I'd prefer to see Jorgensen debate Biden and Trump can stay home and tell his followers whatever he wants.  It doesn't matter at this point. 

If Trump doesn't want to debate he shouldn't have joined one of the 2 major parties. Simple as that.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump, like any great leader, will stomp his feet and cry unfair in the face of adversity. 

Could be worse. He could be like Biden and challenge them to a physical contest of some kind. 
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Could be worse. He could be like Biden and challenge them to a physical contest of some kind. 

THIS THURSDAY

[Image: 32242df9-349c-48df-ae9f-026df9d5287e-lar...2218011998]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:21 PM)Big Boss Wrote: THIS THURSDAY

[Image: 32242df9-349c-48df-ae9f-026df9d5287e-lar...2218011998]

Anyone else willing to spend money to watch a Revenge of the Nerds like decathalon between Trump and Biden?  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Could be worse. He could be like Biden and challenge them to a physical contest of some kind. 

I wonder where Biden would get the crazy idea that Americans would vote for someone who acts like an elderly parody of a schoolyard bully.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Anyone else willing to spend money to watch a Revenge of the Nerds like decathalon between Trump and Biden?  Smirk

No.

But . . .

[Image: duel-large.jpg]

Now we’re talkin’.
Reply/Quote