Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd Presidential Debate
(10-22-2020, 01:11 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And how'd that work out for Hillary?

That's opinion based off of other opinions.

I think Trump should debate Biden and make it last 2 hours or longer. Biden start noticeably slurring his words the longer it lasts.  Not a good thing for a POTUS candidate.

Is this "slurring" really gonna look all that bad if it does happen? It's not like he's debating some great orator... The president managed to sound stupid while claiming Biden was stupid the last go round. Not that that was the only time.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:47 PM)jason Wrote: Is this "slurring" really gonna look all that bad if it does happen? It's not like he's debating some great orator... The president managed to sound stupid while claiming Biden was stupid the last go round. Not that that was the only time.

This is my thing, why is the Trump camp lowering expectations for Biden? Like, this whole election they've been like "he's demented! He can't speak! He's a feeble old man!" When you do that, it just means that Biden walking out without a walker and speaking in coherent sentences makes him look stronger. I don't get it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:55 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is my thing, why is the Trump camp lowering expectations for Biden? Like, this whole election they've been like "he's demented! He can't speak! He's a feeble old man!" When you do that, it just means that Biden walking out without a walker and speaking in coherent sentences makes him look stronger. I don't get it.

I have thought it was pretty stupid also.

But even when they were proven wrong in the first debate many people here still believe their claims.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have thought it was pretty stupid also.

But even when they were proven wrong in the first debate many people here still believe their claims.

Yeah, but the people believing it believed it all along. They're looking for any reason to cling to the idea that Trump is the better choice.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:23 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What poll numbers? Are they from the same people that said Hills would win by a landslide?

The polls in 2016 had most of the results within the "margin of error".  In other words most of the swing states that Trump won were very close races according to the polls.  When you have a poll with a margin of error of "+/- 2 points" it is not out of reason that Hillary being projected ahead by 2 points could be wrong.

This year Biden is ahead by a much larger margin in these states.  And his lead has been very steady for a long time.  It has not been going up an down like what was happening in 2016.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: None of them want to get elected and get much accomplished,

In 2008 Obama ran on health care reform and pulling our economy out of a economic collapse.

And he delivered on both.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:23 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I watched the dam thing. My GP has it and does the same thing JB was doing after being engaged in a conversation for too long.

What does your GP have?

Because alzeheimers and dementia are not "time sensitive".  

And Biden was not slurring his words at the end of the last debate.  If he was then Foxnews would have ran the clips a thousand times.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:55 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is my thing, why is the Trump camp lowering expectations for Biden? Like, this whole election they've been like "he's demented! He can't speak! He's a feeble old man!" When you do that, it just means that Biden walking out without a walker and speaking in coherent sentences makes him look stronger. I don't get it.

That's why they have to keep the retort that he's on drugs or using an earpiece in their back pocket in the event he doesn't look demented. 

If Biden looks feeble and demented they are right and if he doesn't then they are still right because he's clearly on some cheating magic tonic or is a brainless puppet.  Whether they are right or wrong they are still right in the minds of those who choose to believe. 

I can picture Trump as the Bengals HC. We're gonna beat the Steelers because Ben is in a wheelchair and throws 12 interceptions per game  and if he can play and and plays well it's just proof he's on PEDs and needs to be suspended.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Like the tired, old act that he is DJT has reached into his bag of tricks and fold a golden oldie:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
I'm rattled to my core.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Who is gonna win, Turnip or Bidet?

So far this debate seems way too restrained, but I guess there is time for it to get back to WWF territory. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 09:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who is gonna win, Turnip or Bidet?

So far this debate seems way too restrained, but I guess there is time for it to get back to WWF territory. 

One of them is a WWE Hall of Famer.

It's kind of sad that they have to mute mics just to keep it civil though. These are two grown ass men acting like children and one of them is going to sit in the highest executive seat in the country. I know toddlers with more self control than these two showed in the first debate.
Reply/Quote
The Senate GOP refused to hold a vote on the crime reform bill that Biden and Obama supported.

After they left office, the Senate GOP then supported it.

Trump threatened to veto it until Ivanka got Kanye to convince Trump not to.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Biden just called the "Proud Boys" the "Po' Boys." That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Biden is a lot more likeable than Hillary, that's for sure.
Reply/Quote
Quick thoughts as I go between this and a terrible football game:

Trump's only line is "Why didn't you do it already". It carries no impact

Joe often sounds confused but I think it's more speech than cognitive

Joe is giving straight forward answers

Moderator is doing much better than Wallace it both control and fair questions.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
the carbon footprint to produce windmills is worse than...

what an asshole.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 11:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Quick thoughts as I go between this and a terrible football game:

Trump's only line is "Why didn't you do it already". It carries no impact

Joe often sounds confused but I think it's more speech than cognitive

Joe is giving straight forward answers

Moderator is doing much better than Wallace it both control and fair questions.

Did you learn to evaluate cognition during your anthropology class?
Reply/Quote
I haven't seen that many sites with an analysis on the debate tonight (actually, only one), and it had Biden as the winner.

The questions were obviously favored to help Biden, which was clear by Biden reading notes before the moderator even asked the first question, but Trump, for the most part, kept his cool and didn't interrupt Biden or the moderator.

I actually think Biden didn't do too badly.

Back to a lot of it being scripted, though, Biden said something about Rudy Giulian, forgot where he was going with it, started to say "I better not......" again like he's been trained to do when he loses his train of thought, but then he remembered it and continued on with what he was saying.

One of Trump's strong points (that I had never even considered) is making the minimum decided by the states rather than having a national minimum wage, which is genius because some states are doing better economically and can afford to pay more than other states.

I think that doing that could do A LOT for our country.

Who do you think won? What stood out to you?
Reply/Quote
One early poll from Rhode Island: 61% say Biden won. 36% say Trump. In a blue state.

But 14% say they changed their minds. Maybe more of a shift to Biden?

https://www.wpri.com/news/elections/instant-poll-who-won-the-presidential-debate/#/questions
Reply/Quote