Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Reasons To Believe In The Bengals!
(07-07-2018, 12:55 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Until MB comes up with some different results.  Changes are good ......... but mean nothing without results.

Your level of enjoyment in life is based more on perspective than actual results.

When it comes to things you can't control like your favorite sports team you can either say "Hey I'm feeling positive because I think things might change for the better" or "Life is sh*t and it won't get any better".  It doesn't effect the decisions in your life and when the results arrive everyone will feel exactly the same, but some people will have been happy more.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2018, 09:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Your level of enjoyment in life is based more on perspective than actual results.

When it comes to things you can't control like your favorite sports team you can either say "Hey I'm feeling positive because I think things might change for the better" or "Life is sh*t and it won't get any better".  It doesn't effect the decisions in your life and when the results arrive everyone will feel exactly the same, but some people will have been happy more.

Fans have more control than you think and this year might be a good example. Ticket sales tanked and I’m sure apparel and stuff did too. Seeing a major drop in profits could cause a reaction.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 08:35 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Fans have more control than you think and this year might be a good example. Ticket sales tanked and I’m sure apparel and stuff did too. Seeing a major drop in profits could cause a reaction.

maybe a little...its the TV money thats important
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2018, 09:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Your level of enjoyment in life is based more on perspective than actual results.

Being a veteran, I went from a 2nd row 50 yard line fan, to casual cameos here and at website, and will follow the scores each week but will never contribute financially to their salaries and only watch primetime games that happen to fall into my 'life' schedule.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 11:37 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Being a veteran, I went from a 2nd row 50 yard line fan, to casual cameos here and at website, and will follow the scores each week but will never contribute financially to their salaries and only watch primetime games that happen to fall into my 'life' schedule.

To each his own.  I'm going to watch every game, and will be attending the Dolphins game.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 12:09 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: To each his own.  I'm going to watch every game, and will be attending the Dolphins game.  

I think it should be a great year to do so. The FO actually made pretty much every move i wanted them to make this
Offseason for once. New proven LT, new young stud Center, new solid tackling LB and most of all, new O-line coach.

The people that don't see these moves as a big difference from the past befuddle me. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 02:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The people that don't see these moves as a big difference from the past befuddle me. Mellow

Me too.  Lots of things to be excited about this year.
Reply/Quote
Staying with 7-9, no playoffs.

(I would love to be wrong about this, but after 26 years of disappointment, I will, again, hope for the best, expect the worse.)
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 02:51 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Staying with 7-9, no playoffs.  

(I would love to be wrong about this, but after 26 years of disappointment, I will, again, hope for the best, expect the worse.)

Crazy, i understand not getting your hopes up after being a Bengal fan for so long but we won 7 games last year
with Ogbuehi at LT, Bodine at Center, Paul Alexander as the O-line coach, Ken Zampese as the OC, Bill Lazor having
to adjust and take over a Frankenstein Playbook, the worst running game in the entire NFL, Eifert injured once again,
no production from our 1st round pick, a tired Defense with Paulie G playing off the Receivers in the Zone etc.

This year we have Cordy Glenn a proven NFL player at LT, Billy Price arguably the best Center in the Draft, Frank
frickin' Pollack the guy who coached arguably the best O-line in the NFL as our new O-line coach, Bill Lazor having a
full Offseason to implement his OWN Playbook, two very talented RB's, a new Defensive Coordinator that makes his
Secondarys thrive off Turnovers etc.

Could speak of more reasons to be positive... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 03:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Crazy, i understand not getting your hopes up after being a Bengal fan for so long but we won 7 games last year
with Ogbuehi at LT, Bodine at Center, Paul Alexander as the O-line coach, Ken Zampese as the OC, Bill Lazor having
to adjust and take over a Frankenstein Playbook, the worst running game in the entire NFL, Eifert injured once again,
no production from our 1st round pick, a tired Defense with Paulie G playing off the Receivers in the Zone etc.

This year we have Cordy Glenn a proven NFL player at LT, Billy Price arguably the best Center in the Draft, Frank
frickin' Pollack the guy who coached arguably the best O-line in the NFL as our new O-line coach, Bill Lazor having a
full Offseason to implement his OWN Playbook, two very talented RB's, a new Defensive Coordinator that makes his
Secondarys thrive off Turnovers etc.

Could speak of more reasons to be positive... Mellow

Like AJ said, 2015 was the window.  Dalton goes down and the Bengals can't punch it in, even with a sure victory in the playoff game, they find a way to give it away.

The 2018 Eagles had almost an identical situation with a second year HC.  They 'found' a way to win.  That's the difference with this franchise since 1990.

You don't even have to look past the division to see the difference:

1970 - 1989:  PB  Owner/HC   Bengals 19 wins - Steelers 20 wins

1990 - Present:  MB  Owner   Bengals 16 wins - Steelers 40 wins

Would love to see some change in history but the two times the Bengals played in the SB, they had the #1 seed.  Hard to accomplish that with the Steelers owning them like they do.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 03:28 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Like AJ said, 2015 was the window.  Dalton goes down and the Bengals can't punch it in, even with a sure victory in the playoff game, they find a way to give it away.

The 2018 Eagles had almost an identical situation with a second year HC.  They 'found' a way to win.  That's the difference with this franchise since 1990.

You don't even have to look past the division to see the difference:

1970 - 1989:  PB  Owner/HC   Bengals 19 wins - Steelers 20 wins

1990 - Present:  MB  Owner   Bengals 16 wins - Steelers 40 wins

Would love to see some change in history but the two times the Bengals played in the SB, they had the #1 seed.  Hard to accomplish that with the Steelers owning them like they do.

It should go a long way in beating the Steelers having a decent O-line.

We will at the very least split with them if the O-line is decent, we should of split with them last year if it wasn't
for the 2nd half collapse. We don't play the Steelers until midseason so the O-line should be gelling by then.

We won 7 games last season with the shittiest Offensive Line in the NFL.

I would think we would win more than 7 games this year with a decent Offensive Line.

To say we will only win 7 games after all these upgrades to me is not even doing your homework, like i said, crazy.

If we would of stood pat and kept PA and all these shitty players i could understand you, but we didn't.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 06:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It should go a long way in beating the Steelers having a decent O-line.

We will at the very least split with them if the O-line is decent, we should of split with them last year if it wasn't
for the 2nd half collapse. We don't play the Steelers until midseason so the O-line should be gelling by then.

We won 7 games last season with the shittiest Offensive Line in the NFL.

I would think we would win more than 7 games this year with a decent Offensive Line.

To say we will only win 7 games after all these upgrades to me is not even doing your homework, like i said, crazy.

If we would of stood pat and kept PA and all these shitty players i could understand you, but we didn't.

Nobody had a clue they would only win 6 games in 2016. Either 2016 or 2017, double check WHO they beat! ?
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 10:52 AM)cooper Wrote: maybe a little...its the TV money thats important

The revenue sharing helps too. However, if other teams think your shit stinks? They will voice it privately.

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 06:54 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Nobody had a clue they would only win 6 games in 2016. Either 2016 or 2017, double check WHO they beat! ?

Whatever man, i still believe thinking we will only win as many games as last year when we had those schlubs at
LT and Center is ludicrous. Adding Frank Pollack, Cordy Glenn and Billy Price should do wonders for this team if
Glenn and Price can stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 12:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whatever man, i still believe thinking we will only win as many games as last year when we had those schlubs at
LT and Center is ludicrous. Adding Frank Pollack, Cordy Glenn and Billy Price should do wonders for this team if
Glenn and Price can stay healthy.

Stick to your guns Nate! No reason not feel optimistic this year. My life isn't dictated by what my favorite professional team does. I'd rather be positive than negative. Now when OSU loses, I'm a sonofbitch to be around!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 12:37 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Stick to your guns Nate! No reason not feel optimistic this year. My life isn't dictated by what my favorite professional team does. I'd rather be positive than negative. Now when OSU loses, I'm a sonofbitch to be around!! Hilarious

Lol, you are a good man Wedge. I understand some Bengal fans not wanting to get their hopes up but i have to
stay positive and there are tons of reasons why this year Bengal fans should. A lot more reasons to be positive
then negative. These new coaches and players will make a positive difference over that shit we had last year.

Guaranfrickintee it.
Reply/Quote
I still believe !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 12:09 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: To each his own.  I'm going to watch every game, and will be attending the Dolphins game.  

Holler at me, sec 108, row 1, seat 13 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 12:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lol, you are a good man Wedge. I understand some Bengal fans not wanting to get their hopes up but i have to
stay positive and there are tons of reasons why this year Bengal fans should. A lot more reasons to be positive
then negative. These new coaches and players will make a positive difference over that shit we had last year.

Guaranfrickintee it.

Absolutely agree

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:46 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Holler at me, sec 108, row 1, seat 13 

Will try and find ya'!   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote