Poll: Who wins?
49ers win
Bengals win
Beats me
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
49ers Game Prediction Thread
That was a rough loss Sunday to be sure, but with five games remaining and a shot at a Wild Card berth or Division title, it's time to look to Sunday! The 6-6 49ers visit PBS fresh off of a disappointing loss to Seattle, having been swept by the Seahawks. Prior to that, they won three consecutive games, including an impressive win over the division rival Rams. Like the Bengals, it's a question as to which 49ers team will show up on Sunday.

I had us losing to the Chargers and then having a letdown versus the 49ers, but the Bengals had other plans. So, I'll flip the script and hope we got the suckiness out of our system last week.

The score (an inversion of SB XVI):

49ers 21
Bengals 26

What say you?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The last time the Bengals gave up 41 points and lost, they came back the next game to score 41 points themselves and blow out their opponent. In addition, they've only lost more than 1 game in a row once this season.

Thus, I say the Bengals score 41 and the 49ers score less than 41 (can't really give a definitive answer until we see who's out on defense besides Logan Wilson).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately not feeling it this week for the Bengals!

28-17 SF.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 11:54 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: That was a rough loss Sunday to be sure, but with five games remaining and a shot at a Wild Card berth or Division title, it's time to look to Sunday! The 6-6 49ers visit PBS fresh off of a disappointing loss to Seattle, having been swept by the Seahawks. Prior to that, they won three consecutive games, including an impressive win over the division rival Rams. Like the Bengals, it's a question as to which 49ers team will show up on Sunday.

I had us losing to the Chargers and then having a letdown versus the 49ers, but the Bengals had other plans. So, I'll flip the script and hope we got the suckiness out of our system last week.

The score (an inversion of SB XVI):

49ers 21
Bengals 26

What say you?

If Burrow plays, and Deebo Samuel is still out, I think we win.
Reply/Quote
20-16
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 12:10 PM)Interceptor Wrote: 20-16

Who has 20 and who has 16? You've given us NOTHING. YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY, SIR!
Reply/Quote
31 to 3 49ers Burrow shouldn't play this week he is hurting the team.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 12:34 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 31 to 3 49ers Burrow shouldn't play this week he is hurting the team.

So are you saying we only score 3 with Burrow, or is that with Brandon Allen at QB? 75% Burrow is better than 100% Allen. You’re just being silly .
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 12:35 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: So are you saying we only score 3 with Burrow, or is that with Brandon Allen at QB? 75% Burrow is better than 100% Allen.  You’re just being silly .

That pinky dislocation is no joke. Burrow has above average accuracy. His accuracy next 2 weeks worse than Lamar
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 12:34 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 31 to 3 49ers Burrow shouldn't play this week he is hurting the team.

Burrow accounted for 12 of our 22 points (1 TD passing 1 TD rushing) against the Chargers and should've had another TD pass that Chase turned into an INT. How did that hurt the team?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 12:40 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: That pinky dislocation is no joke. Burrow has above average accuracy. His accuracy next 2 weeks worse than Lamar

Lamar is currently completing 64% of his passes. 
Reply/Quote
I predict that either San Francisco or Cincinnati wins this game.
Reply/Quote

...What?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 12:40 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: That pinky dislocation is no joke. Burrow has above average accuracy. His accuracy next 2 weeks worse than Lamar

You have absolutely no evidence to prove this. He played every series after the sack fumble with that dislocated pinky, and he threw for 300 yards 1 TD, 1 rushing TD and 1 complete Dime to chase that 100% fell on chase for the pick. His last pick was a terrible decision. So again, you have no evidence but you’re own pessimistic mind.
Reply/Quote
I went with 49ers.
I've explained in other threads why I think they would (creative play calling in the run game).
I trust Shanahan over Taylor.
It also doesn't help that this game got flexed later, which can help when a PST team goes to EST timezone.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 01:34 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: ...What?

I can only assume it's because of the amount of INTs Burrow has, but quite a few of his INTs were from bobbles by the receiver.
All I'll say is that while Burrow hasn't been perfect, the backups are terrible and would almost guarantee a loss.
At least there's a chance with Burrow at QB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I got my first prediction of the year wrong last week (albeit I didn't predict the Packers, Jets or Browns games because I had a bad feeling). The Chargers matched up really well against us on both sides of the ball. I do think if we play them again it will be closer and we could actually win. But their defense matches up well against our offense.

That said, the 49ers defense will be a tough matchup as they are so solid along the defensive line. Their offense isn't nearly as explosive though, and their secondary isn't amazing. I think we match up better and really need the win. Should be a good bounce back game. But we could always get dominated up front and get sacked into oblivion.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 12:10 PM)Interceptor Wrote: 20-16

Yup, 49'ers win. Eli Apple drops a gifted Jimmy G interception shifting the game's momentum to a come from behind victory for SF. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals win, browns win moving Bengals into first in the division.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 01:35 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You have absolutely no evidence to prove this. He played every series after the sack fumble with that dislocated pinky, and he threw for 300 yards 1 TD, 1 rushing TD and 1 complete Dime to chase that 100% fell on chase for the pick. His last pick was a terrible decision. So again, you have no evidence but you’re own pessimistic mind.
I have a 2 game sample with Derek Carr yeah not same player but Burrow is human he will be less accurrate. Heaven forbid it gets worse season over. BTW Raiders were 12-4 that season so they had a good team.
Reply/Quote