Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 YEARS IN A ROW IN PLAYOFFS AWESOME
(12-20-2015, 11:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Let me try and say this as tactfully as i can...

Even ****ing the same super model gets old after a while.

Tell that to Macaroni...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:10 AM)Brandon00151 Wrote: Hate to be a Debbie Downer but  Andy's finger needs to heal or else it will be 5 one and dones in a row as well..

I disagree.
There is a possibility Andys finger doesn't heal, doesn't play another game this year, and Bengals still win a playoff game. 

I like my chances better with a healthy Dalton back in there.
But I'm not going to be a joy kill at this point and miss out on the journey of what could be the furthest this team has gone in an extremely long time.  What that means is, we could still be watching something special in this team this year, and yet moaning about not making it and not enjoying the journey.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Glad we're back in the playoffs. Now let's get the playoff win monkey off our back.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:49 AM)Wfredtoast Wrote: Only among their own fans.

Last year even with all of our injuries a large number of media experts picked us to beat the Colts on the road in the pklayoffs.

There is a certain portion of Bengal fans who are like insecure teenage girls.  they think everyone is making fun of them even when it is not true.  

I guess you watch absolutely zero NFL coverage then or go on internet football related posts!!

Here is a perfect example ESPN posted on Facebook the Bengals made the playoffs today, while taking a shot at them losing the last four playoff games, and you say they are only the butt of jokes by Cincinnati fans just read the comments:

https://m.facebook.com/SportsCenter/photos/a.166942843324566.37299.147262525292598/1282948628390643/?type=3&source=48

This is echoed everywhere, so please with your ridiculous statement!!
Reply/Quote
The past five years have been great to be a Bengal's fan.

This year ANY potential team they would play in the playoffs is scary -- Houston obviously because the Bengals have only ever played one good game against them (last year), Pittsburgh because we don't want to play those a-holes thrice, Denver especially if the game is in Denver and KC which IMO is the scariest team of them all.

I KNOW the Bengals can win at least one of the next two games and that 12-4 might be good enough for the first round bye esp if the win comes at Denver. Let's all become Ravens and Browns fans over the next two weeks.
Reply/Quote
We are spoiled for sure to make it to the post season 5 years in a row, awesome indeed.

Now to take the next step and get that 500 pound gorilla off our back.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 10:44 AM)corpjet Wrote: We are spoiled for sure to make it to the post season 5 years in a row, awesome indeed.

Now to take the next step and get that 500 pound gorilla off our back.

And let hope that gorilla is the steelers! There could be no sweeter team to break our playoff losing streak against.
Reply/Quote
Few indeed.....only Denver, New England, Green Bay and Cincinnati ........and Coach Lewis is doing a GREAT job.....GO BENGALS !!!! Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Anyone who has watched this team in the Shula, Coslet, and LeBeau years knows what this means.  

I can remember only asking that we would actually be playing meaningful games in December.   Now we are a perennial playoff team and one of the best organizations in the league.

Great point.

The team deserves some credit to make the playoffs 5 years in a row. That said, the time is now to actually win a game. It will be tougher this year to win one with McCarron than it was to win any of the past ones.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:10 AM)Brandon00151 Wrote: Hate to be a Debbie Downer but  Andy's finger needs to heal or else it will be 5 one and dones in a row as well..

Bengals are # 4 in offense and # 2 in defense and we have a SUPER BOWL DEFENSE.....so please don't go down on Debbie over this.....We have a SUPER BOWL DEFENSE and a lot of weapons on offense. ....Bengals just clinched 5th straight play-offs, the best success this franchise has ever had.....Happy Holidays !!!!....Go Bengals !!!!!
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Very few teams have made it 5 years in a row to the playoffs... it is so hard to keep consistent and over come injuries etc for a team in this era to do that... Sure we want more but also we should at least take a bow for what we have accomplished making it 5 years in a row.  Now on to Denver and lets lock up a bye in 1st round for sure

Yeah, not many fans have a team like this one, we are blessed.

If we can beat the Broncos next week we can get that bye and Dalton should be back and we can make a run at it all.

I like McCarron but Dalton is our guy if he is healthy.
Reply/Quote
Congrats to the Bengals for a 5th consecutive playoff appearance. Definitely not an easy feat in today's NFL. It's an accomplishment that the organization and the fan base should be proud of.

The next step is to make that achievement finally translate into a long awaited postseason victory.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:22 PM)Whacked Wrote: Maybe I'm whacked as my moniker conveys but as long as the STOOLERS don't win a play off game, the season will be a success for me personally no matter how we fair.

Yeah, really. I can't stand them that badly. Lol

LOL ......I guess you and I are both Whacked then!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Let me try and say this as tactfully as i can...

Even ****ing the same super model gets old after a while.

Well, I'm willing to make the huge personal sacrifice of having sex with Kate Upton for the next couple of years, just to test your theory. Now, if I can just get Kate to agree.  Excited  LOL

Seriously though, making the playoffs it great. Making it 5 years in a row is awesome. But, it has to eventually translate into some sort of postseason accomplishment, or it just becomes a collection of wasted opportunities. Let's hope that this is the year that regular season success finally carries over into the playoffs.

To quote Marvin..."Just getting there isn't enough".
Reply/Quote
I agree with those who want to enjoy and congratulate the regular season success.

Like others have said... we ALL want a post season win and much more.

There's a lot to like about the Dalton era teams.

Just go to the Game Ball threads throughout the season.

Most of the time people have a hard time picking a player on both sides of the ball.

That right there folks is part of the ride. We have enjoyed the play of this team. The key word is team.

This era is even more enjoyable than those with Palmer because the talent is spread out.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Not to sound cynical, but don't the "WE MADE THE PLAYOFFS X YEARS IN A ROW AND MANY TEAMS WOULD LOVE THAT" threads usually appear after we go one-n-done?

IF we fail to win a playoff game this year and are reduced to talking about how jealous the Rams, Browns, and Raiders would be of our ability to make the playoffs I will continue to reluctantly agree. Still, this is getting to be like a better version of the whole "Hey, we were 3-13 BUT we swept the Steelers!" mantra of 1998.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 03:01 AM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: I guess you watch absolutely zero NFL coverage then or go on internet football related posts!!

Here is a perfect example ESPN posted on Facebook the Bengals made the playoffs today, while taking a shot at them losing the last four playoff games, and you say they are only the butt of jokes by Cincinnati fans just read the comments:

https://m.facebook.com/SportsCenter/photos/a.166942843324566.37299.147262525292598/1282948628390643/?type=3&source=48

This is echoed everywhere, so please with your ridiculous statement!!

This is a perfect example of how insecure many Bengal fans are.  The fact that they said we lost the last four games is not "taking a shgot" or "making a joke" about the Bengals.  It is just stating a fact.  You need to stop being so hyer-sensitive. 

Now to prove that I pay more attention to the national perception of the bengals why don't you address the fact that many media experts picked the Bengals to win last year in INdy even though we were decimated by injuries and playing on the road?

USAToday....4 of 7 picked Bengals......http://sportswire.usatoday.com/2015/01/02/wild-card-playoff-picks/

CBSSports experts 6 of 8 picked the Bengals

SBNation 5 of 7 picked the Bengals to beat the Colts.

ESPN was split with the Colts getting one more pick (7 to 6) than the Bengals.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/3/7480851/colts-bengals-2015-picks-predictions-nfl-playoffs-wild-card-round
Reply/Quote