Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m.
35 minutes left, what's the roster count at?
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 04:25 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: 35 minutes left, what's the roster count at?

63 still...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 04:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: 63 still...

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-reduce-2020-roster-to-53-players

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 04:47 PM)Okeana Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-reduce-2020-roster-to-53-players

Yes! There it is! Congratulations to Zac, Brian, and Lou. It couldn’t have been easy to get to the 53 man roster without a preseason.
Reply/Quote
Who has the crush on Redmond?
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 04:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Who has the crush on Redmond?

I don't get it either. I still think his leash is short. 

FWIW, listening to Hoard and Lapham on the Bengals Booth Podcast and they're both a bit down on Xavier Sua-Filo's camp. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 04:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Who has the crush on Redmond?

Jim Turner, maybe?
Reply/Quote
Last 10: Morgan (WR), Washington (WR), Mauigoa (C/G), Godsil (LS), Bledsoe (DE), McKenzie (DT/OG), Smith (DB), Spears (LB), Futrell (Edge), Henderson (S).

Updated waivers from today = 13. Dolegala (QB), Allen (QB), Patrick (RB), Irwin (WR), Lodge (WR), Schreck (TE), Franks (TE), Wilcox (TE), Knipfel (OT), Akinmoladun (DE), Dishon (DT), McTyer (CB), Rose (CB).

23 cuts total. Waynes is on the 53. When he joins Wren on IR, we have 1 more spot.

Went 52/53 on my roster, post Calitro deal. Only miss was we kept a 9th DL (A. Brown) instead of another corner (Rose). It also seems like Henderson will not be Waynes' replacement, as reports say we want another corner.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 04:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Who has the crush on Redmond?

Jim Turner does

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 05:17 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Last 10: Morgan (WR), Washington (WR), Mauigoa (C/G), Godsil (LS), Bledsoe (DE), McKenzie (DT/OG), Smith (DB), Spears (LB), Futrell (Edge), Henderson (S).

Updated waivers from today = 13. Dolegala (QB), Allen (QB), Patrick (RB), Irwin (WR), Lodge (WR), Schreck (TE), Franks (TE), Wilcox (TE), Knipfel (OT), Akinmoladun (DE), Dishon (DT), McTyer (CB), Rose (CB).

23 cuts total. Waynes is on the 53. When he joins Wren on IR, we have 1 more spot.

Went 52/53 on my roster, post Calitro deal. Only miss was we kept a 9th DL (A. Brown) instead of another corner (Rose). It also seems like Henderson will not be Waynes' replacement, as reports say we want another corner.

I like Andrew Brown, glad he wasn't cut.

Talented player made for a 3-4.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 05:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Andrew Brown, glad he wasn't cut.

Talented player made for a 3-4.

In retrospect, the roster decisions make a ton of sense. What I mean is, that with no preseason games, it is very difficult for a new/unproven player to unseat a guy who has a proven track record with the team. It is tough to give more weight to scrimmage performance over game performance. 

One could say the draft picks are unproven, but we scouted those guys extensively and had saw many of them up close at Senior Bowl. Ditto our big FA signings, all of whom made the team (including Sims & Thomas).

Other than the draft picks/FAs very few "new" guys made the team. Of those, Perine was with the team last year and Covington was a trade acquisition and Reader likely vouched for him from their time in Houston together.

The only real newbie to make the team was T. Brown at corner. And I could be missing a connection there.
Reply/Quote
Here is the 53. 25 on O. 25 on D. 3 ST. Waynes will be put on IR and someone will replace him.

QB (2). Burrow; Finley.
RB (4). Mixon; Bernard, T. Williams, Perine.
WR (7). Green, Boyd, Ross; Higgins, Tate, Erickson, Thomas.
TE (3). Uzomah; Sample, Carter
OL (9). J. Williams, Jordan, Hopkins, XSF, Hart; Johnson, Price, Redmond.
DL (9). Dunlap, Atkins, Reader, Hubbard; Lawson, Daniels, Covington, Kareem, A. Brown.
LB (6). Bynes, Pratt; L. Wilson, ADG, Evans, Bailey.
CB (6). Jackson, Alexander, Phillips; Sims, T. Brown, Waynes
S (4). Bell, Bates; S. Williams, B. Wilson.
ST (3). Bullock, Huber, Harris.
Reply/Quote
my biggest gripes are Evans and Redmond. Those guys are just dudes on a union contract who haven't done shit in years, but always get a job because they have been around longer.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 05:50 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: In retrospect, the roster decisions make a ton of sense. What I mean is, that with no preseason games, it is very difficult for a new/unproven player to unseat a guy who has a proven track record with the team. It is tough to give more weight to scrimmage performance over game performance. 

One could say the draft picks are unproven, but we scouted those guys extensively and had saw many of them up close at Senior Bowl. Ditto our big FA signings, all of whom made the team (including Sims & Thomas).

Other than the draft picks/FAs very few "new" guys made the team. Of those, Perine was with the team last year and Covington was a trade acquisition and Reader likely vouched for him from their time in Houston together.

The only real newbie to make the team was T. Brown at corner. And I could be missing a connection there.

Agreed, and Tony Brown has been playing really good in TC from what I hear.

(09-05-2020, 05:58 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Here is the 53. 25 on O. 25 on D. 3 ST. Waynes will be put on IR and someone will replace him.

QB (2). Burrow; Finley.
RB (4). Mixon; Bernard, T. Williams, Perine.
WR (7). Green, Boyd, Ross; Higgins, Tate, Erickson, Thomas.
TE (3). Uzomah; Sample, Carter
OL (9). J. Williams, Jordan, Hopkins, XSF, Hart; Johnson, Price, Redmond.
DL (9). Dunlap, Atkins, Reader, Hubbard; Lawson, Daniels, Covington, Kareem, A. Brown.
LB (6). Bynes, Pratt; L. Wilson, ADG, Evans, Bailey.
CB (6). Jackson, Alexander, Phillips; Sims, T. Brown, Waynes
S (4). Bell, Bates; S. Williams, B. Wilson.
ST (3). Bullock, Huber, Harris.

Just like I thought. Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 06:05 PM)Okeana Wrote: my biggest gripes are Evans and Redmond.  Those guys are just dudes on a union contract who haven't done shit in years, but always get a job because they have been around longer.

Evans has the size and speed to be a good Linebacker and he got in good shape this year, cannot believe he was so out of shape
before. No excuse for that when it is your job to be in great shape. Redmond can be a mauler if he isn't jumping offsides.

I can see why they kept both around.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 06:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Evans has the size and speed to be a good Linebacker and he got in good shape this year, cannot believe he was so out of shape
before. No excuse for that when it is your job to be in great shape. Redmond can be a mauler if he isn't jumping offsides.

Me, too. The issue is we do not have anyone whi has proven they are better. At LB, Futrell? Spears? At G, Mauigoa? Some of those guys may make the PS and get a chance to prove themselves as the year goes on. If they do, then we may move on from some guys.

I would say that this is the last year for those guys to prove they can play. Along with a few others (Price, A. Brown). 
Reply/Quote
Anyone have a prediction on what you think the PS will look like tomorrow after waiver time passes?
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 06:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Evans has the size and speed to be a good Linebacker and he got in good shape this year, cannot believe he was so out of shape

Same here. I never thought he was bad, but never reached the level I'd hoped either. Maybe getting his ass in shape will help him take that next step. Part of me says I'd wish he'd been cut so as not to take time from the rookies, but the other part of me says not to care who it that plays, so long as they get the job done. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

There is also no guarantee either player is on the roster on Monday.  We will gain 1 spot when Trae Waynes goes on IR but anyone else we pick up on waivers has to be on the week 1 roster.  #6 linebacker is a fairly obvious place to cut

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

doesn't matter because he sucks at the position.  I don't care about yoked up athletic guys at linebacker if they can't play the position.

Reply/Quote