Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m.
(09-06-2020, 01:03 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Thanks for posting. I wonder who we have coming in. Has to be a corner, in my mind.

I would say OL if Redmond is gone.  They'll pick up a CB with the Waynes IR move

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think cutting Redmond means a OLineman is being picked up.

The Wayne move will clear space for a corner.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
With Redmond gone I would be keeping an eye on these 2 guys for additional line help:

1) Calvin Throckmorton-(Oregon)- Bengals liked him in the senior bowl and he offers versatility on the line (G, RT)

2) Prince Tega Wanagho-(Auburn)- has the size for a RT, might be a project but the upside is there!!
Reply/Quote
and Redmond's replacement

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 07:36 PM)Okeana Wrote: doesn't matter because he sucks at the position.  I don't care about yoked up athletic guys at linebacker if they can't play the position.

Have to agree, but still, who should they have kept over him?

Simmons must of liked Evans for ST's, otherwise they would of kept Calitro.

Happy they traded Calitro for Covington.
Reply/Quote
For a team that supposedly bad, teams love Dolphins players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:25 PM)pally Wrote: and Redmond's replacement

Deion Shaq Calhoun eh...

Know nothing about him, must he an upgrade though just as long as he isn't a penalty machine.

Guess Turner didn't have as much of a crush on Redmond as people here thought. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Calhoun is a 2nd year OG out of Mississippi State. Signed as an UDFA by Miami where he played in 10 games starting 7. His best game last year was against the Bengals. coaches must have liked what they saw.

He was the ONLY player picked up via waivers. Look for McTyer or Rose to be re-signed to the 53 once Waynes hits IR. "

None of our waived players were picked up. But waiver activity was unusally low likely due to the whole COVID thing. Only 17 players were picked up. Usual number is around 50

Reply/Quote
Well, with first waiver priority, there is no need foe smoke screens with Rapoport.

See, keeping Redmond is NOT a problem. We could still upgrade and now we have done just that. And the Redmond must go crowd should also be happy. Everyone wins.

Speaking of winning, Calhoun has a $675k cap hit this year, Redmond was $2.133 million. Calhoun is also signed through 2021 and a RFA in 2022.
Reply/Quote
I was just on Spotrac trying to get info on Calhoun's salary and they have McKenzie on our active 53 and Waynes on IR.

Don't know much about McKenzie. DT out of Tennessee I think. Thought I read somewhere we lined him up at OG in some scrimmages/practices.
Reply/Quote
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTOBqiYgDIF9gYgG8pbl...g&usqp=CAU]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:31 PM)pally Wrote: Calhoun is a 2nd year OG out of Mississippi State.  Signed as an UDFA by Miami where he played in 10 games starting 7.  His best game last year was against the Bengals.  coaches must have liked what they saw.

He was the ONLY player picked up via waivers.  Look for McTyer or Rose to be re-signed to the 53 once Waynes hits IR.  "

None of our waived players were picked up.   But waiver activity was unusally low likely due to the whole COVID thing.  Only 17 players were picked up.  Usual number is around 50

Thanks Pally.

(09-06-2020, 01:41 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I was just on Spotrac trying to get info on Calhoun's salary and they have McKenzie on our active 53 and Waynes on IR.

Don't know much about McKenzie. DT out of Tennessee I think. Thought I read somewhere we lined him up at OG in some scrimmages/practices.

WTF Never heard of this McKenzie DT....
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:41 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I was just on Spotrac trying to get info on Calhoun's salary and they have McKenzie on our active 53 and Waynes on IR.

(09-06-2020, 01:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Pally.

We just signed McKenzie like two weeks ago. He played DT in college, but was moved to OG by the Chiefs, then Seahawks. The Bengals listed him back as a DT when we signed him. He’s the son of Reggie McKenzie, formed GM of the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Pally.

He was one of the guys we brought in halfway through camp. Him, Smith, Mauigoa, Sterk, & Bledsoe.
Reply/Quote
spotrac is likely just wrong about McKenzie. We picked him up a few weeks ago. He was a college DT, and his previous teams over the past few years have tried to move him to OG, unsuccessfully. We picked him up with an eye to letting him develop as a NT. His dad is Reggie McKenzie, an NFL personnel exec.

Calhoun and McKenzie both are minimum salary guys, so replacing Redmond with them saves us over a million bucks.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:56 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: We just signed McKenzie like two weeks ago. He played DT in college, but was moved to OG by the Chiefs, then Seahawks. The Bengals listed him back as a DT when we signed him. He’s the son of Reggie McKenzie, formed GM of the Raiders.

(09-06-2020, 01:56 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He was one of the guys we brought in halfway through camp. Him, Smith, Mauigoa, Sterk, & Bledsoe.

Thanks, follow the team fairly well but never heard of this dude.

Reminds me of Jason Shirley.

Shirley, you can't be serious? Don't call me Shirley...

(09-06-2020, 01:57 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: spotrac is likely just wrong about McKenzie. We picked him up a few weeks ago. He was a college DT, and his previous teams over the past few years have tried to move him to OG, unsuccessfully. We picked him up with an eye to letting him develop as a NT. His dad is Reggie McKenzie, an NFL personnel exec.

Calhoun and McKenzie both are minimum salary guys, so replacing Redmond with them saves us over a million bucks.

Thinking the same, we are way too deep on the D-line to be keeping around some dude like this.

We are just saving dough.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Pally.

Kahlil McKenzie was signed about a week or so ago.  6th round draft pick in 2018 by KC. Spent 2019 on Seahawks PS.  Played in XFL until injured and league shutdown.  Picked up again by Seattle, cut and signed by us.  Cut yesterday.  Played DT in college.  Moved to OG in NFL.  Son of former Oakland exec Reggie McKenzie

Reply/Quote
Calhoun for Redmond.

53 Man Roster

QB (2). Burrow; Finley.
RB (4). Mixon; Bernard, T. Williams, Perine.
WR (7). Green, Boyd, Ross; Higgins, Tate, Erickson, Thomas.
TE (3). Uzomah; Sample, Carter
OL (9). J. Williams, Jordan, Hopkins, XSF, Hart; Johnson, Price, Adeniji, Calhoun.
DL (9). Dunlap, Atkins, Reader, Hubbard; Lawson, Daniels, Covington, Kareem, A. Brown.
LB (6). Bynes, Pratt; L. Wilson, ADG, Evans, Bailey.
CB (6). Jackson, Alexander, Phillips; Sims, T. Brown, Waynes
S (4). Bell, Bates; S. Williams, B. Wilson.
ST (3). Bullock, Huber, Harris.
Reply/Quote
Just saw on another thread that we cannot put Waynes on IR until 4 pm. The waiver claim deadline was noon. Thus, we'd have had to cut someone ELSE to create space for Waynes' replacement.

Can see why we did not do that.
Reply/Quote
Practice Squad edition. 14/16 Used. Can't put Waynes on IR until 4pm. We will make another 53 man move after that (McTyer?).

53 Man Roster

QB (2). Burrow; Finley.
RB (4). Mixon; Bernard, T. Williams, Perine.
WR (7). Green, Boyd, Ross; Higgins, Tate, Erickson, Thomas.
TE (3). Uzomah; Sample, Carter
OL (9). J. Williams, Jordan, Hopkins, XSF, Hart; Johnson, Price, Adeniji, Calhoun.
DL (9). Dunlap, Atkins, Reader, Hubbard; Lawson, Daniels, Covington, Kareem, A. Brown.
LB (6). Bynes, Pratt; L. Wilson, ADG, Evans, Bailey.
CB (6). Jackson, Alexander, Phillips; Sims, T. Brown, Waynes
S (4). Bell, Bates; S. Williams, B. Wilson.
ST (3). Bullock, Huber, Harris.

Practice Squad (14/16).

1. Allen, QB (4th year)
2. Patrick, RB (rookie)
3. Morgan, WR (2nd year)
4. Irwin, WR (1st year)
5. Washington, WR (rookie)
6. Schreck, TE (3rd year)
7. Wilcox, TE (rookie)
8. Knipfel, OT (rookie)
9. McKenzie, OG/DT (2nd year)
10. Akinmoladun, DE (1st year)
11. Bledsoe, DE (1st year)
12. Futrell, DE/Edge (rookie)
13. Rose, CB (rookie)
14. Henderson (2nd year)

Will be interesting what position(s) we see McKenzie playing. Surprised we don't see McTyer, Dolegala, or Dishon.
Reply/Quote