Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 Habits of Depolarizing People
(02-24-2016, 04:58 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I think the main issue you have Fred is you are so old that you think that the topics that you learned carried over.  What kids are taught now is not what they were taught in the 1950s or 60s or 70s or 80s.

Even what you learned in college is different than what the kids are learning in college.

Of course this is my prognosis.  I think you have a disconnect with what the education system teaches it's students in today's classrooms.  You are still stuck in the classrooms of yesteryear.

I have kids in school.  I know more about whar they are teaching in Black History Month than you do.  you were the one claiming that it is all about teaching victim hood and white hating.  But that is not true at all.  what they mainly seem to teach is succes stories to prove that blacks can succeed and should not consider themselves victims.
I'm sure it's too late in the game for me to start watching now and there's no way I could ever go back and start from the beginning. They've had a buttload of seasons, haven't they?

If you're gonna do a genre with so many already there, you gotta find a unique approach. That's what I like so much about Zombieland and Shaun of The Dead.

Anyway, sorry to derail the thread. Back to polar ice. I prefer North Pole ice myself, btw.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(02-24-2016, 05:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: I often laugh at the concept that we would "come together" in a crisis like that.  I feel the show is much more realistic in that it would be clans and groups of survivors all fighting rather than working together.

Power grab. There will always be humans interested in that. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(02-24-2016, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have kids in school.  I know more about whar they are teaching in Black History Month than you do.  you were the one claiming that it is all about teaching victim hood and white hating.  But that is not true at all.  what they mainly seem to teach is succes stories to prove that blacks can succeed and should not consider themselves victims.

You know what is taught in your child's school so you know for a fact that they teach the same thing in all of the schools across the country?

It is quite possible that what was taught at Olyer (where I went to elementary), Porter (Jr. High) and Taft (High School) is quite different than what they teach your daughters in Tennessee. 

Not only that, but I am quite a bit older than your daughters.  Well, I dunno, how old are they?

Now, I can't say what they teach in schools these days, and I know that not every school is the same, however some of the stories that I have heard have not been complimentary to say the least. 

This is a video that is shown especially for Black History Month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBb5TgOXgNY

Doesn't look like they are empowering anyone, blacks are taught that they have been held back and whites are shown how "privileged" they are.

As a matter of fact the whole premise of celebrating black history and relegating it to a month is because of the notion that blacks aren't treated fairly and don't get to learn their history throughout the school year like the white kids do.
(02-24-2016, 06:59 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Now, I can't say what they teach in schools these days, and I know that not every school is the same, however some of the stories that I have heard have not been complimentary to say the least. 

That is because the only source you get your stories from are slanted to ward white supremacy.

You admit you have no clue what they teach in schools yet you have made dozens of posts squealling about what kids are taught in school.  Don't you realize how silly that sounds?
(02-24-2016, 06:59 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: It is quite possible that what was taught at Olyer (where I went to elementary), Porter (Jr. High) and Taft (High School) is quite different than what they teach your daughters in Tennessee. 

You don't know what they taught in your schools, remember.  You taught yourself everything.
(02-24-2016, 07:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You don't know what they taught in your schools, remember.  You taught yourself everything.

Oh my....

You think being an autodidact means I didn't go to school?

No silly!

I had to go to school.  However, I have learned more by doing my own research, and teaching myself.

A autodidact doesn't just magically KNOW everything.  That fallacy is where you, Pat and Dino have amused me the most.

You do have to research and experiment. 

Not only that, but you do have to go to school.  Even if school was a joke.
(02-24-2016, 07:11 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: A autodidact doesn't just magically KNOW everything.  That fallacy is where you, Pat and Dino have amused me the most.

You do have to research and experiment. 

Clearly they don't know everything about reading comprehension.  For example if you knew anything about reading comprehension you would know what this simple sentence meant........

(02-24-2016, 07:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote:   You taught yourself everything.
(02-24-2016, 07:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is because the only source you get your stories from are slanted to ward white supremacy.

You admit you have no clue what they teach in schools yet you have made dozens of posts squealling about what kids are taught in school.  Don't you realize how silly that sounds?

Not as silly as you sound by assuming that I only get my information from White supremacy sites.

Nope.  Try Yahoo, MSNBC, Fox, CNN, Huffpo as well as actually talking to other parents who do have children in school.

I can only paint a picture, but I am not actually there.

I do know that not every school teaches the same curriculum and not every teacher teaches the same.  So it would be unfair to say that I know for a fact that my son (if I sent him to public schools) would be taught the same as the children are being taught now.

That is why I said, I have no clue, because it is unknown. Things change.
(02-24-2016, 07:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Clearly they don't know everything about reading comprehension.  For example if you knew anything about reading comprehension you would know what this simple sentence meant........

Well, your many years of education didn't teach you how to understand definitions.  That is for sure.
(02-24-2016, 07:17 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Not as silly as you sound by assuming that I only get my information from White supremacy sites.

Sorry, but I can n ot think of any other reason for you to go on for days about how "No police officer has ever admitted to racial profiling" when it was covered in the news media.

PLus look at all the links you post.

All you do is look for sites that support your opinion.

For example, where did you learn about what was being taught in Black history Month?  What was your source for that?
(02-24-2016, 07:18 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Well, your many years of education didn't teach you how to understand definitions.  That is for sure.

Here is a tip.  Did you notice how I directly quoted a post to prove how clueless you were?  Perhaps you should try something like that.

Oh, wait, you can't because this is just another lie you made up.

Nevermind.
(02-24-2016, 07:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry, but I can n ot think of any other reason for you to go on for days about how "No police officer has ever admitted to racial profiling" when it was covered in the news media.

PLus look at all the links I post.

All you do is look for sites that support your opinion.

For example, where did you learn about what was being taught in Black history Month?  What was your source for that?

Yahoo.

Ahhh.  The whole "You are guilty of confirmation bias, where I on the other hand am completely grounded and objective."

Rolleyes
(02-24-2016, 07:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is a tip.  Did you notice how I directly quoted a post to prove how clueless you were?  Perhaps you should try something like that.

Oh, wait, you can't because this is just another lie you made up.

Nevermind.

Yeah.  I am the liar.  Go with that Fred.

Still thinking you've proven anything is so cute.
(02-24-2016, 04:47 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Oh, I am dishonest?

How about the original quote WITH the punctuation, such as the ?  that you have at the end.

IS THAT YOUR BELIEF?  I will even bold for you to see.

So my response was:

No, being black doesn't automatically make you poor, there are plenty of rich black people in our country.

For a teacher you are lacking in comprehension.  The meaning is clear.  I answer your question.  NO.

Then I followed up with my own take, that being black doesn't automatically make you poor. 

Yet, you have struggled to be honest.  Which is typical for people that are out of their depth, but can't admit that they are in too deep.

I already know what you are, and being a man is the furthest thing from it.  You can even add the dumb adjective to it.

Me asking if the point of viewed I offered is your belief doesn't take away from anything. I also wasn't saying that it was your belief. Notice the punctuation. If you reject a racial bias, do you accept a competing argument of a poverty rational?

Lol
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-24-2016, 08:01 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Yeah.  I am the liar.  Go with that Fred.

Still thinking you've proven anything is so cute.

You know how I know when I have 100% proven my point.?

When people don't even ATTEMPT to show that I am wrong.
(02-24-2016, 07:59 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Ahhh.  The whole "You are guilty of confirmation bias, where I on the other hand am completely grounded and objective."

Rolleyes

Yes, that is exactly what I said.

Thanks for proving that you can actually read something and repeat it back without changing the meaning.  It wasn't really that hard was it?
(02-24-2016, 08:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You know how I know when I have 100% proven my point.?

When you say so?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-24-2016, 08:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When you say so?

Ah, another post that does not even ATTEMPT to prove me wrong.

Thanks for the additional proof Bfine.

Anyone else want to help?
(02-24-2016, 09:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ah, another post that does not even ATTEMPT to prove me wrong.

Thanks for the additional proof Bfine.

Anyone else want to help?

Prove you wrong about what. You guys lost me about 3 pages ago when you began arguing in a thread about depolarization.

Sometimes you guys amuse more than at others. The direction this thread has gone is one of the more entertaining thread in the young history of this board.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]