Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
71% of Americans do not want to give Amnesty to DACA illegal aliens
(11-15-2017, 01:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If they are 18 or older and haven’t attempted to get legal then they are knowingly breaking the law.

The metaphor already covers this. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-15-2017, 10:00 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In this metaphor, it seems like the whole check out process is getting legal status, so DACA wouldn't be leaving without paying as much as it would be giving them access to a private express checkout lane. 

Yes, but we cannot have an express lane because people don't want to stand in line. They want to cut and some cashiers think we should check out those that cut in line and leave those standing orderly in line to never move ahead in the line.

Other cashiers are like: "Hey you cut. Go to the back of the line and wait your turn".    

Who is the liberal and who is the conservative in the example.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-15-2017, 02:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, but we cannot have an express lane because people don't want to stand in line. They want to cut and some cashiers think we should check out those that cut in line and leave those standing orderly in line to never move ahead in the line.

Other cashiers are like: "Hey you cut. Go to the back of the line and wait your turn".    

Who is the liberal and who is the conservative in the example.

It certainly is frustrating when all customers are not treated equally, but various express lanes exist for various reasons. Maybe they're a family member, they're being recruited by an employer, or, in this case, have lived here since they were children.

We do this because we seem to have an investment in these people, just as some businesses give preference to the customers they either have a longer relationships with, more investment in, or expect repeat business from (I know these don't all translate to this metaphor). In the case of DACA, we have an investment in young adults that are essentially Americans as they have grown up in our culture, been educated in our schools, and are currently contributing to our economy. It's also partially emotional.

(11-15-2017, 03:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It certainly is frustrating when all customers are not treated equally, but various express lanes exist for various reasons. Maybe they're a family member, they're being recruited by an employer, or, in this case, have lived here since they were children.

We do this because we seem to have an investment in these people, just as some businesses give preference to the customers they either have a longer relationships with, more investment in, or expect repeat business from (I know these don't all translate to this metaphor). In the case of DACA, we have an investment in young adults that are essentially Americans as they have grown up in our culture, been educated in our schools, and are currently contributing to our economy. It's also partially emotional.

There is no emotional argument here. You either broke the law or didn’t. Once they turned 18 and didn’t sort themselves out straight away they became as every other law breaking degenerate illegal.

Everyone has a choice. You either are part of civilized society and follow the laws or you are an outlaw and suffer the consequences eventually.
(11-15-2017, 04:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Everyone has a choice. You either are part of civilized society and follow the laws or you are an outlaw and suffer the consequences eventually.

I would wager that everyone that posts here is a lawbreaker.
(11-15-2017, 05:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I would wager that everyone that posts here is a lawbreaker.

Yes but citizen law breakers are our problems. Non citizen law breakers are not, we can just send them away.
The pedophile Roy Moore gets all his news from Dailywire, Drumph's fake news site.
(11-15-2017, 04:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is no emotional argument here.   You either broke the law or didn’t.   Once they turned 18 and didn’t sort themselves out straight away they became as every other law breaking degenerate illegal.  

Everyone has a choice.   You either are part of civilized society and follow the laws or you are an outlaw and suffer the consequences eventually.

Once again, your post is at odds with reality. Emotion does exist in our justice system. It's why we see stories where cops buy moms car seats after they're called to the store because she shoplifted some baby food. Or why people are given warnings. Or why judges often give rehabilitative sentences instead of punitive ones. 

(11-16-2017, 09:15 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Once again, your post is at odds with reality. Emotion does exist in our justice system. It's why we see stories where cops buy moms car seats after they're called to the store because she shoplifted some baby food. Or why people are given warnings. Or why judges often give rehabilitative sentences instead of punitive ones. 

For citizens. These acts of kindness are for citizens because we have to deal with citizens. It would be great to deport all law breakers, but we aren’t able to do that so we deal with who we have to deal with and deport other people’s problems.
(11-16-2017, 11:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 76690335.jpg]

fix your link

(11-16-2017, 11:32 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: fix your link

Mellow

[Image: Capture.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-16-2017, 11:44 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha you keep trying to pretend that any of that matters.   The only reason we poured money into this hole was because they came here illegally.    Once they made the adult decision to not get right with the law they became as bad as their law breaking parents.    Which is no surprise considering the apple probably doesn’t fall far from the tree.    We made a bad investment, and when you do that you cut ties and move on.   Time to cut these people off and move forward with law abiding people.  

Now for your group of people who once they turned 18 they started to make efforts to get right with the law.   Yes let’s help those.    But not the 36 year old who has allowed 18 years to pass before they started doing something.

Not sure who is purchased on The Internet other than Muslims buying up enslaved christian women.   You should probably discuss that with the muslims and ask them why they are Doug such a terrible thing.

Your emotional outburst is a really compelling argument: "They're bad because they want to stay here and contribute instead of being deported". 

Who is Doug?

(11-16-2017, 12:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I thought it was so the law was applied equality and not in a discriminatory fashion. 

AKA emotional "any of the feelings of joy, sorrow, fear, hate, love, etc."

If you want to argue emotion should play a role in sentencing (as you did when you refuted Lucie's claim that it should not) then that's your opinion; I just doubt that emotion should be a consideration.

As to the rest you and others know full well your intent, yet it is condoned and applauded.

(11-16-2017, 11:55 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Your emotional outburst is a really compelling argument: "They're bad because they want to stay here and contribute instead of being deported". 

Who is Doug?
We know that emotion should be reserved for adjudication and not argument.

Please keep the conversation civil and nonpersonal.

Thank you.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(11-16-2017, 02:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: AKA emotional "any of the feelings of joy, sorrow, fear, hate, love, etc."

If you want to argue emotion should play a role in sentencing (as you did when you refuted Lucie's claim that it should not) then that's your opinion; I just doubt that emotion should be a consideration.

As to the rest you and others know full well your intent, yet it is condoned and applauded.

Just my personal opinion, but if Justice *is* going to be biased I'd rather it be biased toward compassion of the human condition versus skin color, religion, politcal party, rich or poor.
(11-16-2017, 02:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: Just my personal opinion, but if Justice *is* going to be biased I'd rather it be biased toward compassion of the human condition versus skin color, religion, politcal party, rich or poor.

Then why are you liberal?

HEYYYYYYYY OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!  ThumbsUp
(11-16-2017, 03:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Then why are you liberal?

(11-16-2017, 03:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Then why are you liberal?

Good as place as any for this:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/368246-judge-blocks-trump-admin-from-ending-daca-program

Quote:Judge blocks Trump move to end DACA

A federal judge in San Francisco on Tuesday temporarily blocked the Trump administration from ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program that protects certain immigrants from deportation.

Judge William Alsup said the Obama-era program must remain in place while litigation over Trump’s decision to end the program plays out. In a court ruling, Alsup said the Department of Homeland Security's "decision to rescind DACA was based on a flawed legal premise." 

As a result, DACA recipients who failed to renew their status by last year’s deadline will have a chance to submit renewal applications.
The decision does not, however, allow new applications to be submitted.

"Dreamers' lives were thrown into chaos when the Trump Administration tried to terminate the DACA program without obeying the law," said California Attorney General Xavier Becerra, referring to DACA recipients. "Today's ruling is a huge step in the right direction."

"America is and has been home to Dreamers who courageously came forward, applied for DACA and did everything the federal government asked of them," Becerra added. "They followed DACA's rules, they succeeded in school, at work and in business, and they have contributed in building a better America. We will fight at every turn for their rights and opportunities so they may continue to contribute to America."

President Trump
 announced in September that he would rescind the program, which allows certain immigrants who arrived in the U.S. illegally as children to stay and work without fear of deportation.

DACA was among the issues discussed at a bipartisan immigration meeting on Tuesday. 

Trump indicated he would support what those in the room came up with, adding that he was willing to “take the heat” to back a bipartisan deal.

Trump at one point said he wants a “bill of love” to address DACA, and in another instance appeared to voice support for Sen. Dianne Feinstein's (D-Calif.) suggestion of a clean DACA bill while dealing with other issues, like border security, later.

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) quickly clarified Feinstein's comments, reminding Trump  of the need to implement border-security measures in exchange for DACA.
(01-10-2018, 12:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: Good as place as any for this:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/368246-judge-blocks-trump-admin-from-ending-daca-program

I just was to brag about my powers of prediction.

When I read the headline I could have predicted the city that the judge was from. Is anyone else on here as talented as I/