Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 dead in SC church shooting
(06-20-2015, 08:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yes. Clearly that part where I said I didn't like him and wouldn't vote for him evaded your wide and vast intellect 

Meh, you "like" him enough to defend his latest gaffe (you can only make so many gaffes before people just realize you are a partisan hack who can't hide it) and even go so far to assume I'm against him because I'm some sort of Republican-hater.  I see you tossed an insult in for good measure, too.  Nice.

Bottom line is that I really doubt someone like Rick Perry would make a gaffe and call a shooting by a Muslim an "accident" and it just reminds me of Fox News "accidentally" using footage that makes Republicans look better, etc. Accidents happen, but I've seen behind this curtain before.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
"90% of news stories consist of playing the victim card.  They seem a little obsessed with it."

The problem with the news/reporters today is they don't report the facts and let it fall where it may. They go out of their way to paint the helpless victim card and they do everything they can to become part of "the story". They try and circle the wagons around themselves and "the victims" in an us vs. the hated establishment mentality !

Who cares about the facts ?
(06-20-2015, 08:47 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: "90% of news stories consist of playing the victim card.  They seem a little obsessed with it."

The problem with the news/reporters today is they don't report the facts and let it fall where it may. They go out of their way to paint the helpless victim card and they do everything they can to become part of "the story". They try and circle the wagons around themselves and "the victims" in an us vs. the hated establishment mentality !

Who cares about the facts ?

That was exactly what I was implying, by sarcastically editing Fred's post.

A crime is a crime, a criminal is a criminal.  Race, creed, etc., does not and should not matter.  They need to stop trying to divide the Americans, and should be working to unite them.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-20-2015, 08:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, you "like" him enough to defend his latest gaffe (you can only make so many gaffes before people just realize you are a partisan hack who can't hide it) and even go so far to assume I'm against him because I'm some sort of Republican-hater.  I see you tossed an insult in for good measure, too.  Nice.

Bottom line is that I really doubt someone like Rick Perry would make a gaffe and call a shooting by a Muslim an "accident" and it just reminds me of Fox News "accidentally" using footage that makes Republicans look better, etc.  Accidents happen, but I've seen behind this curtain before.

We considering it was a pretty common mistake and in the area where Perry has well struggled before, it seems like you just hate Rick Perry and for no reason other than that, refuse to give him the benefit of the doubt on a common mistake. 
(06-20-2015, 09:52 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: We considering it was a pretty common mistake and in the area where Perry has well struggled before, it seems like you just hate Rick Perry and for no reason other than that, refuse to give him the benefit of the doubt on a common mistake. 

You don't seem to be addressing any of the reasons behind my lack of faith in Rick Perry's sincerity and ability, so I'll bid you good day.
Remember that ranch Rick Perry lived at? What was its name? Oh yeah, N-word head Ranch.

Yeah, Rick Perry is a ******* idiot and he will never be POTUS. **** that moron.
(06-20-2015, 10:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You don't seem to be addressing any of the reasons behind my lack of faith in Rick Perry's sincerity and ability, so I'll bid you good day.

You do realize you haven't actually given any.....all you have said is you don't want to give him the benefit of the doubt...for reasons. 

Quote:Bottom line is that I really doubt someone like Rick Perry would make a gaffe and call a shooting by a Muslim an "accident" and it just reminds me of Fox News "accidentally" using footage that makes Republicans look better, etc. Accidents happen, but I've seen behind this curtain before.

So...how is this not just because he's a republican? 
[Image: CH9pHAOWoAQHU-X.jpg]

jorts and a bowl cut. This guy was definitely a virgin.

Though, I'm thinking that might change in prison when he needs the Aryan Brotherhood to protect him from certain other inmates.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-20-2015, 09:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A crime is a crime, a criminal is a criminal.  Race, creed, etc., does not and should not matter. 

This is not true at all.  When a crime is motivated by race then everyone of that race is a victim.

It works on the same concept as terrorism.  

You constantly cry about Obama calling attacks by Muslin extremists "crimes" instead of "terrorism". but when the tables are turned you say the the exact opposite.  You are so blinded by your own prejudices that you don't even know which side of this argument you are on.

If a crime is just a crime then you have no problem calling the 9-11 attacks and the Fort Hood shooting "crimes" instead of "acts of terrorism", correct?
(06-22-2015, 05:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is not true at all.  When a crime is motivated by race then everyone of that race is a victim.

It works on the same concept as terrorism.  

You constantly cry about Obama calling attacks by Muslin extremists "crimes" instead of "terrorism". but when the tables are turned you say the the exact opposite.  You are so blinded by your own prejudices that you don't even know which side of this argument you are on.

If a crime is just a crime then you have no problem calling the 9-11 attacks and the Fort Hood shooting "crimes" instead of "acts of terrorism", correct?

Not to mention that by highlighting when crimes are motivated by race or other similar factors, it doesn't divide us but actually unites us. We understand that these beliefs still exist and we become less willing to accept the intolerance of others.

When you say "I have to do it. You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go." before you kill a group of people for being black, that's terrorism. That's a hate crime. His manifesto said that he wanted to start something against all of the black people. anyone who blames the media for making this about race is just dumb.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-22-2015, 05:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: CH9pHAOWoAQHU-X.jpg]

jorts and a bowl cut. This guy was definitely a virgin.

Though, I'm thinking that might change in prison when he needs the Aryan Brotherhood to protect him from certain other inmates.

Nice flowers though?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Sounds like they are getting the ball rolling on getting rid of that Confederate Flag at the state house....  Welcome to 1865 South Carolina.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-22-2015, 07:34 PM)jason Wrote: Sounds like they are getting the ball rolling on getting rid of that Confederate Flag at the state house....  Welcome to 1865 South Carolina.

Not sure how I feel about that.... Yeah it's a disgusting symbol. But it's history. I don't see the harm. The way the town has reacted is a testament to the people that the flag has no affect on them.... I think it's just a nonsense pc move.

We gonna tell buddists they can't use their symbol?

[Image: YOffz6Q.jpg]
(06-22-2015, 10:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not sure how I feel about that.... Yeah it's a disgusting symbol.   But it's history.   I don't see the harm.   The way the town has reacted is a testament to the people that the flag has no affect on them....    I think it's just a nonsense pc move.    

Like the way we changed the way we salute the flags because of the Nazi's?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-22-2015, 10:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not sure how I feel about that.... Yeah it's a disgusting symbol.   But it's history.   I don't see the harm.   The way the town has reacted is a testament to the people that the flag has no affect on them....    I think it's just a nonsense pc move.    

The swastika predates the Third Reich.  You would have a point if the Nazi flag was still flying in Munich. I really don't care what the Dalai Lama does.  I don't care that many southern states have some variation of the Confederate flag on their state flags. That  is history.  But the reverence that is shown for that flag (it hasn't been lowered at half mast) is just ridiculous.  I guess what I'm getting at is that I personally respect no flag but the stars and stripes....  Period.  PC has nothing to do with it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-22-2015, 10:51 PM)jason Wrote: The swastika predates the Third Reich.  You would have a point if the Nazi flag was still flying in Munich. I really don't care what the Dalai Lama does.  I don't care that many southern states have some variation of the Confederate flag on their state flags. That  is history.  But the reverence that is shown for that flag (it hasn't been lowered at half mast) is just ridiculous.  I guess what I'm getting at is that I personally respect no flag but the stars and stripes....  Period.  PC has nothing to do with it.

I live in the south. Please explain to me this reverence for the confederate flag?

Not really sure on flag protocol but the only flag that should be lowered is the Stars and Stripes I thought... I could be wrong.. ... Maybe someone with flag protocol knowledge can weigh in......
(06-22-2015, 11:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I live in the south.  Please explain to me this reverence for the confederate flag?  

Not really sure on flag protocol but the only flag that should be lowered is the Stars and Stripes I thought... I could be wrong.. ... Maybe someone with flag protocol knowledge can weigh in......
If I understood the reverence for that flag I would explain it to you.  I don't.  To me, it's a symbol of insurrection against the US at best, and a symbol of hate at the worst. I can't explain your surroundings for you.

South Florida aint exactly Mobile anyway.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-22-2015, 11:25 PM)jason Wrote: If I understood the reverence for that flag I would explain it to you.  I don't.  To me, it's a symbol of insurrection against the US at best, and a symbol of hate at the worst. I can't explain your surroundings for you.

South Florida aint exactly Mobile anyway.

It's just history.   If we don't keep it alive we could repeat it....  Keeping the flag in our sights reminds us of where we were and where we shouldn't be going.    If we bury it then it's just a memory that fades until it's forgotten.

And when it's forgotten is when we are at risk to repeat.
(06-23-2015, 12:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's just history.   If we don't keep it alive we could repeat it....  Keeping the flag in our sights reminds us of where we were and where we shouldn't be going.    If we bury it then it's just a memory that fades until it's forgotten.

And when it's forgotten is when we are at risk to repeat.

oh horse crap...museums are how we do what you are talking about.  I suppose you feel Germany should fly the Nazi flag as well.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

No affect?  Did you see the pic of the shooter holding a confederate flag two posts above your's?  I'd say it has a little bit of an affect.