Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
9-8
How many thought sitting 5-5 no Burrow with the tough schedule facing us we would go 4-3 and a winning record, I did not. Who dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: How many thought sitting 5-5 no Burrow with the tough schedule facing us we would go 4-3 and a winning record, I did not. Who dey

I’d have much rather played for picks. It’s just a moral victory that doesn’t do much of anything
Reply/Quote
I did not either

However you either want to be good and make playoffs or bad and get a good draft pick. Mediocre is the worst place to be…
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:28 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I did not either

However you either want to be good and make playoffs or bad and get a good draft pick. Mediocre is the worst place to be…

That's our specialty.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: How many thought sitting 5-5 no Burrow with the tough schedule facing us we would go 4-3 and a winning record, I did not. Who dey

Fair point Essex for sure - but my greedy side is still pissed about that flippin Stoolers loss, and the fact we would be in the playoffs had we shown up.

Pricks

lol
Reply/Quote
Yeah surprised we went that well but we looked horrible too often. Onward to next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:28 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’d have much rather played for picks. It’s just a moral victory that doesn’t do much of anything

So if we went 4-3 with Burrow you rather play for picks? Post was about what we expected anyway
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:36 PM)Whacked Wrote: Fair point Essex for sure - but my greedy side is still pissed about that flippin Stoolers loss, and the fact we would be in the playoffs had we shown up.

Pricks

lol

Well if we shown up at home with Texans or Tennessee with Burrow we are in playoffs 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So if we went 4-3 with Burrow you rather play for picks? Post was about what we expected anyway

How does that make any sense?  You said without Burrow.  Most of us knew we had very little chance when Burrow went down and with the defense being as poor as it was we had little to no chance of being successful if we did make the playoffs.  

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:28 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I did not either

I disagree winning  is not medicore , plus we were mediocre with Burrow should we have tanked after 5-5
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:43 PM)casear2727 Wrote: How does that make any sense?  You said without Burrow.  Most of us knew we had very little chance when Burrow went down and with the defense being as poor as it was we had little to no chance of being successful if we did make the playoffs.  

Totally makes sense , if we ended same record with Burrow,  would you say we should have tanked? Also as my post stated was about expectation, most including u did not expect 4-3..
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Totally makes sense , if we ended same record with Burrow,  would you say we should have tanked? Also as my post stated was about expectation, most including u did not expect 4-3..

Makes zero sense to me, I might be an idiot, but I think it is stupid to ask about the season after losing Burrow, then receive a response and you follow up with:

"So if we went 4-3 with Burrow you rather play for picks?"

The response was regarding the season WITHOUT  Burrow.  YOU asked the question.  And then YOU changed it.  Makes zero sense, but alas, not surprised. 

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 09:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Makes zero sense to me, I might be an idiot, but I think it is stupid to ask about the season after losing Burrow, then receive a response and you follow up with:

The response was regarding the season WITHOUT  Burrow.  YOU asked the question.  And then YOU changed it.  Makes zero sense, but alas, 
I think you summed it up with I might be a idiot...lol
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 09:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Makes zero sense to me, I might be an idiot, but I think it is stupid to ask about the season after losing Burrow, then receive a response and you follow up with:

The response was regarding the season WITHOUT  Burrow.  YOU asked the question.  And then YOU changed it.  Makes zero sense, but alas, not surprised. 

caesar, you are definitely not an idiot. I was in the same mindset as you when Burrow went down. Wanted to see some of the younger guys get more reps for evaluation and development. Would have relished any wins but not be upset by losses. Was hoping for a better draft position but willing to accept what ever played out. At least we now know we have a viable backup QB and no need to waste a draft pick there. Hopefully focus on the trenches on both ol and dl in fa and/or early rounds.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 09:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think you summed it up with I might be a idiot...lol

With Burrow you have a chance in most every game even with a garbage D that we had this year, at least a healthy Burrow. Going 9-8 with a healthy Burrow and missing the play offs is a wasted year.

Losing Burrow for the rest if the season when you’re fighting for play off spots and there was enough time fight for seeding, with a garbage D, to me it makes way more sense to play for pick seeding to either have leverage in trading your first for more picks or to get the best player at a higher position. Instead you fight to 9-8 which is mediocre or slightly above pick late teens and potentially not getting a true premium talent.

This is what happened, which makes this season lost and outside of Browning getting more money-which by the way, good for him!- there’s no silver lining to the outcome to this season
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: How many thought sitting 5-5 no Burrow with the tough schedule facing us we would go 4-3 and a winning record,  I did not. Who dey

Shows the character of this team. First-class individuals all the way. And I don't even remember any infighting or defeatist attitude. A team easy to be proud of.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 09:28 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: With Burrow you have a chance in most every game even with a garbage D that we had this year, at least a healthy Burrow. Going 9-8 with a healthy Burrow and missing the play offs is a wasted year.

Losing Burrow for the rest if the season when you’re fighting for play off spots and there was enough time fight for seeding, with a garbage D, to me it makes way more sense to play for pick seeding to either have  leverage in trading your first for more picks or to get the best player at a higher position. Instead you fight to 9-8 which is mediocre or slightly above pick late teens and potentially not getting a true premium talent.

This is what happened, which makes this season lost and outside of Browning getting more money-which by the way, good for him!- there’s no silver lining to the outcome to this season.

Maybe I'm not understanding you here...but it sounds like you're upset because they tried to win games and fight for a playoff berth. 

How in the hell is that a bad thing? Mellow 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 09:28 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: With Burrow you have a chance in most every game even with a garbage D that we had this year, at least a healthy Burrow. Going 9-8 with a healthy Burrow and missing the play offs is a wasted year.

Losing Burrow for the rest if the season when you’re fighting for play off spots and there was enough time fight for seeding, with a garbage D, to me it makes way more sense to play for pick seeding to either have  leverage in trading your first for more picks or to get the best player at a higher position. Instead you fight to 9-8 which is mediocre or slightly above pick late teens and potentially not getting a true premium talent.

This is what happened, which makes this season lost and outside of Browning getting more money-which by the way, good for him!- there’s no silver lining to the outcome to this season
I don't think you understand make up of nfl players , DNA is not built to loss , as Browning stated in news conference we take plays off we get hurt.  We still could have had Burrow and probably would have been in similar position as Browning  going into Kc f
Fane
Reply/Quote
I'm annoyed of my friend already. It's been 4 hours and he has must have reminded me 100 times. One Bengals win against the Steelers this year and their positions would have been switched.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Going off the top of my head here.

Burrow's been hurt 2 of his 4 seasons

In both those seasons, the team had a better record without Burrow
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote