Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9 favorites for first round
The idea is simple, we pick 9th so give me your 9 favorite prospects for us to draft (meaning as long as we stay put at #9 one is guaranteed to be available when we're on the clock). This is for the first 9 players you would like to see in stripes based on skill, position, need, etc, not a big board of all consensus top 9 players. I'll start...

1 Myles Garrett DE
2 Cam Robinson OT
3 John Allen DE
4 mike Williams WR
5 Derek Barnett DE
6 Rueben Foster LB
7 Malik Hooker S
8 Leonard Fournette RB
9 Zach Cunningham LB

If we pick one of these guys I will be very happy after round one
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like your list. I'd remove Allen and Garrett (won't be there) and add Taco Charlton and John Ross. Maybe a bit high for #9, but it's early in the process and this stuff is fluid.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 12:14 PM)TGISunday Wrote: I like your list. I'd remove Allen and Garrett  (won't be there) and add Taco Charlton and John Ross. Maybe a bit high for #9, but it's early in the process and this stuff is fluid.

I think Charlton is there in 2nd, this is a very deep pass rushing class. Don't think we will have interest on Ross, we don't tend to have interest in 5'11 WRs and honestly I question his WR skills, but he is dynamic with the ball in hand.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather have Dalvin Cook over Fournette all day long and twice on Sunday.....otherwise, not a bad list.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 11:57 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The idea is simple, we pick 9th so give me your 9 favorite prospects for us to draft (meaning as long as we stay put at #9 one is guaranteed to be available when we're on the clock). This is for the first 9 players you would like to see in stripes based on skill, position, need, etc, not a big board of all consensus top 9 players. I'll start...

1 Myles Garrett DE
2 Cam Robinson OT
3 John Allen DE
4 mike Williams WR
5 Derek Barnett DE
6 Rueben Foster LB
7 Malik Hooker S
8 Leonard Fournette RB
9 Zach Cunningham LB

mines the same just take away fournette give me cook and take away cunningham give me lattimmore since this is the Bengals 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 02:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'd rather have Dalvin Cook over Fournette all day long and twice on Sunday.....otherwise, not a bad list.

Assuming that Fournette's ankle check out fine, you really can't go wrong with either one. That being said, I think that a new RB wouldn't really fix the problems with the running game.
Reply/Quote
1 Myles Garrett DE
2 Malik Hooker S
3 John Allen DE
4 Marlon Humphties CB
5 Jabrill Peppers LB
6 Teez Tabor CB
7 Leonard Fournette RB
8. Rueban Foster LB
9. Corey Davis WR
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
1.Garrett
2.Allen
3.M. Williams
4.Hooker
5.Cook
6.Adams
7.Fournette
8.McDowell
9.Robinson
Reply/Quote
My dark horse right now is Tim Williams. I think once teams starting working him out, and he will probably wreck the combine, he'll start flying up draft boards because of his freakish pass rush abilities. Look how Leonard Floyd went from fringe first rounder to top 10 last season and Williams is a much more natural edge rusher than Floyd.

Never under estimate QBs and pass rusher values in the draft.
Reply/Quote
A guy like Williams could be the pick. I think he matches up well with what Marvin wants from a DE. Not like Garrett, but he won't be there at #9.

Malik Hooker is looking like a great pick, if he falls to us.

But if Reuben Foster is there, it would be hard to walk away without picking him.

Foster and Hooker would be worth a #9 for our D. Next to any DE who'd be there at #9, I don't see the comparison.

Williams, the Clemson WR, would be another one. Or Corey Davis. A shot at a top WR wouldn't hurt this offense. Alot of people stepped up when AJ went down. But having 2 legit #1 WRs would be amazing for Andy.

I'd love to take Eilflein in the 2nd. I know the Oline is the secret to making this offense what it needs to be, but I think we need to address Oline in FA. I've said it before. I want a good veteran RT to come in for a year or two. This team, as it's currently structured, is only good for a Super Bowl run for another 2-3 years. Elflein is about the only Olineman I'd consider drafting early, because Bodine sucks so hard. Elflein could start day one.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 11:57 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The idea is simple, we pick 9th so give me your 9 favorite prospects for us to draft (meaning as long as we stay put at #9 one is guaranteed to be available when we're on the clock). This is for the first 9 players you would like to see in stripes based on skill, position, need, etc, not a big board of all consensus top 9 players. I'll start...

1 Myles Garrett DE
2 Cam Robinson OT
3 John Allen DE
4 mike Williams WR
5 Derek Barnett DE
6 Rueben Foster LB
7 Malik Hooker S
8 Leonard Fournette RB
9 Zach Cunningham LB

I personally would want of the highlighted ones and for me I've been hoping we would draft a stud LB for years.
Reply/Quote
1 Myles Garrett DE
2 Johnathan Allen DE
3 Derek Barnett DE
4 Mike Williams WR
5 Corey Davis WR
6 Cam Robinson OT
7 Rueben Foster LB
8 Tim Williams DE
9 Dalvin Cook RB

Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker would be nice, but I honestly don't see this team drafting a safety. They have both safeties locked up long term with a decent prospect sitting behind both of them. The player would have to be a truly transcendent talent in order to make the Bengals move away from players they've already paid.

Also, look for Charles Harris and Solomon Thomas to begin rising in the ranks as the off season progresses as well. I may like them more than Tim Williams, as Tim would be forced into a situational role whereas  Harris and Thomas, while not being quite as explosive, can be every down players who played as a down linemen in college and have been productive there.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 10:31 AM)Crowe Wrote: I personally would want of the highlighted ones and for me I've been hoping we would draft a stud LB for years.

Top 10 4-3 LBs have been a bust outside of Kuechly the last 10 years or so. I am going to side with history and say pass.
Reply/Quote
In order for me:

1. Myles Garrett
2. Jonathan Allen
3. Rueben Foster
4. Malik Hooker
5. Derek Barnett
6. Jamal Adams
7. Mike Williams
8. Cam Robinson
9. Jabril Peppers

If we walked away with any of those 9 after the first round I would be more than happy. And honestly the 2nd round intrigues me more than the 1st since we are top 10. Someone with some serious talent is going to fall to us.
Reply/Quote

1 Myles Garrett DE
2 Cam Robinson OT
3 John Allen DE
4 mike Williams WR
5 Derek Barnett DE
6 Rueben Foster LB
7 Malik Hooker S
8 Leonard Fournette RB
9 Zach Cunningham LB

At least one team in the top 8 will take a QB.  Another one will take somebody not on that list.  So, there is a chance one of the top 5 slides to 9.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 05:13 PM)Jpoore Wrote: mines the same just take away fournette give me cook and take away cunningham give me lattimmore since this is the Bengals 

So the same, but over 20% different?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 01:39 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So the same, but over 20% different?
just switching out 2 players is not a need to retype everything.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 01:53 AM)Jpoore Wrote: just switching out 2 players is not a need to retype everything.

1 Myles Garrett DE
2 Cam Robinson OT
3 John Allen DE
4 mike Williams WR
5 Derek Barnett DE
6 Rueben Foster LB
7 Malik Hooker S
8 Cook 
9 Lattimore

I literally typed two words.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 11:45 PM)McC Wrote: At least one team in the top 8 will take a QB.  Another one will take somebody not on that list.  So, there is a chance one of the top 5 slides to 9.

Robinson would be a huge reach at #9......we cant afford to use this pick on a project player ,we need an impact player now preferably a pro bowl type rookie with that 9 spot.Hooker is ed reed 2.0 he would shutdown the back half of the field allowing our pass rush to pin their ears back...hooker is my choice is allen and fournette are gone
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 02:34 AM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Robinson would be a huge reach at #9......we cant afford to use this pick on a project player ,we need an impact player now preferably a pro bowl type rookie with that 9 spot.Hooker is ed reed 2.0 he would shutdown the back half of the field allowing our pass rush to pin their ears back...hooker is my choice is allen and fournette are gone

yeah love hooker hes a legit fs while Williams and iloka are ss if we don't get hooker Williams is my pick next to aj green. I know we have other needs but that sets us up with 2   number 1recievers for another 5-6 year super bowl window. especially with an imact edge rusher in the second. or lb
Reply/Quote